Old December 22, 2003, 23:03   #1
blackice
Emperor

Local Time: 10:02
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Battles to see their kids this Christmas
Link

Quote:
THOUSANDS of distraught dads have flooded The Sun with tales of their desperate battles to see their kids this Christmas.

Yesterday Sir Bob Geldof kicked off The Sun’s Justice For Dads campaign when he told of his past pain at having to spend festive seasons without his children.

His moving words struck a chord with other lonely dads who have only “access” to their kids after separation – or no contact at all.

Up to four in ten dads lose contact with their kids within two years of separating from their wives.

Now The Sun and other campaigners want fathers to be given equal rights.

Here MARTIN PHILLIPS reveals two of the most moving stories from fathers banned from seeing their sons and daughters.

Names have been changed to protect the identity of the children.
CHRISTMAS, this year, will bring only tears and misery for dad John Evans.

His four-year-old daughter may receive a visit from Father Christmas, but her real father cannot go anywhere near her.

John, 33, is not even allowed to send his little girl a Christmas card.

A court has banned him from having any contact with his only child in case it depresses her mother, who now hates her ex-partner so much she will not even let her daughter see his photograph.

John has not seen his child since November 2001. He no longer knows what she looks like and has never heard her talk.

And there is little prospect of him seeing her before she is 16.

The Child Support Agency makes him pay £300 a month to his ex for the daughter he is not allowed to know.

Computer engineer John said: “I am happy to pay for my daughter. I want to play an active part in her upbringing but have been cut out of her life.

"On her fourth birthday I couldn’t even send her a birthday card. This Christmas is going to be torture for me.”

John met Maria in 1998 after she advertised in the personal column of an Essex newspaper.

Within three months they were living together.

But their relationship soured after she became pregnant that same year.

By the time of the birth, they were getting on better and he was present when his daughter was born.

He said: “I was over the moon. She is still the best thing in my life.”

But the rows got worse and he eventually walked out on them. When he went back to talk to his partner, police officers outside the house said there had been a complaint of harassment.

As an unmarried father, he had few rights. Only since December 1 have unmarried fathers qualified for equal Parental Responsibility.

The legal change means they are now treated in law as the child’s parent and take equal responsibility — provided they went to register the baby’s birth with the mother.

John had to spend £600 on solicitors to get an interim court order giving him access to his daughter two Saturdays a month at a contact centre in Colchester.

John said: “They are soulless places. As a father you feel like a criminal being allowed a prison visit.”

Maria became abusive during the visits and once tried to rip the film out of his camera, though he did manage to get one photo of his daughter, which he now treasures.
I wish them all well and hope the best for thier children who have been ripped away from thier flesh and blood fathers.

Expect more traffic delays in the comming weeks...
“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
Or do we?
Old December 22, 2003, 23:06   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 15:02
Is it just me or are you always posting an "OPRESSED MEN!!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!!" article?
Old December 22, 2003, 23:24   #3
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:02
blackice is to estranged fathers what Mr Fun is to gay men.

Re the article, its a shame. Not much more I can say about it.
Old December 22, 2003, 23:31   #4
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 08:02
It just wouldn't be christmas without a blacktide women are evil thread.
Old December 23, 2003, 00:22   #5
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Crunch

Re the article, its a shame. Not much more I can say about it.
Yeah -- I create a thread about issues that concern homosexuals once or twice every two months.

Old December 23, 2003, 00:46   #6
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

whoops. I mean blackice not blacktide.

Although, is there really a difference? I'm certain they are both DL's of the same poster.
Old December 24, 2003, 21:02   #7
blackice
Emperor

Dissident where does it say women are evil? I suppose You fella's simply do not care millions of kids will be fatherless this year but I do.

You see comments like women are evil is a nice way to avoid reality. Kids are suffering It amazes me how none of you simpltons pay any attention to that same message I have been posting.

You seem to think it is ok for this to happen and a poster like me is simply suppose to avoid posting about it. Heh good luck, for as long as men are given life sentences away from thier children and children are deprived of thier fathers I will continue to keep the community posted about this huge tragedy.

Find me another horror that rivals this, world hunger is one that too involves children suffering on at least the same scale if not more...

This is not a small issue this is world wide millions of kids will not have the father in thier life at christmas.

Ok now smack yourselves up side of the head and all together say " oh I get it"...
“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
Or do we?
Old December 24, 2003, 21:14   #8
Gatekeeper
Mac
King

Local Time: 09:02
It's true that there are fathers out there who are denied the right to see their children. But it's also true that there are women in similar circumstances.

Gatekeeper

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius
Old December 24, 2003, 21:17   #9
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Crunch
Blackice has sex with estranged fathers?
Old December 24, 2003, 21:25   #10
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 07:02

Mis Novias
Old December 26, 2003, 02:59   #11
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by blackice
Dissident where does it say women are evil? I suppose You fella's simply do not care millions of kids will be fatherless this year but I do.

You see comments like women are evil is a nice way to avoid reality. Kids are suffering It amazes me how none of you simpltons pay any attention to that same message I have been posting.

You seem to think it is ok for this to happen and a poster like me is simply suppose to avoid posting about it. Heh good luck, for as long as men are given life sentences away from thier children and children are deprived of thier fathers I will continue to keep the community posted about this huge tragedy.

Find me another horror that rivals this, world hunger is one that too involves children suffering on at least the same scale if not more...

This is not a small issue this is world wide millions of kids will not have the father in thier life at christmas.

Ok now smack yourselves up side of the head and all together say " oh I get it"...
There's really nothing we can do about it. The feminists have control of the country. I'm just along for the ride.