Old May 8, 2000, 06:31   #1
Rasputin00

Tales fro mthe Diploamtic Front VI - Part 2
Due to new rules regarding 150 post limit this will be our continuation thread onmce the previosu one is closed at 150, please post there till this magic number is reached.

For others just joining our little fray, please refer the the first part at <a href="http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum2/HTML/001417.html">Tales from Diplo VI - Part 1</a>

Old May 9, 2000, 17:09   #2
Empress
The Empress

Local Time: 17:04
Local Date: October 30, 2010
The Land of Fountainia continues to prosper with the help of the FUC and Empress' Great ally,the Texans. In fact, with the aid of the Generous leader Dangime, the people of Fountainia became enlightened to the benifits of a democratic government and elected Empress as their eternal President. So excited were the people of Fountainia that they built the Statue of Liberty in honor of their new Democratic Status. Also, the city of Darkside was spared from barbaric invasion with Texan aid, although a few years later, the city of Friendship was destroyed by the landing of several barbarian hordes, despite efforts of pikemen to defend the outpost. Furthering the colonization efforts of the Fountain people, two new cities were built on the island of New Horizons, thus completing the dream of manifest destiny for the island. However, the greatest aid for the Fountainians came with a generous vote by the FUC to allow the Texans and Fountainians to divide the Spanish kingdom amongst themselves. The succesion of several spanish cities to the Land of Fountainia immensly helped to bring Fountiania into the world scene. Futher glory was brought to the Land of Fountainia upon seizing the last remaining Spanish city and therefore capturing the great trade center of the Collasus. This wonder, combined with the new Democratic government, effectively increased the Fountain science output. Moreover, with the recieving of such blessings, the Fountainians decided to donate an island city to their Roman friends in order to perpetuate mutual friendship. Thus, with the addition of several new cities, a new democratic government, and two new wonders, the future of Fountinia remans bright and the people optimistic.
Old May 10, 2000, 08:20   #3
Rasputin00

Empress guilty of not reading thread before posting, I started this one as an extension of the Part 1, not to be used till the previosu thread reached 150 posts, the magic number as mentioned in the thread that caused Empress to be banned... I only started this one as I thought I was going to be away all week

Old May 30, 2000, 05:54   #4
hydey

are we on for this week or is someone away again?

please post

Old May 30, 2000, 06:12   #5
finbar
Civilization II MultiplayerMac
Emperor

Local Time: 01:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Raz? Please fix the typo in the Topic line? Ta.

------------------
finbar
Mono Rules!
Old May 30, 2000, 17:31   #6
Empress
The Empress

I'll be here! looks like Hydey will too. Who else will be here next saturday?
Old May 31, 2000, 05:39   #7
Rasputin00

Finnie >> If I fixed the typo I would be accused of hacking, I would never do that

All>>> I am back and ready to play Sunday morning !!!!!!

Old May 31, 2000, 07:31   #8
finbar
Emperor

So I have to choke on that typo for the next 145-odd posts? Chee. Odd being the operative word, too.

------------------
finbar
Mono Rules!
Old May 31, 2000, 13:18   #9
Rasputin00

Well if you beg and plead mercilessly and basically suck up to Ming he might fix it !!!

Old June 1, 2000, 00:47   #10
Empress
The Empress

See, that is why I posted here before reading the whole post in its entirety. I was soo distracted by the title....
Old June 1, 2000, 05:46   #11
hydey

I see nothing wrong with the title but then I do practice at reading Raz type

ps he spells better than I do

Old June 1, 2000, 07:20   #12
finbar
Emperor

He does now. He used to be worse than you. If you can imagine such a thing.

------------------
finbar
Mono Rules!
Old June 1, 2000, 22:58   #13
Rasputin00

My level of Spelling expertise is inversely propertional to the elvel i n my wine bottle...

Old June 3, 2000, 01:19   #14
hydey

Due to the fact I will have a huge hangover this Sunday morning I claim the cities of those who don't show by 9 am Melbourne time

Old June 3, 2000, 17:36   #15
iadkins

RAZ!!! starting NOW!! WE are waiting

------------------
*THE DEITY*

Old June 3, 2000, 19:50   #16
hydey

this game is jinxed

Old June 4, 2000, 10:15   #17
SmartFart
Civilization II MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEM
King

Rasputin:

I was substitute for you yestreday,no more than 7-8 turns,though.
There are few things you need to know....

-city on Frank territory is starved,you're 5 shields short to make settlers from it
-i've madaged to decrease your luxury rate from 60% to 30% w/o much entertainers
-Adam Smith is finished. Your only maintenance are 2 aqueducts (one is in size 5 city,i haven't build that one )
-you're one turn to Gunpowder (Deity told me your tech goal is fundy).

Word of advice.......screw fundy. You have plenty of good trade routes. Build some marketplaces and banks in bigger cities.
Your infrastructure is terrible. I've finished some harbours,but you're short of 3x food squares. Transform those swamps/jungles around your cities. Pyramids are cool,but with only 1-2 food surplus per city you're doomed. Frank is already 3x bigger than you and w/o happines wonders you have to work hard until you see your 1st WLTPD.

Take care and have fun.

------------------
No i ain't doing much,doing nothing means alot to me (AC/DC)
Old June 5, 2000, 00:05   #18
Curumbor Elendil
Prince

Local Time: 18:04
I subbed for the Romans for four turns. I accepted lots and lots of tech from Deity and went into revolution for Democracy. At the time I retired I still hadn't gotten it. I changed some production from caravels to other useful units, such caravans. You already had 3-4 ships, I didn't think any more were necessary. Also built a few new cities, which thanks to Deity are now able to build phalanxes.

Trade maps a couple of times as well, & uncovered a hut for the Sioux.

------------------
Curumbor Elendil
jason.sorens@yale.edu
ICQ 56126989
Old June 10, 2000, 01:12   #19
iadkins

Are we on for this at 1800 USA EDT Sat night?
I can do a few hours but will probably have to switch to my tourney game by 2100.
We should only play this if all the key players show. I'm sure we will finish it but please Matt and Raz let us know. Empress, Dangime, hydey and myself usually show up.

------------------
*THE DEITY*

Old June 10, 2000, 02:44   #20
hydey

Getting up early on Sunday morning only to find others not turning up is not my idea of fun , PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT.

Old June 10, 2000, 10:02   #21
hydey

I will be here in 7 hours time to continue this game. As we have all had a week to notify everyone of any problems we can all assume that all will be here on time . If someone decides not to show I will take it that they no longer wish to be apart of this Diplo game.

Old June 10, 2000, 11:07   #22
Mr Dimbleby
King

Local Time: 18:04
I will be logged on to ICQ in 6hrs in the event y'all want/need a sub.

------------------
"These are great days we're living, bros!'We are jolly green giants, walking the earth with guns.
These people we wasted here today ... are the finest human beings we will ever know.
After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting."
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Mr Dimbleby (edited June 10, 2000).]</font>
Old June 10, 2000, 16:45   #23
Rasputin00

It is interesting to read the comments above re my civ after it was run by another, whilts I understand why they were stated, I must totally disagree with them for this game. My civ has been setup as part of an allaince not as a single civ trying to win. I am experimenting a little in this game with this setup as I beleive that in this type of game where an allaince can win , that for a strong allaince you need differing type sof civs, if we all follow the same old boring paths of research and city develpoment then we will end up competing with each other. In this game the player to land on AC doesnt win alone, he will have his allaince with him or her.
So as an experiment I qm taking a completely different tack re the way I am going to manag emy civ and utilise resources. The number of caravans I use and units i have wil lb etotally different than if I was trying to win myself...

Old June 10, 2000, 16:46   #24
Rasputin00

It is interesting to read the comments above re my civ after it was run by another, whilts I understand why they were stated, I must totally disagree with them for this game. My civ has been setup as part of an allaince not as a single civ trying to win. I am experimenting a little in this game with this setup as I beleive that in this type of game where an allaince can win , that for a strong allaince you need differing type sof civs, if we all follow the same old boring paths of research and city develpoment then we will end up competing with each other. In this game the player to land on AC doesnt win alone, he will have his allaince with him or her.
So as an experiment I qm taking a completely different tack re the way I am going to manag emy civ and utilise resources. The number of caravans I use and units i have wil lb etotally different than if I was trying to win myself...

Old June 10, 2000, 17:40   #25
hydey

Once again I get myself up at 7:30 Sunday morning (the only day I can sleep in) for this diplo game. No-one has posted that they can't make it or even sent an ICQ message,so it must be on.

No wrong again ,people are just to stupid to let other's know that they are unavailable.

To avoid futore anger I will only turn up if all players post that they will be here,if one person doesn't post from now until I go to bed next Saturday night ,I will stay in bed.

I hope this is simple enough for you all

I am available next Sunday morning only if all players post

Thankyou for those who will even bother to read this

Old June 10, 2000, 18:23   #26
Empress
The Empress

I finally got to a computer. I will not be able to make it. sorry. Who else didn't show?
Old June 10, 2000, 20:18   #27
finbar
Emperor

Jeez, Hydey, got out of bed early and on the wrong side.

------------------
finbar
Mono Rules!
Old June 14, 2000, 03:47   #28
Rasputin00

I wont be here Sunday working dayshifts .... SORRY

I am free for night game Wednesday though

Old June 23, 2000, 03:38   #29
Rasputin00

well i ma avaialble sunday for continuation

Old June 23, 2000, 10:26   #30
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

See if Empress is back. She was on vacation.