Old January 6, 2004, 05:46   #31
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 11:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Belvadave, here's a recent thread. The links in it are not useful.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105538

I checked at Amazon. Type in Laptop Collection. They have it in stock for $19.99 US.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000CE1L7/qid=1073382043/sr=-1/ref=sr__1_etk-vg/002-8191812-8414417?v=glance&s=videogames&n=468642

Add $5 and get free shipping. Enjoy.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old January 6, 2004, 06:31   #32
Belvadave
Settler

Local Time: 15:24
thanks for the links, but $20 seems a bit steep for such an old game, even one of SMAX caliber.... luckily i think my buddies dad just got it, and i doubt he'll be using it, so i might score it anyways.
Old January 6, 2004, 17:30   #33
Mr. Harley
Prince

Unless we hear otherwise, good old SMAC. I guess I'll have to build Energy Banks.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old January 7, 2004, 22:47   #34
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie
I've e-mailed Darsnan to see if he'd be willing to do the honours as our CMN
G.
I am going to start setting up the game tonight, and it should be done hopefully by Friday.
For 7 player games I usually recommend a small map, as "things" happen more quickly, making the early game more exciting. To keep with my tradition in 7 Player games, I plan on calling the turn tracking thread "All Human, All Conflict 3", unless someone has another preference, in which case I have no issue with calling the thread by that name. FYI.
If anyone has a preference for passwords, please PM your preference to me, otherwise I will asssign and PM you your password (Googlie I know your password already).

D
Old January 8, 2004, 01:42   #35
Mr. Harley
Prince

Darsnan, I hope I'm not showing bad etiquette asking this. I've tried smaller maps, and know that things can happen a bit fast. As Belvadave is new, maybe go with a map that's a little larger? I've experimented with Gaians on small maps and know I don't have a bad faction for that size.

Thanks - Shawnmmcc
Old January 8, 2004, 03:38   #36
Belvadave
Settler

great to see your name on the thread darsnan, thanks for cmn'ing. i'll play whatever the majority of the players want to as far as map size is concerned. like shawnmmcc said, i'm new, so i'd rather play whatever the veterans would suggest is better, taking their experience into consideration.
i can't wait to start on this, so thanks again darsnan.
Old January 8, 2004, 14:15   #37
Toiletman
Settler

Lo there Darsnan, thanks for CMN'ing!
what about a normal sized map? Btw I'm doing a system upgrade somewhere next week... so if I'm a bit slow then, that's probably the cause. I got Smac right here though, so it will be installed rapidly.
Old January 9, 2004, 13:12   #38
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by shawnmmcc
Darsnan, I hope I'm not showing bad etiquette asking this. I've tried smaller maps, and know that things can happen a bit fast. As Belvadave is new, maybe go with a map that's a little larger? I've experimented with Gaians on small maps and know I don't have a bad faction for that size.

Thanks - Shawnmmcc
np on my end if you want a different map - its you alls game. I'm just expressing my opinions on the subject.
So as to make sure I get all the pertinent information for setting up this game, can someone summarize in one post exactly what you want for this game, and I can then build it accordingly?
I have some turns to push tonight, but if I see the summary post, I may be able to finish setting up the game tonight. FYI.

D
Old January 10, 2004, 02:57   #39
Belvadave
Settler

here's what i've gathered from the posts...

Themonger : Morganites
Jamski : University
googlie : spartans
shawnmmcc : gaians
Crisler: believers
belvadave: PeaceKeepers
Toiletman : hive

the votes show the leading choices are :
tradional start
no tech by conquest
all victories enabled
no restarts for elimated players
directed research
map size and conditions seems to be leaning toward normal everything

if any one disagrees on these conditions, or wants to cast a vote for an option, i'd suggest posting quickly so as not to hold up darsnan. otherwise, i'm fine with these settings.
Old January 10, 2004, 12:28   #40
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

OK, I'll see about getting it set up tonight then. Also, it looks like this is SMAC, so unless I hear totherwise it will be a SMAC game.

D

-=Vel=-
Old January 10, 2004, 19:59   #41
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

The game will be ready shortly. However, I don't have shawnmmcc's E-Mail address, and so will be PM'ing him for his address.
The thread will be called "All Human, All Conflict 3". Game settings will be posted in the thread when it is created, and I will PM everyone their passwords (except Googlie, who already knows his pw).

D

-=Vel=-