Old December 25, 2003, 03:30   #61
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:04
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
What if you are just a very cold person generally?
eat some spicy food, or fatten up
Quote:
Or what if you like how it looks?
if you like the look of a dead animal, you have problems.
Quote:
Doesn't matter to me, no problem with people wearing furs at all.
well yeah, I mean, judging by your political views, you don't give half a **** about the suffering of your fellow man, why would you care about some dumb ass animals?

Old December 25, 2003, 03:31   #62
Harry Tuttle
SporeScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Re: Your Mommy Kills Animals!
Quote:
Originally posted by Verto
From our friends at PETA...

Aren't they lovely? Their website has loads of family fun!
If they approach you act really put out and then yell: "yeah, well, YOUR MOTHERS A WHORE!!!". Then proceed with a circular dance in addition to the screaming, maybe with some hand waving, and then run screaming off into a crowd...
Old December 25, 2003, 03:32   #63
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 11:04
Quote:
eat some spicy food, or fatten up
And then you say the government should get out people's lives...

Quote:
if you like the look of a dead animal, you have problems.
Why? You have people that like the looks of live animals. What is the big deal with liking how a stuffed bear rug or a fur looks?

And how many furs LOOK like a dead animal? Hardly any!

Quote:
why would you care about some dumb ass animals?
That's right, I don't . Free our furs!
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old December 25, 2003, 03:36   #64
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
And then you say the government should get out people's lives...
I never said the government should do anything about it...
Quote:
Why? You have people that like the looks of live animals. What is the big deal with liking how a stuffed bear rug or a fur looks?
I dunno... people like having sex with live people... but yet having sex with dead people is frowned upon, don't you think? are you saying necrophilia should be socially acceptable?
Quote:
And how many furs LOOK like a dead animal? Hardly any!
uhmmm all of them... just because you don't see a mink's dead ass head doesn't mean the rest of the fur doesn't look like it.

Quote:
That's right, I don't . Free our furs!
at least you are honest... that's why I like you imran... I may disagree with you, but you arne't much of a hypocrit, and you aren't a ***** when it comes to defending yoru views.
Old December 25, 2003, 03:43   #65
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
are you saying necrophilia should be socially acceptable?
Hey, if the dead person's family doesn't give a ****, I don't see why I should .

Quote:
uhmmm all of them... just because you don't see a mink's dead ass head doesn't mean the rest of the fur doesn't look like it.
So are you saying that your belt looks like a dead cow? A fur coat doesn't look like a dead animal. It looks like a ****ing coat!

Of course the first coats (like before Roman times), were basically just dead animals with the guts cut out.

Quote:
at least you are honest... that's why I like you imran... I may disagree with you, but you arne't much of a hypocrit, and you aren't a ***** when it comes to defending yoru views.
I'm a hypocrit only when it suits me .

And this saving animals crap mainly bothers me because it usually ain't ALL animals, but the cute ones. No cares about killing cows. But start talking about eating horse meat or killing a cat and eating its meat and people start yelling at you and walking out of the room (not that I've done this, mind ). It's such a silly line... basically cute animals get saved. Non-cute ones can get killed with impunity.

Screw that... all animals should have an equal right to be killed, as long as they are not owned by anyone else .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Old December 25, 2003, 03:49   #66
Sikander
King

Local Time: 08:04
Quote:
Originally posted by Osweld

Hunters like the smell of decaying flesh.
Then how come they don't like you?
Old December 25, 2003, 03:55   #67
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
Screw that... all animals should have an equal right to be killed, as long as they are not owned by anyone else
oh, so the wisdom and morality of egaltarianism exists in you after all? but only when it comes to the indiscriminant slaughter of animals...

**** that, I'm for equal opprotunity, not true egaltarianism.. you ****ign commie

plus, cuteness DOES matter... why do you think we have cats and dogs as pets and not duck-billed platapusses or possums? BECAUSE THEY ARE CUTE!

**** cows, they are ugly... I'm not so sadistics that I dont' care about their suffering. ****, I think we should try to make animals relatively comfortable if we a re going to slaughter them and eat them.

And I am more of a functionalist... that's why I say only kill the animals and **** if you are going to use every little bit. That's why I love hot dogs.

We should try to minimize animal slaughter. Let's start by useless ****ign fur coats. Sure, they may be warm. But there are 8 million other types of material that we can use.

plus, that cute bullshit really isn't why I hate fur... I don't like minks or whatever furs are mainly made out of. I think furs is barbaric and looks too much like a dead animal. Leather doesn't look like a cow. but fur, unmistakably and obviously comes from an animal.
Old December 25, 2003, 03:56   #68
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

oh yeah... and hunting for sport is despicable... and most of those hunters are pussies. How about killing an animal with your bear hands you pussies. What is the point of hunting an animal with guns and bows and **** if you aren't doing it for survival?

I guess some people don't want to admit they are sick, sadistic murdering ****s.
Old December 25, 2003, 04:00   #69
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
plus, cuteness DOES matter... why do you think we have cats and dogs as pets and not duck-billed platapusses or possums? BECAUSE THEY ARE CUTE!
Bah, discrimination on looks.

Quote:
Let's start by useless ****ign fur coats. Sure, they may be warm. But there are 8 million other types of material that we can use.
But they want fur. They get fur .

Quote:
hunting for sport is despicable... and most of those hunters are pussies. How about killing an animal with your bear hands you pussies. What is the point of hunting an animal with guns and bows and **** if you aren't doing it for survival?
To eat it? I got no problem with hunting either. Animals in the wild kill other animals, what is the problem with man killing other animals... using its inate abilities (reasoning, which leads to technology). What you gonna tell animals to not use rocks or whatever to kill other animals?
Old December 25, 2003, 04:17   #70
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Sava -
Quote:
but compared to nuclear bombs, no other animal comes close to being the killer human beings are.
If animal predators could make a bomb, I see no proof they wouldn't use it to eliminate competitors. Hell, many not only kill the offspring of competitors, they kill the offspring of their mate so they can get her into heat faster. And some critters are quite prolific at killing en masse, like when termite and ant colonies go after each other. But with humanity's ability to kill more effectively, humans also show more compassion for not only each other but other species. I suspect these "extremes" are a consequence of increased intelligence which any predator would display with a comparable thinking capacity.

Quote:
yes I am... but I'm not stuck in some hypocritical moralist wet dream believing humans are good... sure, some people can be good... but they are outliers.
But you're stuck in a "moralist wet dream" when lecturing us right wingers about ideology. You acknowledge that you're evil only to argue that we should accept your ideology.
Old December 25, 2003, 04:18   #71
self biased
staff
Civilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Civilization V News Editor

Quote:
originally posted by wraith
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
:lauhgs: normally i find the taglines a teensy bit pretentious, but this is hillarious. maybe peta would condone cannabalism?

oh and **** a B. it's got two holes. or a Q. it's got that little french tickler thing.
Old December 25, 2003, 04:23   #72
Berzerker
Emperor

Quote:
oh yeah... and hunting for sport is despicable...
I agree, show me a kid who gets off on torturing or killing animals for fun and I'll show you a kid who will probably grow up to abuse people. But I remember when I was in the 9th grade and I bought a BB gun and I shot a bird at great distance just to see if I could - a challenge - and I felt like sh!t when I walked up to eye my kill - that was the last time I killed for "sport"...
Old December 25, 2003, 04:40   #73
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
that was the last time I killed for "sport"...
How did hunting turn into killing for sport? Many people eat the animals they kill, so it ain't simply for sport. It is also a source of better food. Hell, some people buy organic because they feel it is healthier. Some people hunt because they feel the food is fresher and thus better (and damn, they be right on that... fresh venison... mmm mmm mmm ).
Old December 25, 2003, 05:19   #74
Berzerker
Emperor

Quote:
How did hunting turn into killing for sport?
Since I was responding to Sava's comment about killing for sport. How did hunting for sport become hunting for food?

Quote:
Many people eat the animals they kill, so it ain't simply for sport. It is also a source of better food. Hell, some people buy organic because they feel it is healthier. Some people hunt because they feel the food is fresher and thus better (and damn, they be right on that... fresh venison... mmm mmm mmm ).
Hunting for food is different than hunting for "sport", but let's face it, most people in the USA don't hunt for food but for sport even if they eat their kills. Just listen to Ted Nugent talk about hunting and it's obvious he enjoys killing animals even though he eats what he kills.
Old December 25, 2003, 12:49   #75
Harry Tuttle
SporeScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Back on topic:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/science...eut/index.html

just in time for Christmas, a Vegan Virgin Mary...
Old December 25, 2003, 12:57   #76
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 15:04
Quote:
Originally posted by Sikander

Then how come they don't like you?
Because I shower.

Do It Ourselves
Old December 25, 2003, 13:37   #77
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 17:04
My question is: If there were farms of animals exclusively breeded for their furs, would it still be considered wrong by those people?
Old December 25, 2003, 13:47   #78
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by OliverFA
My question is: If there were farms of animals exclusively breeded for their furs, would it still be considered wrong by those people?
There are, and those farms are usually the primary focus from activists, because of their horrendous conditions.

Do It Ourselves
Old December 25, 2003, 16:43   #79
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
Since I was responding to Sava's comment about killing for sport. How did hunting for sport become hunting for food?
Just because I didn't quote Sava as well doesn't mean I wasn 't responding to him as well .

Quote:
Hunting for food is different than hunting for "sport", but let's face it, most people in the USA don't hunt for food but for sport even if they eat their kills. Just listen to Ted Nugent talk about hunting and it's obvious he enjoys killing animals even though he eats what he kills.
They hunt for both reasons at the same time. Food and sport combine. I mean, even if you hunt for food, it still ends up being for sport, because of the inherantly competitive nature of man... you want the biggest bear, or whatever. I find nothing abhorrent about Nugent's hunting.

In the end, if they eat what they hunt, I gots no problem with it.
Old December 25, 2003, 16:52   #80
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

There is no such thing as hunting for food in western society. Not when you've got a freezer at home that's already full of meet... or, for that matter, garbage bags full of spoiling meat which you didn't care for.

Do It Ourselves
Old December 25, 2003, 17:00   #81
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
There is no such thing as hunting for food in western society. Not when you've got a freezer at home that's already full of meet
What an ignorant statement. Maybe that freezer is full of hunted meat? And what makes you think that there is a spoiling meat? I mean people like organic food because it is healthier to them. People like hunted food because it is fresher. What, just because the supermarket has meat, that means you have to take it?
Old December 25, 2003, 17:03   #82
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:

What an ignorant statement. Maybe that freezer is full of hunted meat?
Not likely.

Quote:
And what makes you think that there is a spoiling meat?
There always is.

Quote:
What, just because the supermarket has meat, that means you have to take it?
That means you don't need to hunt it.

Do It Ourselves
Old December 25, 2003, 17:09   #83
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
Not likely.
Um.. yes... VERY likely.

Quote:
There always is.
Maybe in your house.

Quote:
That means you don't need to hunt it.
And you don't need organic food either if you supermarket doesn't carry it. If people enjoy hunted food, let 'em... unless you want to be overwhelmed with deer and other animals.
Old December 25, 2003, 17:34   #84
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

imran, what osweld is saying that his freezer is filled with enslaved and slaughtered meats, not hunted down meats.
Old December 25, 2003, 17:37   #85
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
imran, what osweld is saying that his freezer is filled with enslaved and slaughtered meats, not hunted down meats.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing it up .
Old December 25, 2003, 17:41   #86
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

killing **** is legit. Therefore hunting **** is legit.

Stop being pussies and start killing **** without guilt alredy.
Old December 25, 2003, 18:23   #87
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

I'm vegetarian.

I find buying farmed meat more despeicable then actually hunting it for yourself. But there simply is no need to hunt in western society - people do it for sport, not to put food on their table. I don't care what they say.

Do It Ourselves
Old December 25, 2003, 18:27   #88
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
But there simply is no need to hunt in western society - people do it for sport, not to put food on their table. I don't care what they say.
If they eat it, then they are also doing it to be food on their table. I don't care what you say .
Old December 25, 2003, 18:30   #89
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Btw, I'm interested in how many of these people against hunting are also railing against fishing? After all, the same arguments apply.
Old December 25, 2003, 18:32   #90
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Quote:
But there simply is no need to hunt in western society - people do it for sport, not to put food on their table. I don't care what they say.
If they eat it, then they are also doing it to be food on their table. I don't care what you say .
Yes, but that point is that they don't have to do it. Hunting for food implies a need, but there is no need here. They do it for sport. If they don't bag anything, they've got nothing to worry about because they have a fridge full of food to go home to. And if they happen to get a dinner out of it, it's icing on the cake.

Do It Ourselves