Old December 26, 2003, 17:07   #1
Edgar Newt
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMBtS Tri-League
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
MP with more than 2?
I am having trouble getting an internet MP game up and running between myself and my two brothers. Let me explain using brothers "A" and " B" and I'll be "C".

B can host either A or C, but not both.

I can host B but not A.

A can host B but not C. We all see each other when we try to start a game, but once we launch into the Game Setup Screen either A or C makes it in (assuming B is hosting). Its very weird.

This occurs regardless of whether we do direct IP or via Gamespy. I don't understand why A and C cannot be in the same game together despite being able to make it into the prelaunchwindow together.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. We are trying to get a game up during our limited holiday time.

Oh, one thing that might be of note: When we are all in the prelaunch window with B hosting, I (I'm C in this example) see B with a ping of about 31 and A with a ping of zero. A sees me with a ping of zero as well. Shouldn't that ping be something other than zero?

Thanks in advance.

Happy holidays!!!!!!
Old December 26, 2003, 17:25   #2
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 16:11
I seem to recall that only one computer can have an unconfigured firewall in the game. From your example it sounds like A and C have this problem. Can A + C play online without any problems?

Maybe go into your properties by right clicking on your internet connection and look for firewall.

Sorry I can't be more help.
Old December 26, 2003, 19:29   #3
Edgar Newt
Chieftain

Snotty -- I feel like an idiot. You are absolutely correct. That's exactly the issue. So now, how do I address it. I've placed myself into the DMZ because my setup is very complex and I cannot completely remove the firewall. My brother just has a dsl modem and firewall software. Does he have to remove the software or can he just turn it off?

Thanks so much for your response. I feel like a total idiot for taking up bandwidth on this.

Happy holidays.
Old December 30, 2003, 02:46   #4
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 08:11
He can just turn it off by disabling it for the time period that you play.
Old December 30, 2003, 20:59   #5
Edgar Newt
Chieftain

Thanks to all -- we turned off a firewall and started a great three way game. Great -- except that I am currently third among the humans. Oh, and I don't have access to Iron and Korea (AI) just attacked.

Oh, how I love -- and hate -- this game.

Next up, to try a four person game with my Dad. He also has firewall issues. I'm hoping it will be the same easy solution. Thanks again and Happy New Year.