Old December 25, 2003, 23:20   #1
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 08:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
PEACE Base Renaming Suggestions
This thread is for sugjesting and Debating the new names for the Bases we concour from PEACE.

I personaly favor using a name which aludes to the previous name yet is consistent with our Factions Ethos and current base name Theams. Also I know many people here like aliteration.

Here are some tenative ideas.

Tripoli > Tron
Margaritaville > MegaByteville
Liar's Lair > Luxor
Casablanca > Cascadia?
Sea Lurk Channel > C++ Channel

And perhaps someware else

Nike Nexus or Nexus of Nike

Feel free to dig up stuff from our older Base threads but try to keep things specific as to which PEACE base should recive which name.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Last edited by Drogue; February 16, 2004 at 21:45.
Old December 26, 2003, 08:28   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 15:09
Um, how about something along the lines of TASSAGRAD? In tribute to your HUMBLE YET ALMIGHTY GOD?

Googliegorsk could work too
Old December 26, 2003, 11:16   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 17:09
Your suggestions sound good.
How about calling Tripoli Bipoli though? It's a minor change that still largely maintains the original name, and the change from from tri- to bi- makes it more CyCon-like, bi- being a reference to our digital language which only knows two signs: 0 & 1.
Old December 26, 2003, 19:59   #4
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

I'd like those. Maniac's Bipoli is better than Tron IMHO though. However I would like to be a little cruel with them. "CyCon's Revenge" or "WAR to PEACE" or some other's that are a little nastier

Edit: Or even "War and PEACE"

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Drogue; December 26, 2003 at 20:35.
Old December 27, 2003, 17:59   #5
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Hey those are cool names!
Tassadar's basenames are really cool too! No, he didn't edit my post! Remember: He is our god!
I'm all for Bipoli too.

EDIT BY TASSADAR:
Good. I see I have at least one loyal servant.

- Paul Valery

Last edited by Nubclear; December 29, 2003 at 05:29.
Old December 29, 2003, 05:15   #6
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Bipoli sounds like a odd fused word to me and we already have Binary Bastion that could get confusing. I would like to keep the first sylible or atleast the first letter the same and avoid using something that could be confused with a previous base.

If your realy into the numbers racket then perhaps something Tri oriented would be clever.

Tri-angu-lar (personal favorite)
Tripod (second fav)
Triumverate
Triplex
Trinarny

After all the Cycon logo is a Triangle after all so it fits RP wise quite well. What do yall think?
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old December 29, 2003, 07:03   #7
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

yes, impaler, i agree too.

Also latin names could be quite nice too.
Like Castra Cyborgia
Septizodium
Ara Pacis
Templum Neptunis Digitalis
Abacus Mariensis...etc

- Paul Valery
Old January 31, 2004, 12:14   #8
Impaler[WrG]
King

Giving this thread a Big Bump as we have several bases in need of ReNaming and lots of new members who likly have ideas for bases.

Here are a few general names I like

Verona Beach
Tau Ceti Center
Cube something (a refrence to the Borg)
Bionic, Bionica (refrence to Bionic Man TV series)
Unimatrix 7 of 9 (or some other referece to this Sexiest of Cyborgs)

Add any other clever names you can Think of for Renaming Pirate bases (or new bases we might found)
Old January 31, 2004, 13:36   #9
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
EDIT BY TASSADAR:
Good. I see I have at least one loyal servant.

Have you forgotten me?

Bipoli would be nice.

Linearville-Liar`s Lair
Cyberanca-Casablanca
Old February 1, 2004, 00:48   #10
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Cube Forward
Linea Recta
Implant Bay
Digit PEACE
Old February 1, 2004, 11:37   #11
Impaler[WrG]
King

Perfect Idea for Henry Morgans Boot > Mega ReBoot
(or something else with ReBoot), I like names that are a pun on the old name.

Oh and Bipoli was a potential name for Tripoli but Triplex won out in the end afer we deadlocked and Maniac changed his mind.
Old February 1, 2004, 11:51   #12
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Mega Reboot, that's a perfect one in my opinion
Old February 16, 2004, 20:30   #13
GeoModder
Deity

* bump *

For those not watching 'offical' Function threads:

'Mega ReBoot' for HMB?
'Abort-Retry-Fail(ed)' for LA? --> a continuous reminder for less honest factions
'Digit Error' for Liar's Lair? Or perhaps 'Misinformation Memory'?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 16, 2004, 21:45   #14
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Thread title edited for spelling (it was bugging me )

Sugjestins -> Suggestions

Old February 17, 2004, 08:46   #15
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Thread title edited for spelling (it was bugging me )

Sugjestins -> Suggestions
And can we humble underlings also change thread titles, or it that the privilege of the turnplayer?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 17, 2004, 14:25   #16
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

I have renamed HMB and LA to the suggestions in Geo's post. I'll wait with Lair until there is one final proposal.
Old February 23, 2004, 06:24   #17
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:09
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Do we have all those Neon Genesis Evangelion place titles, Central Dogma, Terminal Dogma etc? Hackneyed I know, but I almost feel they HAVE to be there somewhere.

Since we are now CPU, perhaps we can have a few more electronics terms in there - Transistorton, Capacitornia...?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old February 23, 2004, 09:43   #18
GeoModder
Deity

Liar's Lair, Pampalona and Calico can be renamed from 2157 on. Plenty of choice to put them somewhere.

For Liar's Lair, I propose 'Memory Error'

Btw, Casablanca, was that an original PEACE name or not?
Else it should be changed as well

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 23, 2004, 10:50   #19
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
And can we humble underlings also change thread titles, or it that the privilege of the turnplayer?
It's the privilege of the mod

Old February 25, 2004, 10:42   #20
Impaler[WrG]
King

How about Queen's Lair, that got a nice ring to it and is a subtle poke at the Borg Queen.

Recomend Tau Ceti Center for Little Accident
Recomend Verona Beach for Pampalona

Also in honor of Maniac's native country of Belgium and in refernce to the Borg we could as some point make/rename a base "Borgium"

Another thing we need to do is rename PEACE land marks. Recomend Dead Scout Island be changed to Dead Pirate Island, Pitcaran Island to Picometer Island (it is a very small island after all). And we either remove or rename "The Plank"
Old February 25, 2004, 14:47   #21
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

for Queen`s Lair and Borgim.

And might I suggest Locutus of Chiron ( )
Old February 25, 2004, 16:02   #22
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
How about Queen's Lair, that got a nice ring to it and is a subtle poke at the Borg Queen.
Queen Lair? mmm, what do you think of Liar's Cube or Misinformation Cube?
I find it more interesting to change the name of the 'place' (lair) itself.

Quote:
Recomend Tau Ceti Center for Little Accident
It is called Abort Retry Fail(ed) now. I suggested this because of the reloads the pirates tried to push through our throat. I like the name as a rememberance to that time for other factions

Quote:
Also in honor of Maniac's native country of Belgium and in refernce to the Borg we could as some point make/rename a base "Borgium"
Why, thank you. But Belgium is a federal nation, existing from Flanders and Wallony. Since we live in Flanders, and this starts to have more and more meaning within EU matters, I suggest 'Borders' as a name. the 'ders' from Flanders. A good idea, btw

Quote:
And we either remove or rename "The Plank"
How about renaming it to Planck? In memory to the smallest object measurement he made (to the -44 or something)

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 25, 2004, 16:03   #23
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by obstructor
And might I suggest Locutus of Chiron ( )
I second that one, and I propose to rename Calico to that. It has some similarities in the sound.

Ok for you, Obstructor?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 25, 2004, 16:06   #24
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

base named Borders?
Old February 25, 2004, 16:19   #25
Impaler[WrG]
King

Borders?

Its just too plain sounding as its lost all the outward reference to the Borg. Anyways no one outside of Belgium cares that its a federal union of Blaaa and Blaaaaaa its just Belgium to us.

Another idea "Cude" something for a reference to the Borg.

I also like the Locutus of Chiron idea
Old February 25, 2004, 16:25   #26
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Cude?
Cude=Cube ??
Old February 25, 2004, 18:12   #27
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Its just too plain sounding as its lost all the outward reference to the Borg. Anyways no one outside of Belgium cares that its a federal union of Blaaa and Blaaaaaa its just Belgium to us.

Just kidding
But I liked the pun of it...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 25, 2004, 19:12   #28
Maniac

Renamed:
The Plank -> Planck Shallows
Dead Scout Is. -> Dead Pirate Isle
Pitcairn Islet -> Picometer Islet

I'll wait a bit with the base names, as there seems to be some disagreement, especially about Lair.
Btw, how is "Verona Beach" related to anything cyberlike?