Old December 29, 2003, 00:26   #31
JimmyCracksCorn
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
I tried to work up some sympathy for this kid. I tried, and after a good four or five seconds, I just couldn't, so I decided, **** it, the kid is lucky the sentence wasn't more severe than 30 months.
Yeah, Mike. You're cool because you're hardcore. Now instead of you being the miserable teenager, they're paying.
Old December 29, 2003, 00:38   #32
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 09:03
The thought that it was any different because it was a former President is a little sickening. What the hell is this? Just because he led the nation for four years, makes his boat suddenly of major importance compared to everyone else's? Didn't we have a revolution so we wouldn't have to treat our leaders as better?

But, something leaves me thinking that 30 months for arson is light. However, he's only 14, and they still gave him the maximum sentence. Perhaps it'd be better--because of his age only--to give him only a "taste" of this, like Mazarin said. Then once he comes back for another offense, THEN you can lock him up with Bubba, and throw away the key.
Old December 29, 2003, 00:47   #33
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 18:03
In here, under 15 year olds are not tried at all. The parents would have to pay for the damage and the kid would get to have few chats with social workers and that's it. Until of course it's obvious little talk isnot really enough, after all it's symptom of something, if nothing else then being a punk. Arson at the age of 14 of that magnitude, not to forget they were doing shady stuff there to begin with is a beginning of hard crime in later life. If it isn't stopped right there. Little talks with understanding social worker who believes in the good of humans and blame it on the parents type of thing.. leads you nowhere... I say every person who lost boat engines or property should have a word with the kid, inluding the president, and then he works until the debt is paid. One night in jail with a undercover cop in it, playing bubba but not actually penetrating will straighten the punk out, he thinks twice about crossing the line after that.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old December 29, 2003, 01:42   #34
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 05:03
Kill them. I still hopeMalvo will die...