Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 01:31
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Uber KruX
the map thing *really* pisses me off.
Me too. It's made worse by the poor zoom options.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Alexander's Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2004, 01:32   #32
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:31
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
1/6 increase in attack/defense
1/4 increase in attack/defense with the Mil Academy
Blitz
Radar (sees one extra tile)
One extra movement from slowest unit (means slowmover Armies can retreat)
Better healing in cities, cities with barracks, and in enemy territory
Pillage (without lose of movement points)
Zone of Control
Can capture units (restricted to such unit capabilities; not sure about when mixed)
Can be loaded onto a transport

Marine+Berserk Armies have not yet been addressed. Not sure about Paratrooper Armies abilities yet.
Bet you have this all memorised, too!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2004, 14:18   #33
aladdin83
Settler

Local Time: 15:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Army and Pentagon
i have recently buit the Military Academy and have created 2 army's (3 army's total i had earned one thru battle before)...while i'm constructing the Pentagon i don't see the option to form the army when in cities or out side of them. I'm in a Monarchy Government (if that helps any) ....anyone know wats up ? i was able to form army's before but not any more it seems.
aladdin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2004, 14:36   #34
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 08:31
Do you control at least 16 cities? You need four cities for each army -- if you don't have enough cities, you can't convert MGLs into armies and you can't build armies in your Military Academy city.

Catt
Catt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2004, 14:43   #35
aladdin83
Settler

thx for posting such a quick reply Cat.

I have 19 cities i'v got total of 194 units 3 armys like i stated before 1 is complete (from back in the day) ..i'v sent my new army around to other cities other then my Military academy city and tried to recruite but still won't do it ..i'm not sure wat it is i'm doing wrong.

was wondering if there was some conflict between the pentagon being built at the same time as this?

EDIT:
~~~kinda cheated~~~fast forwarded 13 turns and built the pentagon...however still my army can't hurry production or put together units

Last edited by aladdin83; March 21, 2004 at 14:54.
Old March 21, 2004, 14:43   #36
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 11:31
Yup you need 4 cities for each army and only the city with the MA will be able to build armies.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2004, 16:01   #37
aladdin83
Settler

i figured it out :P ....i guess if u'r at a city you automatically have Build army intention so i was able to load up army units ....but again not sure why i can't hurry production on wonders by army leader ...perhaps its only the leader from battle expereinces that can do that and not the ones created?
Old March 21, 2004, 16:31   #38
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 11:31
In C3C you have two types of leaders, SGL and MGL. Only the SGL can hurry great wonders. The MGL is the only one that can build an army. Both can rush most structures and small wonders.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2004, 16:32   #39
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 08:31
Quote:
Originally posted by aladdin83
i figured it out :P ....i guess if u'r at a city you automatically have Build army intention so i was able to load up army units ....but again not sure why i can't hurry production on wonders by army leader ...perhaps its only the leader from battle expereinces that can do that and not the ones created?
There are 3 different units at play here -- a military great leader (MGL), a scientific great leader (SGL), and an army.

MGL's are produced from successful battles with elite units -- in C3C, MGLs can be moved to a city where they can either rush an improvement or small wonder (but not Great Wonder), or they can form an army.

SGL's can appear in your capital when you are the first to discover a new technology. SGL's can hurry Great Wonders (and presumably small wonders and units, though I've never tried it) or can launch a scientific golden age.

Armies are produced either by the conversion of an MGL or by the Military Academy city. Once created, armies do not have any "leader-like" abilities (so they can't rush anything* or launch a scientific GA). You can load up to three units into an army; a fourth unit when the Pentagon is completed.

Sounds to me like you were trying to rush something with an army rather than a great leader.

Catt

* You can disband armies in cities just like other units -- they are worth 100 shields no matter if units are loaded into the army or not -- but the normal disband rules apply (no disbanded shields allowed towards wonders, great or small).
Catt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2004, 16:41   #40
aladdin83
Settler

Thx Catt and VX.

You were right i was trying to rush things w/ a Military Leader instead of a Great leader and i was expecting like most great leaders the army leader would have the option to "build army" thats wat got me stuck

anyway i was racing the Japanese to Newtons University ..even though i was first to start it ..seems like the Japs got more shields then i do. seeing that i can't beat them either thru production or thru espinoge / sabatoge. i have 6 turns left b4 they complete the wonder..i'm trying to pilliage the near by improvements to slow them down so i can build mine in 10 turns.

Thx again both of ya for the quick responses

PS: any tips / tricks in this situation will also be greatly appriciated.