Old December 30, 2003, 19:32   #31
=DrJambo=
Prince

Local Time: 15:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
First of all thanks Jesse, this developer involvement is most refreshing in the gaming industry

Are all those targeted improvements targeted for the 10th Jan?

Any chance of improving the paratrooper and modern paratrooper? The marine is pretty good now, which is nice to see.

Feudalism to be improved?
=DrJambo= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2003, 20:41   #32
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 11:21
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
To give credit where it is due, many of alexman's suggestions have been extensively debated in the AU forum in regard to the development of the AU C3C Mod.

And rather than debating them here (in the "I Can't Get Over How Wonderful Jesse Is" thread ), I'd suggest further debating them in that forum and in the relevant threads... Firaxis can thusly then take or leave whatever makes it into the AU Mod.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Theseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2003, 20:49   #33
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Re: Firaxis: Beta Patch Info
Quote:
Originally posted by JesseSmith
Art: I am not going to be able to get an artist assigned. If any of the creators are interested in submitting City View artwork for the new Epic Game Wonders or packaging a Conquests City View Artwork, please help! That goes for these assets too: 2/3/4/5 unit Worker Gangs (full anim set)
Jesse, would it be OK if we posted in the Creation forum regarding this to solicit some help?
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Old December 30, 2003, 20:50   #34
Kuciwalker
Deity

Remove Satellites from being a prerequisite of Integrated Defense. I'm not clear how this one has escaped YEARS of people playing - it's been in since the beginning. Integrated Defense already requires Smart Weapons, which requires Satellites.

Quote:
Reduce free unit support for Republic, or increase free unit support for Democracy. Disagree - the commerce bonuses for Democracy are tremendous, and Republic's unit support is only intended to give them a chance to develop infrastructure without choking to death on the cost of workers. War in Republic is no easy feat anymore - nor should it be in Democracy.
Democracy has no commerce bonus over Republic

Only a worker rate bonus and a corruption bonus (only one level).
Old December 30, 2003, 21:38   #35
JesseSmith
Firaxis Games

Theseus, by all means - please do!

Alex, its a huge game and things slipped through the cracks. Was the game ready for release? We thought it was! At the time we decided to ship the only major issues we were aware of were a few random OOS's in MP. We didn't go gold ignoring a massive bug list that was before us. Pretty sad huh? I would have given anything for the public beta to have continued until the end. Unfortunately safecast put a stop to that ::shakes his fist::

The reason for the lengthy period before the final release? Limited resources - basically me, myself, and I. My days are spent on wonderful CIV while my nights are spent frustratingly digging into C3C =)

Player1 - if the conquest issues are listed on the forums then they will be taken care of.
JesseSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2003, 21:56   #36
Theseus
Emperor

I'm on it.

Old December 30, 2003, 22:18   #37
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 12:21
Quote:
Originally posted by JesseSmith

Alex, its a huge game and things slipped through the cracks. Was the game ready for release? We thought it was! At the time we decided to ship the only major issues we were aware of were a few random OOS's in MP. We didn't go gold ignoring a massive bug list that was before us. Pretty sad huh? I would have given anything for the public beta to have continued until the end. Unfortunately safecast put a stop to that ::shakes his fist::
Fair enough, Jesse, and I certainly understand the kind of constraints you and the others have to face day by day...

Quote:
The reason for the lengthy period before the final release? Limited resources - basically me, myself, and I. My days are spent on wonderful CIV while my nights are spent frustratingly digging into C3C =)
And I couldn't say that I'm not impressed with this. But all the frustration will turn into lots of acknowledgement from us, the players... Keep up the good work.
Old December 30, 2003, 23:13   #38
Kuciwalker
Deity

Quote:
Unfortunately safecast put a stop to that ::shakes his fist::
We have a smiley for that:

Quote:
Wow. Really, really, wow. You're doing an AMAZING job
Old December 31, 2003, 01:32   #39
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Yes, big wow on all of the above! Only thing I want to still see is PBEM replay.
Sarxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2003, 02:25   #40
Azeem
Prince

I wonder if it's possible to have additional the "Corruption" values for governments in the Civ editor. For example, two new levels of corruption added - "Extreme" and "Near Non-existant"? That way, governments could be more diverse. If not, then no biggie. I'll figure out a way around it (perhaps "edict" improvements for certain governments ).
Only by knowing when to stop can we avoid danger." - Lao-zi, the "Dao-de-jing"
Azeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2003, 03:10   #41
Kuciwalker
Deity

How about also a "non-existant" value?
Old January 8, 2004, 21:33   #42
:) Smiley
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 08:21
Quote:
Art: I am not going to be able to get an artist assigned. If any of the creators are interested in submitting City View artwork for the new Epic Game Wonders
Send me specs and templates, I'll get you the goods.
:) Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2004, 14:43   #43
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

If i can help with art, I will.. how about a group of artists?
I'm sure if you credit their names they'll be happy to help.

I have made a massive Civ3 conquests extension mod, 7 ages of man .. maybe u can get ideas from that for new civ3 addons.
Its in the Files section, but ask and i'll send the full Data section which is required.

I'm a professional game designer / coder and also do some art.
Admiral PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2004, 16:07   #44
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

We love you Jesse. This looks awesome.

A good thing that maybe could be patched in would be the Incas starting with a Chasqui. I would be very grateful for this change, if it could be implemented.

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2004, 18:12   #45
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 09:21
I'm very slow with units, it sounds like the Worker Gang could simply be a Multi version of the standard unit though. There are some Multi people who have a program that generates those.

My current Worker unit project is a topless Amazon (as seen at MZO) and I don't think she's gonna fly for this.

Anything else though I should be able to help. I was working on some of the city unit stuff but the largebuilding and smallbuilding pcx's won't allow me to add more slots. The only way I can think of is to make a generic building for several different ones. If anyone knows how to extend those pcxs to add more slots for building graphics I could crank those out.
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2004, 19:28   #46
Theseus
Emperor

Can you just do another install?