View Poll Results: Who should we vote for in the Planetary Council?
The Hive 2 66.67%
The Data Angels 0 0%
Cybobanana 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 20, 2003, 20:51   #1
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 14:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Planetary Council
The Hive have called it. How do we vote? I presume for the Hive, but it is an important issue, so I though polling it was in order

Who should we vote for, The Hive or The Drones?

Here are the votes each faction has:
  • Hive: 61
  • University: 30
  • Believers: 37
  • Cycon: 23
  • Peace: 33
  • Drones: 49
  • Data Angels: 43

Miriam and Roze have abstained.

So, voting for The Hive there is:
The Hive (61)

Voting for the Drones there is:

In the maybe camp there is:
PUT (probable Abstain)
PEACE (Either Hive or Abstain)
The Drones (Maybe Hive, according to HongHu)

Therefore, if we vote for the Hive they will get in. If we vote for the Drones they could get in, but still doubtful. If we abstain the Hive almost certainly get in.

IMHO we have but one option. Vote Hive. They're by far the friendlier of the two towards us, and will almost certainly win either way. Even the faction they're running against may vote for them!

Please consider the Angels option as the Drones, and Cybobanana is Abstain. You have 3 days.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Drogue; December 20, 2003 at 22:24.
Old December 20, 2003, 20:57   #2
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I voted for. It may give them much power, but we need this alliance. They may not win either, since we're not sure they have the votes if PUT, PEACE, Angels and Believers vote against.

Old December 20, 2003, 21:06   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 16:57
Hmmm, Kody called the council while there hasn't been any agreement with us concerning votes. This reminds me of PEACE forcing a deal on us the last minute...
Though I of course appreciate the three years of infiltrator information they have given us, and though I am certainly willing to return the favour in some form, we have clearly told them a while back that we were no longer willing to vote for them in the Planetary Council in return for PEACE infiltration for only the couple of years we didn't have infiltration ourselves. Thus hopefully we can reach some other deal in time, but if not, I'd vote "Abstain". That option isn't included in the poll unfortunately.
Old December 20, 2003, 21:47   #4
Drogue
staff

Maniac: Cybobanana is abstain. I presumed we would vote for our pactmates, and that no agreement was needed. What should I ask for?

Old December 20, 2003, 22:14   #5
Drogue
staff

Change of plan. It is Hive vs Drones. The Hive will win, either way. Miriam and Roze abstained, PUT may well do, PEACE they're not sure about and The Drones may even vote Hive. Looks like Hive win it either way.

Old December 20, 2003, 22:37   #6
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

How can they know already about the AIs? Or are they guessing?
Anyway, this makes the question if we should ask anything more or less pointless I guess.
Old December 20, 2003, 22:46   #7
Drogue
staff

When you call the council it shows AI votes. By normal PBEM rules everyone should then declare who they're voting for, IIRC.

Old December 21, 2003, 10:31   #8
Maniac

Ah yes of course. It's been quite a while since I played a PBEM.
Old December 21, 2003, 10:41   #9
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 07:57
I see this is why the Hive has called Council on this turn without getting any kind of reashurace from us. Its a Lock for them or the Drones so they have nothing to losse.

I say we go for the Hive as it is now mearly a gesture.

We could contact the Drones and ask them of their agreement with the Hive on this issue. Have they agreed to stand asside for the Hive, shall they alternate Govenorships (we would be willing to support such an aragment if so). Will voting for the Hive be seen as hostile by the Drones ect ect...

Just to see what they say about it.

If theirs no response, a vauge response or a "yes vote for them" then ahead with Hive. If they say something unexpected then we likly go with the Hive but express to them the fact that we know we are doing them a BIG favor and expect compensation. If the Drones are supporting Hive then we are rather irrelivent and cant expect to get much if we didn't swing the election in their favor.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old December 21, 2003, 11:52   #10
Drogue
staff

I agree. I will draft a message to Buster regarding this, and post inthe Drone Dip Exchanges thread.

Old December 21, 2003, 12:42   #11
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

INFACT

If the Drones support the Hive then the Hive wins regardless and we could Abstain or vote Drone so as to conseal our aliance with the Hive from the University (though Pacting with the Hive might still raise their suspicions a lot).

We would want to get an Ok from the Hive before doing something like that though. Sugjest one of you contact HongHu and discuss this or post the idea on the Hive/CC com link.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old December 23, 2003, 08:28   #12
Impaler[WrG]
King

Uni has voted for Drones.

We should conduct comunications with the Hive and Drones before desiding who we vote for. Our vote may be more valuable then we previously suspected.

Recomend we do NOT do as Drouge sugjest and imediatly open turn and vote Hive.
Old December 23, 2003, 08:37   #13
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 02:57
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
Uni has voted for Drones.

We should conduct comunications with the Hive and Drones before desiding who we vote for. Our vote may be more valuable then we previously suspected.

Recomend we do NOT do as Drouge sugjest and imediatly open turn and vote Hive.
This I certainly agree with, and I don;t mind holding the save for a while. We may have to examine options if we do not hear a response or two in time though.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old December 23, 2003, 08:59   #14
Impaler[WrG]
King

I have posted on the Hive/CC Comlink and asked the Hives position on the issue. I fully support doing what ever the Hive asks for. If they wish us to just vote for them then by all means do so. If they like the idea of us abstaining then we can do that with their consent.

Perhaps we should also contact the Drones and see what they say. Has any messages been sent to the Drones? *looks at Drouge*
Old December 23, 2003, 18:16   #15
Drogue
staff

I haven't. Would you like me to. I'm not sure it will make a difference but I will if asked.

Old December 23, 2003, 18:30   #16
Maniac

I contacted the Drones a few hours ago. Buster replied already. They're going to vote for themselves. This means Kody is either lying to us in the VoyForum, or isn't aware of the drones' position.
Together with the recent info that Kody is anti-CyCon and pro-Drone and doesn't intend to permapact with us but with the Drones instead, the only thing I can conclude is that I haven't got a clue what the actual Hive-Drone relationship is...
Also, if the Drones will vote for themselves, they could get the governorship if they had our votes. Odd then that they didn't ask for them. Should they somehow have the votes of PEACE in the pocket?

Last edited by Maniac; December 27, 2003 at 21:43.
Old December 23, 2003, 18:59   #17
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Hmm....I'm not trying to hint at anything. At all.

In other news, perhaps the reason the Hive forum is deserted is because everyone is talking on MSN.
Old December 23, 2003, 20:43   #18
Drogue
staff

The Hive seems to think that PEACE is voting for them.

Maniac: That is privy information. HongHu told us in confidence that. I have yet to speak to Kody or the others about it. I have an idea. We lead all in the arms tech race. Why not use techsteal and get some more bases. If The Hive are going to do us over, let's take them out. Take out PEACE. Then talk to Archaic and see if they hate the Hive as much as the Hive hates them. If so, try and take out the Hive. If we do that, we don't want them to be Governors.

However the Drones could be lying in order for the Hive to get more votes. If the Hive wins and they cross us, they will win overall. If they don't win and cross us, we have a chance with a PUT alliance.

Old December 24, 2003, 00:06   #19
Impaler[WrG]
King

The Drones supporting themselves is what I would do if I were them.

I want us to play Hive/Drones/Uni against each other. And at this point I think we want Drones to take the Govenorship rather then the Hive.

To help that happen we should make our Declaration of war BEFORE we post the turn. This will assure that PEACE knows we are attacking them. When they see us voting for Hive and Pacting with them they will likly vote Drones, which will give the Drones the Govenorship. Drone Tecnology is not much of a threat as they are Dirt Clods compared to us. We could also abstain but this is much riskier, it could actualy incresse the Hives chances of Being elected and it is in direct volation of their requests. Kodys assertion that we vote Hive may have been a fatal mistake on his part.

We might want to inform the University of the Hives plans to Probe Rape them when we send this Treaty offer. Also we should PACT the drones asap. Sugjest we send them an offer pre-accpeted this turn.
Old December 24, 2003, 03:14   #20
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Whatever you do, I can assure you:

If Cycon does not vote for the glorious Cybobanana, CyCon will be destroyed.
Old June 14, 2004, 05:34   #21
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 00:57
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Hmmm, Kody called the council while there hasn't been any agreement with us concerning votes. This reminds me of PEACE forcing a deal on us the last minute...
Though I of course appreciate the three years of infiltrator information they have given us, and though I am certainly willing to return the favour in some form, we have clearly told them a while back that we were no longer willing to vote for them in the Planetary Council in return for PEACE infiltration for only the couple of years we didn't have infiltration ourselves. Thus hopefully we can reach some other deal in time, but if not, I'd vote "Abstain". That option isn't included in the poll unfortunately.
Either way it didn't matter too much.

Quote:
I contacted the Drones a few hours ago. Buster replied already. They're going to vote for themselves. This means Kody is either lying to us in the VoyForum, or isn't aware of the drones' position.
Together with the recent info that Kody is anti-CyCon and pro-Drone and doesn't intend to permapact with us but with the Drones instead, the only thing I can conclude is that I haven't got a clue what the actual Hive-Drone relationship is...
Also, if the Drones will vote for themselves, they could get the governorship if they had our votes. Odd then that they didn't ask for them. Should they somehow have the votes of PEACE in the pocket?
I wasn't anti-cycon, I was anti-backstab.

Drones said they might vote for themselves. I had the official stance that Hive wanted to win the election. However, I personally wanted the Drones to win. Drones would actually make use of the infiltration information whereas the Hive was pretty inactive and wouldn't make any use of it.

The drone permi-pact was already sealed a long time ago. It was sealed before we met the Cycon.

Quote:
Kodys assertion that we vote Hive may have been a fatal mistake on his part.
Actually I was diplomatically required to do so. Otherwise my faction would lynch me.