Old December 28, 2003, 01:49   #31
G4ian
Settler

Local Time: 09:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie Monster
Exactly how my dell is. Yes it's a pain to hit numlock everytime you wanna mine or irrigate but you get used to it.
Whoa, you hit numlock every time? I just use the Fn key to negate the numpad when necessary.
Old December 28, 2003, 06:07   #32
sprudl
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 16:52
Quote:
Originally posted by G'Kar
Okay, one more question: does anyone have experience playing Civ3 with "integrated" graphics on a laptop or desktop?

There's a Toshiba laptop I like but the only problem is it has Intel graphics with 32MB of the "shared" memory. I don't know how graphically demanding Civ3 is vis a vis other games.
As far as I know, it doesn't matter for Civ that the graphics card uses shared (slow) memory or that is "only" 32MB or video RAM.

Keep in mind that you'll have 32MB of RAM less for Civ. That may show when playing huge maps. What's the total amount of RAM?
Old December 28, 2003, 11:21   #33
Cookie Monster
King

Local Time: 09:52
Quote:
Originally posted by G4ian

Whoa, you hit numlock every time? I just use the Fn key to negate the numpad when necessary.
That's what I used to do. You still had to press and hold Fn key to get the numlock disabled. I guess my laziness thinks it's easier to just toggle the numlock key the to press and hold the Fn key.
Old December 28, 2003, 12:23   #34
Kazzyliciouz
Settler

Local Time: 14:52
Quote:
Originally posted by G'Kar
Okay, one more question: does anyone have experience playing Civ3 with "integrated" graphics on a laptop or desktop?

There's a Toshiba laptop I like but the only problem is it has Intel graphics with 32MB of the "shared" memory. I don't know how graphically demanding Civ3 is vis a vis other games.
You should be perfectly fine with that amount of video memory. Civ3 runs fine on my old laptop, which has only 16mb of shared video memory. With Civ3, the amount of RAM itself is more important than video ram.
Old December 28, 2003, 18:11   #35
G'Kar
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 08:52
Quote:
Originally posted by sprudl

As far as I know, it doesn't matter for Civ that the graphics card uses shared (slow) memory or that is "only" 32MB or video RAM.

Keep in mind that you'll have 32MB of RAM less for Civ. That may show when playing huge maps. What's the total amount of RAM?
It has 512MB total and since my desktop with 256MB runs good, I guess I don't have to worry. Thanks.