Old December 24, 2003, 09:37   #61
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 02:00
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Which is why I wanted a small number of people who had no life.
Old December 24, 2003, 10:06   #62
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 16:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I haven't voted yet because I was out of city both yesterday and the day before, as I noticed in the Sign-up thread

I vote for rah as the Mafia guy.
Old December 25, 2003, 01:14   #63
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Which is why I wanted a small number of people who had no life.
Why couldn't one of us have been female.
Old December 25, 2003, 22:07   #64
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 09:00
can I still vote

Zopperoni

Jon Millrt
Old December 25, 2003, 22:10   #65
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

I would like to change it to

GhengisFarb

HJib /nuklker
Old December 25, 2003, 22:24   #66
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Still needing votes from:

Frozzy
Jamski

Vote totals through Jon Miller:

Zopperoni: 5
GhengisFarb: 4
Rah: 3
Sandman: 2
SpacedCowboy: 1

A very close one. What do we do if there's a tie?
Old December 25, 2003, 22:32   #67
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

The GM flips a coin and kills one of them. If one of them happens to be the mafia, then the GM will always kill the other person.
Old December 26, 2003, 05:02   #68
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 18:00
So, basically, they're both dead, since if the GM will chose one, we'll surely suspect the other for being the Mafia, and kill him next round.
Old December 26, 2003, 05:14   #69
Skanky Burns

The plan (that we used only once in the only game we won) was to have 3 top suspects. We put the first two up against each other in a tie. One dies. The next round we put the next two up against each other in a tie. This way we guarantee we don't kill the mafia during the first two rounds where the mafia job will be given to another villager should he die. Then round 3 will kill our top suspect and so on.

So yeah, round 3 we start killing those who were spared previous rounds.
Old December 26, 2003, 11:41   #70
Ljube
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I hold the patent on the plan described above!
Old December 26, 2003, 13:44   #71
Az
Emperor

What do you mean "another villager will be given the mafia job"?

The mafia job moves throughout the game? I didn't know this.
Old December 26, 2003, 18:27   #72
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Local Time: 10:00
Hmm, missed a few days, but didn't really miss anything.
Old December 26, 2003, 20:10   #73
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 15:00
Someone PM Frozzy and Jamski. I don't think Jamski's been on lately though, haven't seen him on MSN. Maybe away for hols?

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old December 26, 2003, 23:31   #74
MattH
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
What do you mean "another villager will be given the mafia job"?

The mafia job moves throughout the game? I didn't know this.
IIRC, if the mafia is killed in the first 3 rounds he is replaced. After that, it's game on.
Old December 27, 2003, 00:19   #75
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

List updated.
Since the voting is as close as it is, I'll wait a little longer, however, the next time I get online (aprox 10h.), execution will happen.
Old December 27, 2003, 03:40   #76
Zopperoni
Age of Nations TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

O, bugger

Don Zopperoni
Old December 27, 2003, 10:37   #77
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I'm back.... ah Xmas

Ok, I'm voting for RAH

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 27, 2003, 11:54   #78
alva
Deity

Chapter 1.2 – Day in Polytown – late afternoon – The vote!

The whole village gathered on the main square in front of the town-hall to hear the mayor speak. Rah knew he had the give the villagers what they were asking for, immediate execution of him or her who got the most votes. Everyone had cast theirs earlier during the day and now the mayor was going to announce the name of the poor sod.
Skanky stood right beside the mayor but wished he wasn’t, the whole affair filled him with disgust. He had raised the topic on several occasions but Rah kept ducking the issue at hand, all he needed to justify his actions was the fact that he thought he was Gods gift to this town and that the town was better off with him as a mayor, nothing else mattered as far as he was concerned.

Finally the moment had come to proclaim the result, The mayor looked at the paper and for one small brief moment, the chief thought he saw what could be described as a sparkle of a tear in Rah’s eyes, he thought about it for a brief second then dismissed it and contributed it to the ice cold north-east wind.
Rah took a deep breath and started reading the result out loud, they’re were several pages, mostly filled with both legal and religious gibberish, everyone heard the words but no-one was really listening until Rah’s tone started to change….
He spoke a couple of comforting words about how he would make sure the family of the accused would be taken care off and that he never expected it to be him, a friend going so far back as kindergarten…did it really had to be him….
There was a long pause and as the audience started to look at each other wondering what was going on, the mayor took yet another long deep breath and with a loud insane voice he yelled;
Burn him! Burn the heathen that is Zopperoni! In the name of God and the law, burn him.
And so Zopperoni’s faith was decided. May he rest in peace. The chief somehow suspected this would not be the end of this story…

Killed by villagers : Zopperoni

Night has started!!!

Last edited by alva; December 27, 2003 at 12:20.
Old December 27, 2003, 11:58   #79
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I have to get a subscription to the Apolyton Village Times. Great stuff Alva!

BTW, isn't your Muttersprache German? Double well done

-Jam
Old December 27, 2003, 12:14   #80
alva
Deity

Game on.

Mafia 5
--- Round 2 ---
Player; Status;Who? Voted;
1. Skanky Burns AliveNaAzazel
2. Vlad AntlerkovAliveNaFrozzy
3. DrogueAliveNaFrozzy
4. FrozzyAliveNaNo
5. Pave AliveNaNo
6. Kassiopeia AliveNaFrozzy
7. flipsideDeadMafiaNa
8. MattHAliveNaAzazel
9. GhengisFarbAliveNaNo
10. SpacedCowboyAliveNaAzazel
11. Azazel AliveNaFrozzy
12. Zopperoni DeadVillagersNa
13. ADGAliveNaAzazel
14. Sandman AliveNaAzazel
15. yaroslavDeadMafiaNa
16. Jamski AliveNaFrozzy
17. Jon MillerAliveNaNo
18. RahAliveNaAzazel
---- Total votes ----

Frozzy
Azazel

- 5 -
- 6 -

GM=alva
Na=Not applicable

Last edited by alva; December 28, 2003 at 01:08.
Old December 27, 2003, 12:34   #81
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I now vote MattH as the mafia guy.
Old December 27, 2003, 13:01   #82
alva
Deity

Night in Polytown

What a day it has been! The town had simply gone into shock, never had such a thing happened in Polytown! Never!!!
What the hell is happening to this otherwise so peaceful village?

He emptied the second bottle of wine and brought the glass to his lips, the chief wasn't known for drinking, he liked a beer as much as the next person but he always drank in moderation, except for tonight that was.
He figured he deserved it, if only to try and forget as much as possible about the worst day in his long carrier as Polytown's chief.
He promised himself not to open another one, two really was enough. Ah, he really should get some sleep, it had been a very long day and from the looks of it, tomorrow wasn't going to be any better.
It's not that he didn't try to get some sleep; he had already tried for more then two hours lying in his bed.
All he could do though was thinking about flipside and the terrible look on his face. The chief's mind surely was a mess.
So he had gotten back up and had opened another bottle, and that one was now empty too.
He decided to do another round, some fresh air might clear his mind a little although he had very little hope of this happening, yet it couldn't hurt to check all the houses, see if the doors were locked, what else and what more could he do? He put on his coat and took his gun, that before today he hadn't worn ever since he they had given to him when he became a police-man.
He even had to search long for the bullets, yet he figured that he might need it now.
The mayor was very optimistic that what happened to the baker was a one off, Rah had said that the baker probably got into some trouble after his wife had left him but Skanky wasn't convinced, this had all the marks off being the first in a series of many. How right he would be...

The chief walked passed the local pub which not surprisingly had been very busy today, a cynical mind might even say, that the warden was perhaps the only in town who welcomed the mafia.
All day long Azazel had been serving all kinds of drinks and meals. He even asked Jon Miller, the local brewer to help out, after all, it was in Jon Miller's best interest too to sell as much beer as possible.
Looking at the grin on Azazels face, they were, they certainly were.
It was obvious he had to refrain from laughing and that he constantly needed to remind himself to look sullen.
All was quiet... Skanky was really getting tired now and thought that it was best to go home and get some rest, in any case, the wine was starting to work and he really needed to make a pit-stop. He was still quite a way from home though, in fact he was at the other side of town and a little to far away for comfort.
He decided to do his business behind the church, praying the vicar wouldn't catch him.
Vicar Tassadar was a very religious man and very!!! protective of his church and would not think lightly about what Skanky was about to do, not even under today's circumstances.
The chief quietly continued around the church, the moon was giving ample light, but as he was about to make the last step, a cloud blocked any light coming through. The chief stumbled over what he thought was a root of the great old oak, but now that the moon was back he could see that it was not. His heart started to pump faster and harder and the salted sweat along with the penetrating stench of alcohol started to ooze out from his skin. What that what he thought it was? It can't be..., please, let me be wrong! Skanky knew he wasn't though, he knew as soon as he saw the object. The mafia had struck again! From the look on his face Yaroslav did not seem to have suffered as much as the baker, for which Skanky was thankful. It looked as if Yaroslav was strangled; a couple of marks on his neck were a good indication that was what had happened here. The chief was curious to see what Rah was going to tell the villagers now, to put them at ease, well Skanky was going to find out soon enough and knew that he wouldn¡¦t get any sleep this night. Hopefully he will tomorrow.

It is now day...

(killed: Yaroslav )

PS: Note that the names of anyone who figures in these episodes are not meant as indications as to who could or couldn¡¦t be the mafia. They are just used as flavour.
I thought this would be obvious, but seeing no-one voted for Skanky in the last round, I thought I might make this very clear.
Old December 27, 2003, 13:03   #83
alva
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
I now vote MattH as the mafia guy.
Confucius say : Voting no be easy with rope tightly 'round neck.
Old December 27, 2003, 13:24   #84
Az
Emperor

Quote:
All day long Azazel had been serving all kinds of drinks and meals. He even asked Jon Miller, the local brewer to help out, after all, it was in Jon Miller's best interest too to sell as much beer as possible.
Looking at the grin on Azazels face, they were, they certainly were.
It was obvious he had to refrain from laughing and that he constantly needed to remind himself to look sullen.
Hey! I resent that!
Old December 27, 2003, 13:28   #85
MattH
King

Aaagh! I't not me!
Azazel must have done it after getting everyone sleepy and drunk.
Old December 27, 2003, 13:36   #86
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

I vote Frozzy for being a lazy bum.
Old December 27, 2003, 13:47   #87
Az
Emperor

hmm.... Frozzy, yep. I don't see him in alva's story. he was probably busy killing yaroslav.
Frozzy
Old December 27, 2003, 13:51   #88
Jamski
Deity

I have to say dog-piling Frozzy looks attractive. Where was he when we were all drinking together?

-Jam
Old December 27, 2003, 14:47   #89
alva
Deity

Quote:
Hey! I resent that!
Originally you were a pimp, so I think you got off lightly.
-
Votes updated.
Old December 27, 2003, 15:17   #90
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Azazel is the mafia... it's time to stop the killins