Old May 1, 2004, 15:50   #481
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 16:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Since you haven't got to AD yet, you should just find a replacement (Just use the replacement thread)
Old May 3, 2004, 05:09   #482
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:54
Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
Since you haven't got to AD yet, you should just find a replacement (Just use the replacement thread)
Will do.
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 16:17   #483
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

MFCamillus has volunteered to replace Samuel2904 in Game #5.

I have sent him the save.

Hopefully, we can get that game moving again.
Old May 15, 2004, 00:19   #484
Arnelos
Emperor

I honestly don't know what to do about PBEM Tourny Game #5. First, Samuel quits and we eventually get MFCamillus to replace him. Now Beta hasn't played a turn in 8 days. MZ routinely takes forever on his turns.

I'm fine with people taking trips or breaks from the game, but I think there needs to be some sort of notice as for the reason and likely amount of time.
Old May 15, 2004, 00:24   #485
MFCamillus
Civilization III PBEMIron Civers
Prince

Local Time: 06:54
Does Beta actually have the turn? I know that he has posted in the last day or so.
MFCamillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2004, 02:51   #486
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:54
Arnelos, have you tried PMing Beta? I personally know that he follows thru and if there is a prolonged delay he lets everyone know....So I'm thinking that Beta does not know that the turn is on him (ie, the save was lost in the email system).
Old May 15, 2004, 09:43   #487
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 10:54
Heck

Its been so long since Ive played game 2, I cant even remeber what the issue was
Old May 16, 2004, 02:30   #488
Rommel2D
staff

I think you were waiting on GF because he misplaced his v1.15 punch cards, and now he needs to replace a couple vacuum tubes or something... :-)
Old May 16, 2004, 05:18   #489
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Btw, predesad is for some unknown reason unable to play, so jhelr has taken his place... since predesad haven't been online to post himself (only family/friend?), we don't know if the replacement is temp or for the rest of the game...
Old May 16, 2004, 09:55   #490
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel2D
I think you were waiting on GF because he misplaced his v1.15 punch cards, and now he needs to replace a couple vacuum tubes or something... :-)
Ya thats it, the bottomline is game two hasn't gone anywhere in weeks. It maybe getting close to two months without movement.

:sigh:
Old May 21, 2004, 18:12   #491
Arnelos
Emperor

It seems that there has been some breakdown in save passing between MZ and Beta in Game #5. I honestly don't know what the problem is, since both are perfectly active posters on the site. I'm PMing both to attempt to sort it out, but this is getting rediculous.
Old May 21, 2004, 19:04   #492
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

I'll take a look at it...
Old June 16, 2004, 16:22   #493
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

How's going?

It seems like the winner of Game #1 will be the winner of the tournament, since it seems like the other games has slowed too much down, one game even coming to a halt where it seem like there haven't been any turns played since the middle of May... and another game stopped at June 1st, because one decided to go on hollyday for 16 days, without getting a replacement...

Seems like game #1 can take a 6 months brake, and still be able to finish this game before any of the other games

What happened to the 24-hour rule? I can't go check up on all games, to see if they're running smoothly, you have to do something also...
Old June 16, 2004, 16:26   #494
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Well I tried a while back in game 2 to no avail.

Then I had a three week period of minimal internet access. I could check on threads but really couldn't spend the time babysitting my fellow PBEMers.

Next thing you know its mid june, Im back and still no movement in game 2.

Ah well, its all GF's fault
Old June 16, 2004, 22:49   #495
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Ah well, its all GF's fault
How typical.
Old June 17, 2004, 06:28   #496
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 23:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Adagio
How's going?

It seems like the winner of Game #1 will be the winner of the tournament, since it seems like the other games has slowed too much down, one game even coming to a halt where it seem like there haven't been any turns played since the middle of May... and another game stopped at June 1st, because one decided to go on hollyday for 16 days, without getting a replacement...

Seems like game #1 can take a 6 months brake, and still be able to finish this game before any of the other games

What happened to the 24-hour rule? I can't go check up on all games, to see if they're running smoothly, you have to do something also...
well game 4 is still going
Old June 17, 2004, 06:31   #497
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

That means 2/5 of all games are going...
Old June 17, 2004, 06:48   #498
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

yes it is rather sad news indeed

maybe you need to deputize Rommel2D to chase these players up.

another idea would be for the admin to step in and literally leave all cities, infrastructure and units in ruins, for those players that do not want to play with the 24 hour rule.

yes some games could have instant winners, but that is still a good thing. some games may have no winner

give each player a few days to respond, then remove them from the game

we are far enough into the comp that if they really wanted a replacement player they could have organised one.

commitments were made in good faith by many

it is a shame that so others have / are paying a price

some may think this is all a harsh option, but so many came rushing in wanting to play, and the truth of the commitment that was required was well discussed before the first games were ever started.

Apathy is a danger to any Civ, whether in RL or in a PBEM
Old June 17, 2004, 06:50   #499
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:54
I agree with PtS.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2004, 07:06   #500
smellymummy
King

yup, great suggestion paddy. I say we make it happen
smellymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2004, 07:21   #501
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
another idea would be for the admin to step in and literally leave all cities, infrastructure and units in ruins, for those players that do not want to play with the 24 hour rule.
Sounds like a solution, though from what I've seen, it looks like one game is down to one player now
Old June 17, 2004, 07:23   #502
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

I require everybody to respond to this thread, posting:

Game #
Nation (in the game)

Those who haven't responded in a few days, will have to get kicked out...
The rule was clear from the start, that they had to keep an eye on the main thread, so no excuses if they don't show up
Old June 17, 2004, 07:30   #503
Paddy
Prince

Game 4
Japan
Old June 17, 2004, 07:33   #504
smellymummy
King

game # 3, americans
smellymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2004, 07:37   #505
Krill
lifer
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The GooniesC4BtSDG TemplarsC4BtSDG ImperioC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4BtSDG Team BananaC4BtSDG Realms BeyondC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Deity

Local Time: 15:54
Game 1
Egypt

(as sub)
Old June 17, 2004, 08:53   #506
MFCamillus
Prince

Game #5

England
(Subbed in)
MFCamillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2004, 09:20   #507
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Game 2 (currently dead) Germans
Old June 18, 2004, 23:32   #508
Rommel2D
staff

Game uno
Spanish
Old June 19, 2004, 05:15   #509
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Not many who have posted here yet...

Game 1:
ADG - Arabs
Krill - Egypts
Rommel2D - Spanish
jshelr - Portugal

Game 2:
conmcb25 - Germans

Game 3:
smellymummy - Americans

Game 4:
Paddy the Scot - Japan

Game 5:
MFCamillus - England
Arnelos - Sumerians

Seems like a lot of people have forgotten to check this place...

Last edited by Adagio; June 19, 2004 at 18:08.
Adagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2004, 05:20   #510
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

In about 1 week there'll be consequenses for those who haven't posted here, unless I see their game is running well... like the 4th player in game 1 (jshelr) don't have to worry, since our game is still running well...

...but I'd still like to have everybody posting their information here, so I can see they're reading this topic...

Last edited by Adagio; June 19, 2004 at 06:09.
Adagio is offline   Reply With Quote