Old January 17, 2004, 20:39   #391
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 10:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
I see that I need to point out a few things

First off, It's been a very rough last few months for me. ....
E_T - all the best, buddy. Take care.

(*Beta sees E_T's impressive contribution to the ISDG ina whole new light.)

And let's get the game going.

btw - is game 5 coming soon?
Old January 17, 2004, 20:48   #392
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 15:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
I was sure E_T would at least talk with his favorite replacement, before he boots me. This way his attack doesn't make the least sense. Since OPD doesn't want to replace me, E_T should look for another player and ask him first before he launches the next wave.
Harovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2004, 22:36   #393
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I had put OPD in to the slot, because he had posted that he would replace any players that had left. It was after that I had seen that he was placed in the rotation of another game

So, Sir Ralph, are you going to play or what? If so, you have the save and lets get cooking.

E_T

Last edited by E_T; January 17, 2004 at 22:51.
E_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2004, 22:48   #394
predesad
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 08:54
One more time i woud like to ask Sir Ralph & E_T to put aside their differences, make peace and play the game. The tourney is bigger than you 2 players, however any further bickering could make it grievous for all of us. I am not a quitter by no means, I hate when someone quits, but i have honestly thought about getting someone to replace me because of not only this little spat, but also some other whining that has gone on. Please, dont take that comment as my saying i want to quit, what i am saying is all the whining, all the complaining, all the crying is making this tourney not fun for the peace loving religious farmers known as the Celts, we have yet to build a city and currently our thoughts have been on sailing away from this world to avoid it all, and we would do it if the world wasn't flat and we weren't afraid of falling off.
predesad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2004, 22:58   #395
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
I had put OPD in to the slot, because he had posted that he would replace any players that had left. It was after that I had seen that he was placed in the rotation of another game

So, Sir Ralph, are you going to play or what? If so, you have the save and lets get cooking.

E_T
I already sent it to Paddy a few hours ago. I wonder if you want to boot me again tomorrow. Was quite an unfriendly surprise this morning.
Harovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2004, 23:11   #396
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:54
I'm with predesad..Let's put it behind us and move onwards.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2004, 23:20   #397
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:54
Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
I'm with predesad..Let's put it behind us and move onwards.
Here Here!
Old January 18, 2004, 00:35   #398
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph

I already sent it to Paddy a few hours ago. I wonder if you want to boot me again tomorrow. Was quite an unfriendly surprise this morning.
Good to hear, Sir Ralph. Let's play some civ!!!

E_T
Old January 18, 2004, 01:29   #399
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I'm glad this is being resolved.

Game 1 will likely be restarted with a new map only because of Rommel2D's mishap.
I can do nothing about seafaring civs being far from water. All the starts had to be preset to ensure that my slight editing was preserved. This would prevent the game itself from putting searfaring civs on the coast. Since we chose to pick civs randomly, my hands are tied.
Just find the ocean and build a city fast.

A new map will be made for Game 1 tomorrow.

Game 5 is still being delayed. Unless I'm much mistaken, I only have passwords from MasterZen, SAMUEL2904, and Beta. I'm still waiting, Arnelos.
Old January 18, 2004, 01:55   #400
predesad
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

octavian, not 2 add 2 ur workload, but would it not b possible since u play / skip our first turns when u put in the passwords 2 check who is seafaring, and then if they are seafaring go back into the map, and edit it further to have their start coastal, would seem only fair since the game itself would have placed them there. after doing this, you could then choose our civs instead of going random again based upon what civs we were given initially? i think this is the only fair way to handle seafaring civs, especially since one of the advantages of beinf seafaring is a coastal start.
Old January 18, 2004, 02:59   #401
Rommel2D
staff
Civilization III PBEMIron Civers

Local Time: 09:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
I can do nothing about seafaring civs being far from water. All the starts had to be preset to ensure that my slight editing was preserved. This would prevent the game itself from putting searfaring civs on the coast. Since we chose to pick civs randomly, my hands are tied.
Having to locate the ocean before building your first city can be a pretty significant disadvantage. Isn't avoiding situations like this the only reason to have the first turn previewed at all? If there's no way for you to get seafaring civs on the coast, we actually have a better chance of a fair start without any moderation.
Old January 18, 2004, 04:13   #402
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by predesad
octavian, not 2 add 2 ur workload, but would it not b possible since u play / skip our first turns when u put in the passwords 2 check who is seafaring, and then if they are seafaring go back into the map, and edit it further to have their start coastal, would seem only fair since the game itself would have placed them there. after doing this, you could then choose our civs instead of going random again based upon what civs we were given initially? i think this is the only fair way to handle seafaring civs, especially since one of the advantages of beinf seafaring is a coastal start.
He has a point. The map is saved as a scenario, right?

Just restart if a Seafaring civ starts in the middle of Asia.
notyoueither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2004, 08:08   #403
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Game 5 is still being delayed. Unless I'm much mistaken, I only have passwords from MasterZen, SAMUEL2904, and Beta. I'm still waiting, Arnelos.
Arny is gone until sometime monday or tuesday.
Old January 18, 2004, 08:56   #404
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

@ E_T:

Impressive story. I´ve heard in the past weeks from some people who have been laid off / out of work and not all of them had such a positive attitude to do something to get a new job as you had. Respect. I wish you luck that you really can keep the job you´re now in although it´s quite uncomfortable to work at night.
Old January 18, 2004, 09:54   #405
Conqueror
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton UniversityC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
King

Local Time: 16:54
/edit: removed obsolete information

Last edited by Conqueror; January 20, 2004 at 09:31.
Conqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2004, 10:48   #406
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Jackson
@ E_T:

Impressive story. I´ve heard in the past weeks from some people who have been laid off / out of work and not all of them had such a positive attitude to do something to get a new job as you had. Respect. I wish you luck that you really can keep the job you´re now in although it´s quite uncomfortable to work at night.

It's not nice out there right now. A lot of people have given up looking for a while, which would make the unemployment rate higher if they are.

I just heard about a groserystore chain that's shutting down and putting 3000 people (IIRC) out of work.

I'm very thankful to have what I can.

E_T
Old January 18, 2004, 15:27   #407
Rommel2D
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Conqueror
I dont think anyone at game 1 objects this ?
That's fine by me.

Last edited by Rommel2D; January 20, 2004 at 02:21.
Rommel2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2004, 17:56   #408
predesad
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Quote:
I dont think anyone at game 1 objects this ?
no objections here.
Old January 18, 2004, 23:46   #409
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Game 1 people: Sorry, but I don't feel comfortable re-assigning the old civs. New map, new civs. I don't think it's fair to other tournament players, who all had their civs picked at random. They didn't get any special treatment when it came to the placement of their civs, seafaring or not.

Like I said, the only reason this game is being restarted at all is because Rommel2D accidentially saw what he wasn't supposed to see.

Luck of the draw, my friends.

I'm going to create your new map, but I won't send it off for 24 hours or so, just in case someone comes up with really good reason for me not to take the course of action I've already outlined.
Old January 18, 2004, 23:59   #410
predesad
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

well, i disagree, but i defer 2 ur judgement even if i think it makes the game unfair
Old January 18, 2004, 23:59   #411
Soltz
Iron CiversC4WDG Delian League
King

Local Time: 06:54
Hard life being a referee.
Old January 19, 2004, 00:10   #412
E_T
Emperor

That's why he gets payed the big donuts, to make the hard decisions....

/me gives OctX a baker's Dozen of Donuts

E_T
Old January 19, 2004, 00:19   #413
Rommel2D
staff

Quote:
I don't think it's fair to other tournament players, who all had their civs picked at random. They didn't get any special treatment when it came to the placement of their civs, seafaring or not.
No, it isn't fair that some players were given civs with a trait made weak to start with due to map settings, then additionally stripped of one it's benefits. I guess the important thing is that the games are started...
Old January 19, 2004, 06:21   #414
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Game 1 people: Sorry, but I don't feel comfortable re-assigning the old civs. New map, new civs. I don't think it's fair to other tournament players, who all had their civs picked at random. They didn't get any special treatment when it came to the placement of their civs, seafaring or not.
I don't object... as I mentioned in the other thread: I wouldn't mind getting some really crappy civ, as long it's not the you-know-what-civ
Old January 20, 2004, 00:32   #415
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Sorry, didn't realize that I needed to get this to you. Sending now.

EDIT: sent

Last edited by Arnelos; January 20, 2004 at 01:03.
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2004, 01:56   #416
Octavian X
King

OK, Games 1 and 5 have been sent. good luck, and have fun!

BTW - Anyone think we should try to advertise our little tournament? Fill out a few more games?
Old January 20, 2004, 02:17   #417
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 23:54
um, hi there,

how many games would you like to have here?
Old January 20, 2004, 07:05   #418
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

I don't think we should do some more advertising, otherwise the final game would be a battle of 8 players...

Maybe we could start a second tournament for those who didn't make it to Tournament one, but I don't think we should start that one before this tournament has been started....
Old January 20, 2004, 09:09   #419
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

And Game 1 has been restarted:

ADG: Arabia
Conqueror: Egypts
Rommel2D: Spanish
Predesad: Portuguese
Old January 20, 2004, 17:36   #420
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Game #5 now has its own thread.
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote