staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 16:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quick votes:

Should we use Cerb's replacement idea?
My votes goes to: Yes

Should we add more players to this game, or try to see if we can get enough players for a second tournament?
I'm undecided
Old January 11, 2004, 09:08   #242
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 15:54
Add to this tournament. To start the 2nd, 3rd etc. tournament while the first is still running sucks. Look in the online MP forum. There are already discussions about the 4th tournament, although even the 2nd hasn't even completed round 2. And that is online MP. The mess will be yet bigger in PBEM, where a game lasts about a year, or even more.
Harovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2004, 09:12   #243
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

I agree with Sir Ralph. A single tournament will be better than starting another one. If we get 5 oder 6 players for the final game it doesn´t matter.

Edit: The replacement suggestion by Cerberus is fantastic. We shall handle it that way.
Iron Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2004, 12:15   #244
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:54
I too vote Yes to Cerberus' replacement suggestion.

Add more people to this tournament - Yes (but up to when it actually starts).

Second Tournament - No.
Old January 11, 2004, 14:23   #245
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Can we start already? Who hasn't given their password to OctX?
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2004, 16:45   #246
predesad
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 08:54
my only reservation about adding to this tournament is the same point Rommel brought up -

Quote:
As it stands, we have to wait for all 4 first round games to finish before starting the final. I'll be suprised if we finish that before Civ4 is released. Since the whole tournement will move at the pace of the slowest first round game, I don't really want to have a fifth or sixth late-starting game added into the mix.
if we start a 5th or 6th 1st round game unless they get started quickly we be waiting for them to finish to start 2nd round, and on down the line. Which is why i thought a 2nd tournament would be better. And who cares if we have 2, 3, or 4 touney's going at the same time, just start a new thread for each different tourney to avoid confusion.

i think everyone's getting impatient, i thought we were about to get started. do we all have our email's posted? whoever needs to pm passwords needs to do so. could we get a post about who has / has not pm'ed their password?

and surely this discussion about 5th, 6th game or second tourney is not holding up the game, because we could be playing while trying to iron this out.

whoever is holding up the game please do what you have to do so we can go.

if the delay is on Octavian X (making maps or whatever) please disregard because we all deeply appreciate the work you are doing, in fact, you just take your good sweet time if you need to.

oh, & that replacement thing is a good idea, unless it is a temporary replacement, we should be able to get temporary replacements at any point in the game IMHO.
predesad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2004, 16:54   #247
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 10:54
I've PM'ed my Password to OctX. I'm ready to go.

Lets get the games that are already setup going. If we add other people, they can go to other first round games (same as us). I like what SR says, let them join until the first games get to AD.

We can figure out how we do a second round AFTER we get this one started. Time is Flying and I'm not....

E_T
E_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2004, 16:58   #248
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by predesad
oh, & that replacement thing is a good idea, unless it is a temporary replacement, we should be able to get temporary replacements at any point in the game IMHO.
I concur with Predesad. I myself, have filled in as a temporary player in other PBEM games due to another player's few weeks of absence. There were no problems and more importantly, it kept the game moving.
Old January 12, 2004, 05:47   #249
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 23:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
I too vote Yes to Cerberus' replacement suggestion.

Add more people to this tournament - Yes (but up to when it actually starts).

Second Tournament - No.

as stated...
Old January 12, 2004, 19:47   #250
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Let's see...

I've yet to recieve passwords from rogerub and Tarquinias. In 24 hours or so, we'll consider them out, and we'll use some of our volunteers for a fifth game as replacments for them.

That said, I'm starting Games 3 and 4 now. In a moment, I'll load C3C up, patched to 1.12, enter in the passwords, and let the chaos begin.
Old January 12, 2004, 20:06   #251
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

*BigFree goes running around the forums saying "I'm in game 4! I'm in game 4!"

I'm ready. Let the games begin!
Old January 12, 2004, 20:17   #252
Harovan
staff

Don't forget to change the turn order in game 4 to a straight east to west flow.
Old January 12, 2004, 20:32   #253
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Wittlich and BigFree, there should be a nice present in your inboxes.

As a reminder, here are the e-mails for the people and Game 3 and 4:

Game 3:
Wittlich (GMT - 8) wittlich AT sbcglobal DOT net
smellymummy (GMT - 7) sm AT inethighway DOT com
notyoueither (GMT - 7) notyoueither AT hotmail DOT com
CerberusIV (GMT) CerberusIVciv3 AT aol DOT com

Game 4:
BigFree (GMT - 8) bigfree1 AT comcast DOT net
Sir Ralph (GMT + 1) sirralph AT gmx DOT com
E_T () royparrish AT earthlink DOT net
Paddy the Scot (GMT + 11) paddythescot AT hotmail DOT com

If you find any problems, please feel free to report them to me either privately or over PM.

That said, let the games begin!
Old January 12, 2004, 20:36   #254
Octavian X
King

Sir Ralph, the change was made. Now, unless I've somehow messed this up again, the turn order should be:
BigFree
E_T
Sir Ralph
Paddy the Scot
Old January 12, 2004, 20:52   #255
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 10:54
When did we decide on the Beta Patch?

E_T
E_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2004, 20:58   #256
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Is there still room to join?

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2004, 20:58   #257
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:54
Sign me up. EST (GMT -5). I may be gone from this coming Thursday through Sunday, just a warning ahead of time.
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2004, 21:27   #258
SirOsis
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Not sure how I missed this thread but I'd like to join in the chaos. sirosis@hotmail.com
SirOsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2004, 21:29   #259
predesad
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Quote:
*BigFree goes running around the forums saying "I'm in game 4! I'm in game 4!"
predesad stomps through forums, pulling out his hair and muttering, "I'm in game 1! I'm in game 1! Why?! Why?!"

predesad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2004, 21:31   #260
BigFree
Deity

Sure...now EVERYONE wants to get in on it...

I guess you might have enough for game 5 now.
Old January 12, 2004, 22:28   #261
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Still haven't received the save yet. Octavian, can you please resend? Thanks.
Old January 12, 2004, 23:58   #262
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 23:54
This is looking to be a GRANDE TOURNAMENT....

I am glad so many want to be involved, and that we can get them in while we are still getting it going
Old January 13, 2004, 04:24   #263
Trampler.se
Settler

I could join in too

Even though I haven't posted much to this forum, I have successfully played many PBEM games at CGN and CFC.

Plus I am able to (usually) beat Deity level in PtW. Haven't yet tried Sid though So dont let newbie status fool you I hope there's still room to join.

Trampler
Trampler.se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 04:31   #264
Trampler.se
Settler

I see that you also give mail and time information here, so: trampler_civ3 AT yahoo DOT com and GMT +1 (most of the time)
Trampler.se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 05:22   #265
BigFree
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Trampler.se

Plus I am able to (usually) beat Deity level in PtW. Trampler
Uhhh...We don't want you here in this tournament then. This tournament is for "rookies" only.
Old January 13, 2004, 07:05   #266
Harovan
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
Sir Ralph, the change was made. Now, unless I've somehow messed this up again, the turn order should be:
BigFree
E_T
Sir Ralph
Paddy the Scot
That's west-to-east and yet a lot worse than it was.
Old January 13, 2004, 08:07   #267
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 16:54
I'll update the first post later, to include the new players... sounds like we'll have a 5th game... maybe even a 6th game
Old January 13, 2004, 09:19   #268
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Game 5? Can i sign up for Game 6 since it appears 1 and 2 have been cancelled?
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 09:31   #269
Harovan
staff

If you want you can have my slot in game 4.
Old January 13, 2004, 09:41   #270
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
If you want you can have my slot in game 4.
What happened to game 4?

Please don't quit, Sir Ralph. Your on my "Gold List" of PBEM players that quickly and effeciently keep the PBEM going.
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote