View Poll Results: What kind of map should we have?
1 0 0%
2 2 11.76%
3 13 76.47%
4 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 29, 2003, 23:39   #1
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 08:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Poll: Pre-made or Random?
Please vote accordingly:

1) NO modification of any type. (Admins see the map, note the map for posterity/safekeeping, we begin play.)

2) Extremely minimal modification. (Admins see the map, note the map posterity/safekeeping/eventual *****ing about what was changed, alter any starting positions in which they feel the LAND is excessively bad, we begin play.)

3) Moderate modification. (Admins see the map, note the map posterity/safekeeping/eventual *****ing about what was changed, alter any starting positions in which they feel the LAND is excessively bad, move any resources which favor/disfavor any team to an unfair degree in the judgement of the admins, who we have all confirmed we respect and trust in their judgement, or they wouldn't be there and then we begin play.)

4) Serious/total modification. (Admins see the map and massively revamp it, OR admins create a map from scratch.)
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2003, 23:41   #2
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

I think 3 is good because it allows for a fairer start for all teams. The only reason this would be a problem is if people did not trust the admins to be impartial. But, then, we would be able to see that in the end if the map was not set up fairly.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2003, 01:15   #3
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 09:20
Moderate. Without such modification for MZO's C3C game, one of the teams would've been crippled at the start.
Old December 30, 2003, 02:36   #4
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Agreed with OctavianX
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2003, 04:24   #5
jordie
PtWDG Lux InvictaCivilization III MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Local Time: 01:20
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Yep ditto.

Also, I know it's part of the game now, but I think they should take out all the volcanoes, i think it's unnessesary in this type of play, and could also result in a disadvantage to a team.
jordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2003, 04:57   #6
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:20
As the map creator of the 3rd Demo Game, I just want to point out that it's a lot of fun to create a map from scratch!
BigFurryMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2003, 07:25   #7
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 11:20
We already did this poll although BF's description is better. Its here: Map Modifications Poll.

In order to avoid confusion please rename this the "official poll", and lets go from here.
Old December 31, 2003, 12:21   #8
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Moderate. ie 3
Old December 31, 2003, 12:39   #9
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

4, as it is more fun that way.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
GodKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2004, 02:31   #10
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 00:20
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Number 3 looks good to me
Old January 1, 2004, 07:17   #11
sprudl
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 17:20
In this type of game it's important to give everyone a fair chance, so I vote for 3.
sprudl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2004, 09:40   #12
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

I voted 3.

The map starting positions at least need to be balanced out and the starts in C3C are notorious for not having an even distribution of resources. That needs to be tweaked,
Old January 3, 2004, 09:18   #13
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

I need to vote on this at the UN by monday the 5th before about 2200 GMT.

Its pretty clear right now which way this poll is going but if you want to vote you better hury up and od it!
Old January 3, 2004, 18:04   #14
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 10:20
Manually add one to "3".
joncnunn is offline   Reply With Quote