View Poll Results: Pick three Civ's total (including write in's)
Aztecs 1 1.96%
Babylonians 0 0%
Chinese 0 0%
Egyptians 0 0%
English 0 0%
French 0 0%
Greeks 5 9.80%
Indians 0 0%
Iroquois 9 17.65%
Persians 5 9.80%
Romans 8 15.69%
Russians 0 0%
Zulus 1 1.96%
Arabs 0 0%
Carthaginians 1 1.96%
Celts 4 7.84%
Koreans 0 0%
Ottomans 1 1.96%
Vikings 2 3.92%
Hittites 1 1.96%
Sumerians 1 1.96%
Mayans 5 9.80%
Dutch 5 9.80%
Portuguese 2 3.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 9, 2004, 07:56   #31
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 15:19
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Duh.... I meant:
Quote:
Without Iron, our civ is toast.
Old January 9, 2004, 11:53   #32
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 08:19
Quote:
Originally posted by donegeal
Greece
The Hopilite is a 3 defense spear. Comes with Bronze and does not require a resource. It is an ancient age Pike. If we take this civ, yes I think we would be a shoe-in for game two. I do have one problem with this however. I am not sure how they did it, but CDG managed to kill an incredible amount of Apolyton Numedian Mercs with horses in the ISDG. Somewhere, there is a chink in the 3 defense armor. I think we need to find it.
The only trait that I know the Greece has ATM is Sci. Now as I think this is going to be a bloody defensive battle that is not going to even make it to the Mideval Age, this trait is completely worthless.
It was GCA not CDG and some suspect that GCA is cheating mainly because of the odds.
Old January 9, 2004, 18:00   #33
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:19
Yes, I don't think we need to worry. 3 defense is not invincible in the Civ3 combat system, but neither is it useless; GCA either got very lucky or cheated. The Hoplite would definitely be a great UU; probably the very best. The traits are the only downside; neither Commercial nor Scientific helps much in the early game.
Old January 10, 2004, 02:24   #34
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:19
I'm still not clear on what the deadline is to make this decision.

If we still have some time, we may want to just take all of the civs in this poll that got at least one vote and do a similar voting system to our recent Consul election.

We make 3 polls, In one the votes are worth 3 points each, in another the votes are worth 2 points each, and in the last, the votes are worth 1 point.

We each vote for 1 civ in each of the polls (not picking the same civ more than once), then add up the votes, then add the extra weight.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old January 10, 2004, 02:45   #35
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
Yes, I don't think we need to worry. 3 defense is not invincible in the Civ3 combat system, but neither is it useless; GCA either got very lucky or cheated. The Hoplite would definitely be a great UU; probably the very best. The traits are the only downside; neither Commercial nor Scientific helps much in the early game.

the hoplite or any other defensive minded ancient UU (num merc), impi, etc, would provide a great deterrent to the other groups. Its the first two civs to fall, perhaps we would be avoided if cracking us proved difficult.
Old January 10, 2004, 02:55   #36
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

If all teams take the 'survival' approach, the game will last longer than we think. Perhaps we need to consider a more medium term approach that includes looking at the Civ's traits as they will stay in play longer than any UU will.
Old January 10, 2004, 03:06   #37
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas

If we still have some time, we may want to just take all of the civs in this poll that got at least one vote and do a similar voting system to our recent Consul election.

We make 3 polls, In one the votes are worth 3 points each, in another the votes are worth 2 points each, and in the last, the votes are worth 1 point.

We each vote for 1 civ in each of the polls (not picking the same civ more than once), then add up the votes, then add the extra weight.

--Togas
16 polls, plus a few from write-ins. I don't know how workable that would be. I think instead we should take the civs that received at least five votes. That's a lot more workable.
Old January 10, 2004, 03:11   #38
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Yes, 5 is more realistic.
Old January 10, 2004, 03:17   #39
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:19
No no, not making 16 different polls, making 3 polls.

Poll 1: "The 3x vote poll"
Lists all civs in contention.
You vote for only 1 civ, your favorite, and the results of this poll will be multiplied by 3 when finished.

Poll 2: "The 2x vote poll"
Lists all civs in contention.
you vote for only 1 civ, your 2nd favorite, and the results will be multiplied by 2 when finished.

Poll 3: "The single vote poll"
Lists all civs
you vote for only 1 civ, your 3rd favorite. No multipliers given.

We then add up the results of all three polls after properly multiplying (weighing) the results.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old January 10, 2004, 03:20   #40
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 09:19
Good idea, Togas.
Old January 10, 2004, 03:25   #41
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Oh I see. Okay, so I'm a dope.
Old January 10, 2004, 03:26   #42
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 11:19
Quote:
Originally posted by Togas

--Togas
I dont think the UN is either

Check out this post: HERE

Right now officially there is no deadline, but it is being discussed so we need to discuss and come up with our three choices soon.

If we start polls in the next twelve hours or so and do a 72 hour poll we should be OK.

Weighted polls are OK by me
Old January 10, 2004, 03:47   #43
BigFree
Deity

HAHA

If we do another poll, I think that will make a total of 5 polls so far! :exasperated!:

But, lets do another one.
Old January 10, 2004, 14:40   #44
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 11:19
I like Togas' idea. That is in fact how most teams I have been on have decided on a civ - 3 points for first choice, 2 for second, one for third.

And I like the Greek and Roman choices. Personally - I really like the Greeks. I would not want to bet our existence on getting iron. Hoplites only cost 20 shields, you stack them with a sword (if we do get iron) and you have an even mightier version of the Roman Legionniare. If you don't - you stack them with bunches of archers.
Old January 10, 2004, 14:48   #45
Tassadar500
Emperor

I like Togas idea
Old January 11, 2004, 17:48   #46
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

me3, togas,

About greece:hoplites,

Can someone analyze what would be better, hoplite (20 shield pike) or enkindu? (10 shield spear) I just think enkindus could be much better. They can be upgraded to swords as well which could help our aggressive/defensive play.

my choice:

Mayans
Iroquois
Sumerians
Old January 11, 2004, 17:54   #47
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 09:19
I like Togas' idea.

Old January 11, 2004, 17:56   #48
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

This should probably be closed with the three new polls already up and running.
Closed Thread