Old December 18, 2003, 11:13   #1
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 08:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Replacement(s) needed for Several PBEMs
I have been unable to access my email and download/upload/attach the saves for the PBEMs I am in since over a week ago.

They said today that the main computer blew up. And the parts just came in today. They said it would be back up tonight. Anyway, its not fair to everyone else for me to hold you guys up so I am looking for permanent replacements for all of my pbems.

PTW PBEMs
Living Large PBEM - Large map, 8 civs, standard rules. I am China and am on a large island to myself. Have discovered another large island and a VERY large island. No contact with any other civs.

Naval PBEM - Archipelco custom made map. Each civ is on its own home island and the unit stats have been altered a bit to give naval units additional movement and no tech trading allowed. Several large islands in the center. I am playing Germany and I am ..ehem... losing this one.

As You Like It PBEM Should check the thread for this one, there are LOTS of changes to the rules. I am playing the "Ottomans".

Premade Europe PBEM - I am Prussia (Germany) on a premade map of Europe.

Double Trouble PBEM - There are four players and each one has two civs. I am playing Germany and Egypt and my two civs have made contact with one another.

Short Break PBEM - I am playing China and we are all be slaughtered by Alva who is playing the Persians.

Create A Civ PBEM - Each player made up their own civ with secret UU and traits. PM for info if interested. There are several Hidden Nationality units and two civs were eliminated rather quickly.

Conquests PBEMs
Balderdash PBEM - Just started, players are supposed to lie and perform misinformation in their posts. Civ is India.

Strictly Conquests PBEM - Simple Conquests Rules, I am playing Sumeria.

Middle Ages Conquests Scenario PBEM - The Middle Ages Scenario, I am playing the Byzantines.

Age of Discovery PBEM The Age of Discovery Scenario, I am playing Spain.

More pending on when I remember them.
Old December 18, 2003, 11:18   #2
McMeadows
Civilization III PBEMIron CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 16:49
I wouldn't mind taking over one that you are losing. I'm new to PBEM so I'd like to get some experience and being able to mess up with an excuse ...
Old December 18, 2003, 11:29   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

The Naval One has me losing by civ points, but I'm probably dominant in a few other areas. If you want one that you don't have to worry about anyone getting miffed at you regardless of what you do then the Short Break one would be the ticket.

Alva has 2-3 times the military of all the other players combined and its like a bad remake of Independence Day.
Old December 18, 2003, 11:46   #4
McMeadows
Civilization III PBEMIron CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

haha.. ok I'll bid for Independence Day. Belgian dominace over the world, that's scary indeed...
Old December 18, 2003, 14:26   #5
CerberusIV
lifer
C4WDG United Dungeon DwellersC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 15:49
Ghengis - If you don't want to drop out of all your games I can take over some of them on a temporary basis for a week or two (not the ones I am in for obvious reasons - then again...). If you want permanent replacements then sorry but I have enough games running.

McMeadows - I am the other player left in the Short Break game and Alva's next target. You are most welcome to join the slaughter. The idea is to make world domination by the Belgic-Persians as difficult as possible for them.
Old December 18, 2003, 15:18   #6
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 07:49
Ghengis, you can't drop Balderdash. We have to be able to pick on you!

Cerberus had a good idea of temporary replacements if you want to get back into your games once your computer is back up.
Old December 18, 2003, 15:22   #7
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

I can take over for the Naval game

just kidding...

I don't really have time to join other PBEM games, so I can't take over any of the games for you
Old December 18, 2003, 15:54   #8
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by CerberusIV
Ghengis - If you don't want to drop out of all your games I can take over some of them on a temporary basis for a week or two (not the ones I am in for obvious reasons - then again...). If you want permanent replacements then sorry but I have enough games running.
That would work, hopefully. (I would hate to think I won't have internet that long.) I don't think I'm going to find replacements for all of them.

McMeadows, I will pm you the password for that game and Cerb is the one that sends it to you anyway. I was China and had absolutely no Horse resource anywhere. You should try to kill Alva, he's the one that Horse boycotted me.
Old December 18, 2003, 18:48   #9
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

I also can take 2-3 games, but only temporary please, at most till Jan 12th (have vacation until then). Obviously not those where I already play and where I set up the map (As you like it). If my memory serves right, I already had replaced you in the Europe map game.
Old December 18, 2003, 18:50   #10
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Oh and by the way, Ghengis lies. He's not losing the Naval game. His score was... well, let's say he didn't put much effort in increasing it. His military strength kicks ass.
Old December 18, 2003, 19:41   #11
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
If you want one that you don't have to worry about anyone getting miffed at you regardless of what you do then the Short Break one would be the ticket.

oohh, can't SR take over in this one , he backstabbed and annihilated me in a previous game and still want my revenge
-
Seriously; GF take all the time you need, that's the beauty of a PBEM game
Old December 18, 2003, 20:30   #12
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Woo Hoo my internet is back up!
Old December 18, 2003, 21:13   #13
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Great
Old December 19, 2003, 05:50   #14
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:49
I'm really glad you've found your way back online. I would have been willing to wait longer for your situation to clear up. I'm also glad that we don't have to wait on that anymore though too!
Old December 19, 2003, 07:21   #15
alva
Deity

BTW, how do handle 15 PBEM games , it takes me an hour to complete just one.
Old December 19, 2003, 08:25   #16
CerberusIV
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by alva
BTW, how do handle 15 PBEM games , it takes me an hour to complete just one.
Actually, I have about a dozen games running, some more active than others and the amount of attention each turn gets varies.

Perhaps this explains why you are winning the Short Break game?
Old December 19, 2003, 10:10   #17
alva
Deity

Damn, here I was thinking I was sooooo much better.
Old December 19, 2003, 14:43   #18
CerberusIV
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by alva
Damn, here I was thinking I was sooooo much better.
That may have something to do with it.
Old December 19, 2003, 15:49   #19
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

I just open it up play it and send it on. Takes less than 4 minutes for each one how can you possible spend an hour over one turn?
Old December 19, 2003, 17:34   #20
alva
Deity

Eugh,hmmm, well, I...*scratches head * eugh, have a very slow PC..that's it. My PC is extreemly slow...

A lot of that time is spent on MM cities and workers I guess.