Old December 18, 2003, 22:43   #1
YC4B4U
Warlord

Local Time: 00:20
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Interface changes - what do you think
I have two ideas regarding the user interface that I wanted to float with everyone and see what they think.

Bombard first
It seems that the unit order isn't the best for waging war particularly in the latter part of the game. I would want my artillery highlighted first (to bombard), bombers second (for their lethal bombard), offensive units (to attack) and finally defensive units and support units (to prepare for the counter attack).
I haven't seen anything to allow me to do this... it just gets to be a royal pain when you have a hundred units and you have to individually select which one you wish to use and then hope that it is still active. Cycling through the units can take forever!

Enemy Resources
Strategic level war requires that I know what the enemies resources are and where they are located. I have often wished that I could hit F2 and select an enemy just like I do for myself and see a row of resources which you can put your mouse on and it tells you where the resource is located.
Searching all over the map gets a bit tiresome (and often unrewarding).

What do ya think?
Old December 18, 2003, 23:48   #2
ducki
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 08:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
On the resources, you can initiate trade with the AI in question - if it shows up on your side, he doesn't have it. If it doesn't, he does.

Still tedious, but way better than searching the map.
Old December 19, 2003, 00:05   #3
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 10:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
four keys

CTRL SHIFT M

z

this will show you just the geography of the map (with resources showing) and then zoomed out...