Old January 31, 2004, 14:22   #31
Prince Jason
Warlord

Local Time: 07:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I will have my section up soon, early today sometime.
Old January 31, 2004, 15:18   #32
Prince Jason
Warlord

Chapter Nine - Reconstruction

The wind hit his face hard, and the rain did not make it feel any better. It seemed as if the world were swallowing up the fleet, and he with it. The ship never ceased to rock violently back and forth, and one could hear the orders from the captain being yelled just barely over the hollering of the wind and the clash of the thunder. He was barking out orders to take the sail down and to pull the anchor up.

The storm had come very unexpectingly. It had been a beautiful summer day just hours before, the sky was cloudless, and the men were celebrating after another victory over the pirates. They were the Republican Fleet – the only frigate fleet of Greece, and were charged with the task of upholding the protection of the northern shores. Mayaland Province, just south of the Northern Sea, was constantly under attack from pirates these days, and the army had other duties to perform then to protect the people from pirates. That is why the only offensive fleet in Greece was charged with protecting the sea.

And protect it they did. Already three fleets of Pirates had either been destroyed or captured, and the harbor at Bonampak was more then enough to keep the fleet well supplied and prepared for the pirate attacks.

There were other problems arising in Greece. A pogrom in Carthage was very startling to people, mostly the northern people, who lived in harmony with the Jews. Apparently this was not so in the South, where it is expected that many were jealous of the Jewish prosperity, mostly from money grants from northern Jews. The South was also growing discontent with the Republic; the newly conquered provinces of Carthage felt that they did not have a full representation in the Senate. While each province was allotted three senators, the South was only allotted two per province since they were less populated, as voted upon by the pre-Carthaginian War Senate. Discontent was growing, and the number of Consul’s that held power in-between the time did not see it.

Chapter Ten – The Revolution

In around 640 A.D., the unthinkable happened. Communists, a growing power in the north, bursted into revolution against the Senate. Likewise, the fascists that were growing power in the south, mostly with the help of the hatred towards the Jews, rebelled at the same time. Meanwhile, pro-democratic reforms were taking place in Athens, which left the Senate and the Consul without control of their armed forces. The country soon fell into anarchy, and there was nothing that Athens could do.

Guns fired in the south first, where the cavalry launched attacks against Athenian outposts in the south. Soon overwhelmed, the Athenians retreated to Athens and Sparta – the only cities still loyal to the Senate. In the north, the Communists were taking more cautious steps towards revitalizing the government. Not either side wanted to be independent – they wanted to enforce their beliefs upon the rest of the country. However, a fanatic communist, Carl Marx, led his army of four cavalry regiments into the pro-Athenian nation of America. Nearing the city of Seattle, the cavalry were prepared to take and raze the city when Carl died from an Athenian sharpshooter. Her name, Alexus Diocious, would soon be famous in the sense that she saved Greece from a full out invasion by America. She soon took control of the army and peacefully led it back to Sparta, where it would soon be the driving force in restoring peace.

Many pogroms, in the meantime, in the south were sending the fearing Jews into the north with their commercial wealth, which would soon add to the Athenian treasury. A pogrom in Leptis Minor killed seventy Jews, leaving the city shocked and awed as the bodies were hopelessly burned. Most were not racists in the south, but those who were either too afraid, or ignorant of the fact that there were more like them, that they did not act against it.

Then something happened, dreadfully unexpected. Athens, the last haven for the Greek Jews, was stage for the next pogrom in which twenty-five Jews were killed within their Yeshiva as it was caught on fire by arson. Martial law ensued in Greece as the Fascists were ratted out and hung.

Meanwhile, Communists launched secret strikes against Athens, killed hundreds upon hundreds of innocent lives we the Communists hunted for the wealthy, “capitalist” elites. However, with the pogrom of Athens, Washington finally decided upon aiding the suffering Athenians, who were trying to make democratic reforms. American police forces entered Athens around 655 A.D. and helped the Greek army retain control. The Americans then launched strikes against the South and the North to regain control of the country for the Democrats. It wasn’t long before the Americans had weakened the opposing sides enough for the President, an Alexander Theociace, to gain control of their armed forces once again. The bloody Revolution lasted for twenty years, and was the bloodiest time in Greek history.

Chapter Eleven – Dodging Destruction

With the Greek Democracy installed, it was only a few years before they had caught up with the Americans in technological superiority of the world. Railroads were also being built faster then ever, the major cities of Greece were interconnected by 1000 AD. It was during this time that the greatest task fell upon the negotiators of Greece and America.

With the technology of rubber came the largest military reformation in history. Rifleman and old musket men alike were all given new weapons and training to become infantry – the lifeline of the country. Finally, Greece was becoming as powerful as America and once again had stance it the international community.

Meanwhile tensions were growing between Greece’s allies, Inca and Byzantine, and America. It was rumored and stated by the American President that border buildups on the Byzantine side were threatening the Americans. Thinking of this to be folly and an excuse for war, President Alexander Theociace Jr. sent a secret force of cavalry that would land on the beaches of Byzantine and view the border issues. It was to his dismay that there were in fact border build-ups by the Byzantines. It was during this time that Greek diplomats were able to narrowly convince the Byzantines that they did not want America as an enemy, and they withdrew. It was by the skill of Greek negotiators that saved the world from intercontinental war, a war that would see many Greek and American deaths.

Chapter Twelve – Modern Days a’comin’

It was soon that Incanland could not take anymore of the Greek “incursions upon their territory” and so they broke all ties with Greece. Soon they declared war. With the large amounts of oil in the deserts north of Carthage, and in the Theveste Marshlands, the Greeks were able to construct a modern navy that destroyed the famed Incans fleet of ironclads and frigates. Seeing this as an act of aggression, the Greeks launched a huge campaign against the Incans.

[ooc – I do not have my notes on this war, and unfortunately it was so long ago that I do not remember really that happened. So I will explain here the little that I do remember. Incans were winning in the beginning, until I finally had the upper hand with masses of infantry and took out their cities. I do not know exactly if I destroyed them or not.]

Now I am caught up, and me and EQ can continue the game.
Old January 31, 2004, 16:34   #33
EQandCivfanatic
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:17
yeah i'll clear up that war that Jason is talking about, since i started and all. Section is forthcoming
Old January 31, 2004, 18:48   #34
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 00:17
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Woo Hoo

thanks guys...
Old February 24, 2004, 13:03   #35
KuriousK724
Chieftain

will this ever be updated guys? please.... i might cry i fyou don't....
Old March 11, 2005, 17:10   #36
SyN
Settler

updates, we beg you!
Old March 14, 2005, 01:42   #37
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

indeed, more please
Old March 18, 2005, 17:10   #38
Prince Jason
Warlord

funny you revive a dead thread, EQ just started a more in depth story of it on another thread.
Old March 18, 2005, 23:18   #39
EQandCivfanatic
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Chieftain

well it is not actually based on the provided info above, but more of a war that could have happened if the game continued.
Old March 22, 2005, 02:58   #40
Paddy
Prince

thanks for the clarification