Old January 16, 2004, 11:33   #31
Jawa Jocky
Prince

Local Time: 07:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
IMHO instuctions for how to patch correctly should be posted with the course. There is a lot of confusion and that could hurt attendance.

I can't belive the AU mod isn't ready. In all the posts I've read everyone just rubber stamps all of alexman's suggestions
Old January 16, 2004, 12:12   #32
ducki
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 09:31
Actually, if we "start" today with releasing the screenshot and setup info, then it can get on the Front Page as "news" for the weekend that can say the actual game will start Mondayish. That gives us the weekend to get an initial version of the mod uploaded.
Include info about where to get the patch, link to the thread with install instructions.
Include links to the AU History 101 so new folks can go back and see how the games work.

Encourage folks to install the patch and play a game up to the FP build so they can get a feel for it as well as which civ we're going to play.

Then Monday we release the savfiles and mod and go, go, go.

That's just my opinion, others may want to wait for all the items under consideration right now, but the mod is organic, so I don't think not having all of those in would hurt the AU.
Old January 18, 2004, 23:20   #33
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:31
Local Date: November 3, 2010
The AU community waits until MrWIA is unable to Play for 3 weeks before starting.

Have fun guys... hope I catch the next one then.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old January 20, 2004, 06:50   #34
Mountain Sage
PtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 15:31
I'm just give us the patch route and the savfiles
Old January 20, 2004, 10:31   #35
alexman
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMApolyCon 06 Participants
Firaxis Games Software Engineer

Local Time: 11:31
Quote:
Originally posted by JesseSmith (Firaxis)
The ONLY reason this patch [1.15] has BETA on it is because I'm holding off on entering into the long, long, long, long, long process of working with the localization team. Not having translations for Play Last World, Enter SEED, Readme Text, Editor Additions, and Editor Help file additions is necessary for a Worldwide Simultaneous "official" Patch Release to take place.

v1.15 includes all of the patch files from 1.12 (all versions), 1.01 & 1.02 (ROW Release patches). If you patch with v1.15 then you will be completely up to date with the current version. New issues introduced in any of the versions should be posted so they can be dealt with.

I included the files that are updated with the patch in response to some requests to include this information in case someone wished to easily switch between the 2 different versions. Considering the BETA status is only due to localizations, I recommend installing the patch.

Expect the "officially localized" next patch at the end of February (a month and a half is high expectations when dealing with localizations!!) v1.15 will be posted on Firaxis.com this week. Due to internal restructuring at Atari I'm not sure how long it will take for it to be posted on their FTP site but I'm working on it!

Thanks for the support!
So if you get 1.15 from Firaxis.com (or the Apolyton mirror) this week, you shouldn't need any other patch. That should make our life easier!

So where's the publicity? A game announcement with a screenshot in this forum? News item in the Apolyton front page? A post in the Conquests forum pointing to the game announcement? Let's get moving!!

Version 1.00 of the AU mod will be ready on Friday (that's when panel members will vote on all issues currently under consideration).
Old January 20, 2004, 20:28   #36
Dominae
BtS Tri-LeaguePtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

If the voting for all the recently-posted issues is on Friday, and panel members have 24 hours to vote, the mod may not be available for use until Saturday or later.

Dominae
Old January 20, 2004, 20:44   #37
alexman
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMApolyCon 06 Participants

Hopefully, panel members will cooperate and vote first thing on Friday! There are still a couple of days to think about the vote. It would be really nice to get 7 votes for a change.
Old January 21, 2004, 07:45   #38
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:31
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by alexman

So if you get 1.15 from Firaxis.com (or the Apolyton mirror) this week, you shouldn't need any other patch. That should make our life easier!
Careful, because player1 has noticed some files installed by the 1.12 patch that aren't there in the 1.15 patch alone, one of which (the conquests .biq file) is doubtless quite important!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old January 21, 2004, 20:17   #39
alexman

Quote:
Originally posted by JesseSmith
http://www.firaxis.com/downloads_allfiles.cfm

The English version has been updated to include all of the v1.12 files.