Old January 1, 2004, 18:42   #62
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 08:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by WarningU2
Thanks for those screen shots ... I have a stupid question now unrelated to bugs so please excuse this ... but your terrain for jungles look totally diffferent from mine and I not you have happy faces on the map. What is different here with your settings ? Just curious
In addition to Uber KruX's links to terrain graphics, here's a link to resources which add the smiley faces to luxuries and identifiers to strategic resources.

Catt
Catt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2004, 19:05   #63
WarningU2
DiploGamesCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4WDG People's Army of the Ladder
Warlord

Local Time: 11:03
THANK YOU ! Very much ... I had no idea these terrain mods existed. I thought initially when I saw the screen shots whoa ... I have a bad install.
WarningU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2, 2004, 00:03   #64
WarningU2
DiploGamesCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4WDG People's Army of the Ladder
Warlord

Irrigation bug ?
Well now that I am paying attention to the map and terrain ... I think I may have found a bug

Irrigation on grasslands (no shields) appears not to have an effect. Normally 2 food and should be 3 with irrigation however it doesn't apply the bonus.

I thought it might be the mod so I removed the irrigation*pcx files renamed the originals and tried again ... nope irrigation doesn't appear to provide a bonus on grasslands.

Can someone else verify this ?
Old January 2, 2004, 00:07   #65
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 10:03
/me sighs

are you in despotism? please refer to the civilopedia for the government types. you will note that in the civilopedia it states that despostism has a tile penality. any tile that produces more than 2 of anything loses 1. for example, 3 food turns to 2 food. 4 food turns to 3.
Old January 2, 2004, 02:53   #66
WarningU2
Warlord

You learn something every day ... yes I was in despotism. Someone else told me the same. So its not a bug.
Old January 2, 2004, 03:03   #67
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

NOw that you got that down, mine the sucker.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2, 2004, 07:48   #68
Tripledoc
ACDG The Human Hive
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:03
I have noted a that when you choose random opponents it is always all the American civilizations which are chosen as opponents (Americans, Iroqouis, Aztecs, Incas, and Mayans).

Cultural linked starting positions is turned on.

I would expect if you choose the Germans or the Osmans the random opponents would correspond with the cultural group, and not ALWAYS include all the American civs.
Tripledoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2, 2004, 07:59   #69
Kuciwalker
Deity

That's probably just a fluke of the RNG magnified by the linked start option. I've experienced many other combos.
Old January 2, 2004, 08:18   #70
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 17:03
i think i havn't had a game yet without both incas and aztecs in C3C... cultural linking is always off
Old January 2, 2004, 11:11   #71
Brundlefly
Prince

6 civs isolated on a continent. Everyone has contact with each other. Spain has Great Library. Germany the only one with Monotheism. I trade to get Monotheism from Germany. I'm then able to trade Monotheism to Spain. Why didn't Spain automatically get Monotheism when my trade with Germany happened?
Brundlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2, 2004, 11:17   #72
Brundlefly
Prince

There no longer is any civilopedia explanation within a Civilization Advance of what Wonders are cancelled by that advance. On Science Advisor screen you can see something crossed out in the small block for that advance but you cant determine from that little picture what wonder is being cancelled..
Old January 2, 2004, 11:36   #73
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by bfg9000
6 civs isolated on a continent. Everyone has contact with each other. Spain has Great Library. Germany the only one with Monotheism. I trade to get Monotheism from Germany. I'm then able to trade Monotheism to Spain. Why didn't Spain automatically get Monotheism when my trade with Germany happened?
spain would have got monotheism on the end of their next turn... you just exploited that fact
Old January 2, 2004, 13:34   #74
Brundlefly
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by sabrewolf

spain would have got monotheism on the end of their next turn... you just exploited that fact
That needs to be fixed. No excuse for that problem to occur..
Old January 2, 2004, 13:43   #75
sabrewolf
Emperor

agreed..
Old January 2, 2004, 19:55   #76
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

this game was started with conquests 1.0, and loaded @ 4000BC with the beta patched. just built the forbidden palace in Nicea, and the results piss me off to no end.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	60849  
Old January 2, 2004, 19:57   #77
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

edit: DP
Old January 2, 2004, 19:57   #78
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

the red dot on the minimap shows my palace location (moved about 15 turns ago)
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	60850  
Old January 3, 2004, 01:46   #79
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Yeah that is not helpful. It does have some positive impact for games that were pure 1.12.

FP city is 31/20
city next to FP 37/28 & 48/16

Big boost of 1.00, not anywhere what pre-C3C was.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2004, 05:10   #80
Tripledoc
ACDG The Human Hive
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:03
Build a courthouse and see what happens.
Tripledoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2004, 07:31   #81
furrykef
Warlord

Local Time: 09:03
A couple very minor bugs that have probably been around for a long time:

- When visiting the advisors on the first turn, sometimes the Science Advisor pops up and demands you select a tech before doing anything else, and sometimes he does not. I haven't found any consistency in this behavior. (This has been around since Vanilla Civ)

- Technically not a bug, but kind of weird: no research is conducted on the first turn unless you select a tech. What does this have to do with anything? Kind of silly to have a micromanagement element that applies only to the first turn.

- Not a bug, but something I'd like to see: sometimes when I'm not paying close attention, I have an unhappiness problem that springs up and goes unnoticed until the next turn when the city revolts. This happens most often when a city grows (overcrowding), so perhaps we can have an option that pops up a small message when a city grows. I'd suggest that there be some kind of "unhappiness warning", too, that shows that a city isn't in disorder yet but will be if you don't fix the situation by the next turn...though I think others would probably feel that it makes the problem too easy to detect, rather than encouraging you to check in with your advisor at the end of every turn or two...

- Bug I found just today: I had a RoP expire and the diplomacy window opened with the automatic renegotiation. We canceled the deal and I proceeded to propose a new one. However, it says "They Gave" and "We Gave" as though we were discussing the deal we were renegotiating, not the new deal I'm proposing. You don't use the past tense for something that hasn't happened yet!

By the way, I too notice that the American tribes seem to show up much too frequently when I pick random civs. I do use culturally linked starting locations, though. In the last game I played (normal map, 8 civ game), the Aztec, Maya, Inca, and Iroquois were all in the game! I also note that I usually have one or two American tribes as neighbors (in this case, Maya and Aztec), probably due to the culturally-linked starting locations...hmm.

- Kef
furrykef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2004, 08:00   #82
sabrewolf
Emperor

furrykef,

most of these things are on purpose, so that you can live without micromanagement (by using governors for mood), but if you have the will to micromanage, you get an advantage. i actually prefer it this way.

the RoP stuff shows you the earlier contract which you can renew (except if you are better off than 20 turns ago). as soon as you change something, the present tense comes.

and yes, with cultural linking on, you'll nearly always get your continent-sharing neighbors. if you play chinese, you'll usually see koreans, japanese, mongols, indians and persians.
Old January 3, 2004, 08:07   #83
furrykef
Warlord

One more bug I forgot to mention: one time I got a SGL (Isaac Newton for the English) and it wouldn't let me rush the Pyramids. I saved and reloaded, and suddenly I could rush the Pyramids. Odd.

Quote:
the RoP stuff shows you the earlier contract which you can renew (except if you are better off than 20 turns ago). as soon as you change something, the present tense comes.
Um, no, I was saying it SHOULD do that but it doesn't. It was using the past tense for a NEW deal I was negotiating, AFTER we agreed to drop the RoP.

Quote:
and yes, with cultural linking on, you'll nearly always get your continent-sharing neighbors. if you play chinese, you'll usually see koreans, japanese, mongols, indians and persians.
Last I checked, the Byzantines weren't in the Americas.

- Kef
Old January 3, 2004, 08:13   #84
furrykef
Warlord

Oh, and just to be clear, the science advisor thing I mentioned is definitely a bug. What I mean is he should either interrupt you all the time or none of the time, not just sometimes.

- Kef
furrykef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2004, 08:24   #85
sabrewolf
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by furrykef
Last I checked, the Byzantines weren't in the Americas.
- Kef
oops, i didn't see who you were playing and assumed it was an american civ. but - at a second glace - i still can't see it
Old January 3, 2004, 08:57   #86
furrykef
Warlord

I pick a random civ for myself; it doesn't matter who I end up with. This might have something to do with it, come to think of it...

- Kef
Old January 3, 2004, 15:09   #87
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

the science advisor will force you to pick a tech whenever you go into him the first time (ie, when you have no tech chosen). the rest of the game, a tech is chosen by default. it is not a bug.
Old January 3, 2004, 16:39   #88
smellymummy
King

Local Time: 07:03
i've been getting lots of crashes to desktop, always when i hit F3 (military advisor). this has been going on since i upgraded to the beta patch.

it doesnt seem to happen early on in the game, only when there seems to be lots of units to draw in both 'my civ' and the opponent civ (when you have a spy)

is anyone else experiencing this?

I also find the american civs showing up a lot in random games... it's rather anoying
smellymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2004, 18:06   #89
Kuciwalker
Deity

I just got a crash today, I'm not sure what caused it (I didn't hit F3, just in case you were wondering ) that said something like "draw buffer could not be allocated" or "could not allocate draw buffer" (it was generated by C3, I think, not Windows). This is in a game started under 1.12 beta.
Old January 3, 2004, 19:14   #90
sabrewolf
Emperor

oh well...
oh well... it looks like the FP corruption doesn't work either with games started and played with 1.12b!

at least i have some productivity (up from 4 to 8 shields with FP), better than uberkrux's case... but still sucky..

however, the neighboring city (4 tiles away) hasn't profited a single bit from the FP

pity pity... let's hope it's fixed properly in the coming mid-january-patch.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	proof fp not working.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	60917