Old December 19, 2003, 04:39   #1
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 09:51
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Whatever Happened to Scott Ritter?
Last I heard, he was being accused of soliciting sex with a minor (pedophilism) over the internet by the good folks at Fox (O'Reilly, Hannity) and that was maybe 6 months to a year ago... It appears he was right about WMD in Iraq, but time will tell on that score. I'm more interested in what now appears to me to have been a smear campaign and if Fox and other networks were merely dupes used by the promoters of an Iraqi invasion or worse...

The silence from both Ritter's critics and supporters is a little baffling, I'd think his most vocal critics would be keeping us up to date on these allegations and his most vocal supporters would be making alot of noise if these allegations were unfounded and part of a smear campaign.
Old December 19, 2003, 12:31   #2
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 10:51
He does seem to have dropped off the face of the Earth, doesn't he?
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old December 19, 2003, 12:34   #3
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Who cares? Even if he was right, he was still an annoying ****.
Old December 19, 2003, 13:00   #4
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:51
He no longer serves our purpose...
Old December 19, 2003, 15:29   #5
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 08:51
Cheney found an even deeper hole than the one he inhabits for Scott.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old December 19, 2003, 19:39   #6
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Re: Whatever Happened to Scott Ritter?
Quote:
Originally posted by Berzerker
... It appears he was right about WMD in Iraq, but time will tell on that score.
Well duh, he have to be right it one of his stament. Either the 2001 one that Saddam did not have them, or the circa 1998/99 that he most certainly did have them (when he reigned from the inspection because their leadership was in his view deliberated allowing Saddam to skate).
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; December 19, 2003 at 19:53.
Old December 19, 2003, 20:02   #7
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 16:51
HE gave an interview on belgian or dutch tv a couple of months ago (some time after the war). Not gloating, just a normal interview.
-
Quote:
Who cares? Even if he was right, he was still an annoying ****.
he was one of very few to take that point of view, you've got to appreciate the man for standing up for what he beliefs in.
I think he had more to loose then to gain by taking that very point and making sure it was heard all over the world instead of howling with the wolves. (pun was not intented but I do like it )
Old December 19, 2003, 20:08   #8
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Here is the Indy media in Scotland saying he was framed (the 2 times he was caught in a sting for luring underage girls on the internet) was framed by Bush, Blair and...THE ILLUMINATI!

"they're so in your face and obvious nowadays, the illuminati. I'm sure they'll pick off a number of those who represent serious opposition picked out for some underage/paedophile tag.
So having Scott Ritter on your platform or quoting him in articles, where his knowledge and experience scotch the whole notion that Iraq has WMD, will become a pariah activity like singing 'Do you wanna be in my gang' in the shower, or spinning 'Who's Next' on the turntable, or saying to someone "TONIGHT, SIMON, YOU ARE.....DONNY OSMOND!" :-)
We'll all be taken out in the long term by some crime currently demonised in the media arena, and subject to public hysteria.
It's interesting to see Bush And Blair remain so relaxed and confident, while their empty shells of accusations are getting so exposed as just that. "
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"
Old December 19, 2003, 20:41   #9
Berzerker
Emperor

Lefty, what became of these allegations wrt Ritter? Has he been charged?
Old December 19, 2003, 21:06   #10
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

He was charged in the 2nd incident, but in a bizare procedure a Junior DA, violating several policies of the Albany DA regarding sex crimes or crimes preying on children, including failing to to report and failure to get her superiors permission for plea bargains in such cases, made a deal to dismiss charges with only sex abuse counseling as a condition, and agreed to seal the court records (again which junior were not to do without the permission of the chief). When her superiors found out I believe she was dismissed. Corruption was suspected but not discovered. Both arrests, about 2 or 3 months apart, involved a sting operation with a police women staking out several chatrooms pretending to be a minor. Pretending to be 14 in the first case and 16 in the 2nd. Ritter was arrested each time when trying to meet the "girl" in a public place. His object was to have the "girl" watch him masterbate. I suspect evidence problems were invovled in both cases. Likely the police tactic in the chatrooms was to aggressive, and not waiting unitl the potential target had exhibited enough 'predisposition' to the crime before encouraging him. Ritter must had a very serious mental to be caught a by the same ruse hust a couple months after the first time. Can you say gulible, kiddies?

Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; December 19, 2003 at 21:15.
Old December 19, 2003, 21:12   #11
Berzerker
Emperor

Thanks, so Ritter accepted "sex abuse counselling" to get the matter dropped. Was Ritter entrapped, i.e., he was making dates with "adults" over the internet only for the adult to turn out to be a minor or did he actually try to arrange a meeting with a minor?
Old December 19, 2003, 21:19   #12
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

See the edit above. Entrapment would occur in the police sting made the first movesuggesting an unlawful action, rather than merely pretend to be girls and waiting until the traget had made the first move suggesting something untoward.
Old December 19, 2003, 21:23   #13
Timexwatch
King

Ritter got nailed meeting the last one in a Burger King in Colonie after talking to a person who he thought was a young girl online.

Last time I he spoke around here in Upstate New York a local talk show host tried to get listeners to go to the meating wearing Burger King Crowns. He's pretty much an embarassment and laughing stock to anyone outside the far left....