Old January 3, 2004, 14:34   #2
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 15:29
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Thank you nuclear master- that is very useful

but I think you left off the "Units" thread run by Jon Miller...

Hmm... I think we might need a "The Map" threadmaster now that I think about things... there have been a lot of discussions about maps.
Old January 3, 2004, 14:42   #3
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

also, you seem to have two civilizations threadlists on your list- the OFFICIAL one is this one:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=103821

thanks
Old January 3, 2004, 17:37   #4
DarkCloud
staff

And also, just a message to most people- could you please refrain from putting {the list} in your thread titles unless you are a threadmaster- that way it's easier for people to see which are 'official' threads that will DEFINATELY be compiled and looked at and which are spin-off threads that, though good- focus on solely one topic of a larger thread.

thanks!
Old January 4, 2004, 08:16   #5
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 17:29
Listen to old, wise DC young lads, he's a smart guy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good summary, NM.
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2004, 08:30   #6
Lambiorix_be
Spore
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
And also, just a message to most people- could you please refrain from putting {the list} in your thread titles unless you are a threadmaster- that way it's easier for people to see which are 'official' threads that will DEFINATELY be compiled and looked at and which are spin-off threads that, though good- focus on solely one topic of a larger thread.

thanks!
What is the exact importance of '{the list}'? I created some new threads but did not add {the list}. Does this mean it won't be looked upon?
Lambiorix_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2004, 17:59   #7
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
What is the exact importance of '{the list}'? I created some new threads but did not add {the list}. Does this mean it won't be looked upon?
No, your threads will be looked at.

The importance of {the list} is that those threads are created by threadmasters specifically to designate that the thread is a collection of ideas on a single master-topic that covers a broad selection of ideas...

Each threadmaster will compile all the ideas posted in {the list} thread and any other relevant thread-spinoffs started by others (Such as the threads which you start) into a catalogue.

If you, for example, look at Nikolai's terrain thread, then you will find how he has organized everyone's ideas and prepared them to send off to Firaxis.

I hope this is enough explanation
Old January 5, 2004, 14:44   #8
Lambiorix_be
Spore
Warlord

ok thx
Lambiorix_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2004, 15:13   #9
muxec
Prince

Local Time: 18:29
I suggest adding a new list - {languages}. It will explain how the spocen language of civsitizen will be defined and how would it change. Waiting for confirmation....
Old January 6, 2004, 16:26   #10
Nikolai
Deity

A bit late now that you've posted it, eh?
You can find the list management thread here btw.
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Old January 7, 2004, 20:45   #11
treedom
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:29
the terrain link points to the wrong thread
treedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2004, 02:48   #12
Nikolai
Deity

Disastrous!

If you want me eto like you in the future, NM...
Old January 16, 2004, 20:34   #13
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Does anyone know where I can download The List for Civ3?
Old January 23, 2004, 14:20   #14
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:29
Where would disasters go?
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
chequita guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2004, 18:54   #15
Nikolai
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Does anyone know where I can download The List for Civ3?
Here
Old January 24, 2004, 07:43   #16
Kramsib
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEM
Emperor

Location: PG's ID: 0000 Founder of PROGRESSIVE GAMES. Living in Leganés (Madrid), but born in SANTANDER
Hi everyone, the Spanish Civilization Community in Apolyton has made this list of ideas for Civ IV. We want join this project with our communal contribution.

Some of us have some more ideas but we all subscribe the following list.

Quote:

MAP AND TERRAIN.

1. Terraform options.
2. Channels, straits, … (We refer to those square vortex which are passable both, naval units and terrain units, like in Civilization II ).
3. Multimap (like Civilization II Test Of Time).
4. “Add” button for creating new terrain types in the editor.
5. “Add” button for creating new square improvements.
6. Place names. It would be good to have the option to put the place names in game (and obviously when editing an scenario).
7. Sailable rivers, fords, bridges, cliffs, … for localised scenarios in reduced areas.

UNITS

8. A more realistic combat system which includes hit points and supported damage.
9. Include an option in the editor to create air units in a Civilization II style.
10. Allow barbarians to take cities. Allow negotiations with barbarians to avoid an attack or pay them to attack other civ. At least, make this an editable option in the editor.

DIPLOMACY

11. More editable options for scenarios. Not only war and locked alliances, but also mutual protection pacts, embargos, … trade exchanges too.
12. New diplomatic options like asking a civ to do an action against or in favour another third.
13. The ability to edit the attitude of every civ for a scenario.
14. The ability to trade military units, not only workers.
15. It seems a good option to extend the idea of locked alliances to other treaties, like locked embargoes or locked mutual protection pacts, …

ESPIONAGE

16. More options, bribe cities, bribe units, poison water deposit, introduce nuclear artefact.
17. Use special units for subversive actions.
18. It seems to be good to combine the Civ III diplomatic system with special units to carry out the dirtiest covert operations.

GENERAL

19. More info in the advisors’ windows. The domestic or the commercial advisor could show info about the costs per city or per kind of building, which civ we are reciving money from, which civ we are sending money, …
20. Use continuous percentages instead of intervals of tens.
21. Include an indicator of the quantity of gold accumulated and the gold left to get an advance.
22. Include more leaderheads per civ, wonder movies and animations for conquest of cities, victories, civil disorders, “we love the leader days”, advisors, …

23. EVENTS.
24. Allow the editor to modify savegames / use savegames to create scenarios.
25. Bring back the Civil Wars in which a Civ were divided into several factions when its capital was taken.
25. bis When a city is far enough from the capital city and fells in civil disorder, it could proclaim its independence, thus beginning a civil war.
26. When a city flips there should be a fight among the garrisoned units and the revolted citizens. The CTP system is a good idea to get inspired.
27. The ability to bring food to other cities.
Kramsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2004, 04:04   #17
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 01:29
Local Date: November 3, 2010
it is great to have so many wonderful ideas from our spanish brethren,,,,, keep up the good work..
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2004, 23:45   #18
DarkCloud
staff

Kramsib, it might be best if you post your ideas in the general idea thread or start another thread- or post them in the specific threads that they belong.

porque, es posible que muchos "threadmasters" no vearé este thread
Old January 28, 2004, 23:57   #19
DarkCloud
staff

Nevermind, I see you started a thread- sorry about that
Old February 1, 2004, 18:33   #20
lajzar
Prince

Local Time: 00:29
(deletia)
Is named Abdul Abulbul Amir

Last edited by lajzar; March 1, 2004 at 06:43.
lajzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2004, 11:21   #21
DarkCloud
staff

There's an official units thread, I believe. I think Jon Miller's in charge of it.

and buildings would fall under "City Improvements"
Old March 1, 2004, 05:38   #22
Kramsib
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEM
Emperor

Location: PG's ID: 0000 Founder of PROGRESSIVE GAMES. Living in Leganés (Madrid), but born in SANTANDER
I think the terrain link is wrong.

EDIT:

There is no link to the Combat List, I hope this Combat list from solver is official:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=103947

Thank you very much.

Last edited by Kramsib; March 1, 2004 at 06:20.
Kramsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2004, 14:21   #23
Trifna
King

Local Time: 23:29
Is this directory up to date? If not, it'd be useful to add the new things by contacting the thread managers and Nuclear Master perhaps.
Old March 1, 2004, 17:17   #24
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 18:29
Yup, the thread Kramsib linked to is official.
Solver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2004, 23:21   #25
DarkCloud
staff

Trifna- at most there have only been 2-3 more 'official' additions that were not added to the list.

There have been, however, many 'semi-official' additions in Asmodeans absence that have broken off from the major threads

However, UNITS is the only one that I remember
Old May 16, 2004, 13:41   #26
DarkCloud
staff

NuclearMaster, could you please update that list to include:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=114952 as the new link for the Scenario/Map Editor and http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=114948 as the new link for the Civilizations section?

And maybe, could you please alphabetically list the threads instead of in order of creation.

And, I'll help you with this, but could you please list the starter of the thread by the thread...

Thanks!
Old May 16, 2004, 13:48   #27
DarkCloud
staff

---

AI
Borders
Cheats
Civilizations........ DarkCloud
Culture
Diplomacy
Economics/Trade
Game Atmosphere
General User Interface... Frozzy
Government and Social Engineering
Movement, Supply ect.
Multiplayer
Polls So Far
Regional and City Menu
Religion
Scenario/Map Editor... DarkCloud
Technology.... Jaguar Warrior
Terrain and Terrain Improvments... Nikolai
United Nations
User Friendliness
Old May 17, 2004, 06:30   #28
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 01:29
dont forget to add my name to the culture and multipalyer as the thread master....
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2004, 10:47   #29
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 08:29
Any more edits need to be done?
Tassadar500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2004, 23:06   #30
DarkCloud
staff

Thans for the work! I'll see if I can dredge up any more official threads.

(The only one I see being a problem now- is that there doesn't appear to be an official Units thread?)