Old December 26, 2003, 16:37   #1
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 18:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I just wittnessed the sickest thing
I was coming back from the gas station after buying some cigarettes like I usually do, and on the way back home I saw a guy running to other guy, hitting him in the face (looked like a random attack, but you never know) and the other guy dropped. I slowed down thinking if I should stop and shout that I call the cops or run and slam the punk to the ground, or keep moving. After all, I'm Supercitizen. Anyway, the guy then proceeded to soccer kick the victim to the body and in the face once and started fleeing. It all happened quickly, and I pulled over to see if the guy is ok. Then the sick thing happened... I was jogging towards the guy, but some lady got their first and I got there and checked out and BAAM his jaw was kind of out of the place...... Not totally out of the place, but it looked like it was like broken in a little.. man that looked sick, even though it was not super serious injury.. I guess they'll just brake it and put it back together with wires and stuff. I'm not sure if the punch or kick did this.. Ambulance came, we only waited like 15 minutes, and this guy was in agony. But that was pretty good, could have been longer.. maybe it was closer to 10 minutes.

The cops took longer to show up, and the ambulance guys came so I gave my name and number if there's something I need to do, like say I was the guy who came there to see what happened or something like that. I kind of feel guilty about not speeding there and helping the guy out, after all I have a riot baton in my car so I think it would have been an easy one, but then again maybe this way was better.. who knows, maybe I would have gotten the same treatment... But I don't write this as a loss to my Supercitizen record. I take it as a draw, because I didn't rush in to save the day, but I did pull over and see if he was ok (which he wasn't).

Looked nasty!!!!!
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old December 26, 2003, 16:40   #2
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 07:11
Well dude you were caught off guard so don't beat yourself up for not getting there in time

At least you got out and helped, it happened way too fast for you to prevent it

What kind of neighboorhood do you live in anyway, you're always fighting or seeing fights?

Mis Novias
Old December 26, 2003, 16:44   #3
Pekka
Emperor

Ted Striker, well I'm back at home from school. Nah, I'm not seeing fights all the time or fighting. I've had like few incidents only. I've seen quite a few brawls though, there's million bars at this place, and at closing times it's sometimes kind of heated sometimes.

This was just random thing, I was kind of surprised myself. No I'm not beating myself from not getting involved right there.. but I didn't reallyt help the guy out at all either. But I'm not a medic, so I don't know what to do when that happens so best if I just shut up and try to look like everything is ok.

The neighbourhood itself isn't bad. This didn't happen in my neighbourhood.
Old December 26, 2003, 16:54   #4
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:11
PEKKA THE SUPERCITIZEN!!

can you post a pic of your face, I want to make a flash movie about you...

seriously!

any idea what the motive of the attack was?
Old December 26, 2003, 17:15   #5
Pekka
Emperor

Sava, No nothing..it looked like the guy just run, attacked and fleed. Naturally, they could know each other. Or maybe they had some beef that just had its climax there. Or maybe it was just random. Who knows.. I really don't know.
Old December 26, 2003, 17:52   #6
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

can I still have a pic of your face

I feel the need to make an Apolyton series of flash movies...

you shall be PEKKA THE SUPERCITIZEN
Old December 26, 2003, 17:56   #7
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 11:11
wow... that's just nuts
Old December 26, 2003, 18:26   #8
Space05us
King

Local Time: 03:11
Local Date: November 3, 2010
that reminds me of a fight that happend up here. I dont know where it happend (I was told about it by a friend). A kid who is built pretty big for his age (so he thinks hes a bad ass and all) got into a fight with one of the Samoan kids, the Samoan punched him once in the jaw and it popped out of joint. Im dead certain its not just a made up story since everyone up here knows everyone.

as for your story Pekka, I think you should carry a gun if you're going to play superhcitizen. Interfearing in other peoples fights is a very dangerous thing to do.
Old December 26, 2003, 18:50   #9
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 15:11
Quote:
after buying some cigarettes like I usually do,
Your gonna die.
Old December 27, 2003, 02:17   #10
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 23:11
Pekka,

Perhaps if you just yelled at the attacker it would be sufficient to send him fleeing. Anyway, not much else you could have done.
Old December 27, 2003, 02:54   #11
Pekka
Emperor

Yeah I thought about that, honking the horn and stuff. It was over quickly though, so while I was thinking my options through, I wasn't left to use any of them. At this point ignoring and driving away was out too, because the guy look hurt.

I guess I made this thread because I wanted to talk about it. I mean, it bothers me a bit, it was pretty disturbing looking. Not the attack itself (except maybe the kick was a bit nasty), but the jaw. I kind of can't get it out of my head. It'll be in my dreams for sure.

Sava, I still don't have one in my puter. The only pic I have is what I posted to Community Forums, and that's not very good.. also it doesn't really show my face.

Space05us, Nah I don't need a gun. I'm bound to shoot someone if I had one It would need to stay home at all times in case of intruders or other kind of emergency, not with me when I'm out... I could easily take road rage in to new levels. And I don't interfere other peoples fights. That wasn't a fight, that was a beating. I didn't interfere, I pulled over to see if the other guy was ok, which he obviously was not. And it didn't look like a fight either, he sucker punched the guy so.. if two people or more decide to have a rumble, by all means, I'll bring the popcorn. If they're willing, or if someone is asking for it.. by all means.... And facts are, I haven't interfered in any fights, except for one but it involved my friend so that doesn't count because I knew the people.

.. so don't worry.. but... being a Supercitizen is hard. You have certain responsibilites. It's not like I can hold my job and title if I don't call the wrongs and rights. That was wrong and I called it wrong, but put it as a tie in my record because it wasn't a victory either. Being a Supercitizen is dirty sometimes.. even the law enforcement might have a different say to the morals and ethics and methods of Supercitizens. But we have to remember, they work for the country, and they get paid doing so. Getting paid means they have to follow certain guidelines and rules. This hinders law enforcement to fight the baddies and wrongs, because they don't have those rules that slows them down. This is where Supercitizen comes into the picture. We fight the fight, and we fight it dirty and if we get any chance of unfair battle, we take it with a big smile and don't think twice about it.

These powers are difficult, because you know that power corrupts, and absolute power absolutely corrupts. This is why Supercitizens have some qualities, that makes them Good and not Bad. They have sworn to call the right and wrong, no matter who is the one doing it. It might be even law enforcement themselves, they can be corrupt. Then I'll have to bust the station door in and introduce corrupt baddies to few power combos, the talk is over then, no more mr nice guy.

Also we don't hold the power to lift ourselves inside the society. This would easily make Supercitizens possible threats. Think about Superman and Batman going rogue over one night.. that would be bad, right? Well, we follow the same superhero rules. No personal benefit. Except sometimes we get to screw hot chicks.
Old December 27, 2003, 02:56   #12
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Old December 27, 2003, 02:58   #13
KrazyHorse
Deity

It doesn't take much to be a supercitizen, but very few people seem to manage it.

All it requires is a lack of fear of:

a) being punched in the face
b) looking like a dumbass
c) responsibility

But you feel good afterward.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old December 27, 2003, 08:13   #14
reds4ever
Prince

Local Time: 16:11
Quote:
Originally posted by KrazyHorse
It doesn't take much to be a supercitizen, but very few people seem to manage it.

All it requires is a lack of fear of:

a) being punched in the face
b) looking like a dumbass
c) responsibility
I score 0/3

(especially a) and c))
Old December 27, 2003, 08:24   #15
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:11
Local Date: November 3, 2010
So Pekka is basically a righteous vigilante.

I support that stance until people start presuming their way is the right way (which most of them tend to do)... then it goes awry.

Safer to say you're generous/belligerent. Super citizen sounds righteous to me.

---

Myself in that situation? I don't know the victim or the guy making the assault, so I'd probably ask the attacker some questions (and responding with force if he tries to attack me).

That's how the Super Citizen could have better attained victory here.
Old December 27, 2003, 08:29   #16
reds4ever
Prince

The guy on the floor could be a paedophile who had attacked the other blokes child for all Pekka knew.
Old December 27, 2003, 08:29   #17
Az
Emperor

The WSCO has put your membership on a little vacation. We'll conact you.
Old December 27, 2003, 09:59   #18
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by reds4ever
The guy on the floor could be a paedophile who had attacked the other blokes child for all Pekka knew.
Very unlikely. In any case, vigilantism is bad.
Old December 27, 2003, 10:02   #19
reds4ever
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Very unlikely. In any case, vigilantism is bad.
I know, I was just making the point that Pekka had no way of knowing the circumstances behind the attack
Old December 27, 2003, 10:09   #20
Urban Ranger
Deity

Fair enough. It doesn't matter to me though, such an attack is always unwarranted.
Old December 27, 2003, 10:24   #21
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 15:11
well.. at least our broken man is getting some MORPHINE for Christmas!
Old December 27, 2003, 11:32   #22
Chemical Ollie
King

Local Time: 17:11
Sounds like a trauma, Pekka. I hope the punk gets to know Bubba.

I have never seen a fight anywhere in any of the 50 or so big cities in the World I have visited. But whenever I go to the local pub where I live, seing a fight is almost assured. This place is perhaps too small, and people know each other too well. 50-year olds saying "Hey you stole my girlfriend when we were teens, now it's time you pay!" Smack, whop!
Old December 27, 2003, 14:55   #23
Gatekeeper
Mac
King

Local Time: 09:11
Supercitizens should always carry civilian-model taser guns.

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius
Old December 27, 2003, 15:01   #24
Pekka
Emperor

Yeah, but in here you can't even buy those Not even sprays.. you can, but you have to apply, and you have to show that you might need it for self defense. It's not enough to say 'there could be random attack', you must spesify the threat.
Old December 27, 2003, 15:06   #25
Theben
Deity

Can't you just show them your National Supercitizen I.D. card?
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old December 27, 2003, 15:11   #26
Pekka
Emperor

Not really.. I can't show them my real Supercitizen identity. After all... they might have some ideas some day, that I'll be cracking on their corrupt cases... even the mayor don't know about me, like in Batman case.
Old December 27, 2003, 15:18   #27
Kuciwalker
Deity

You need to specify how you would need a watergun to defend yourself?
Old December 27, 2003, 16:06   #28
Gatekeeper
Mac
King

Local Time: 09:11
"Will that be a hot water or a cold water gun?"

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius
Old December 27, 2003, 16:30   #29
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 08:11
Neither, load it with piss.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old December 27, 2003, 17:04   #30
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

If that was the sickest thing you ever saw.... welcome to my world.