and heres the picture..
.. of Hughs smile..
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	fight.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	60982  
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old January 5, 2004, 05:34   #32
Saras
Emperor

Local Time: 18:37
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Buy some cheap, poorly managed Lithuanian company (-ies). Have 15 mUSD in 5 years.
Old January 5, 2004, 05:40   #33
Pekka
Emperor

Saras, that's a good idea.. seriously. But weren't you some kind of money professional to begin with? Broker or something?

Anyway, yeah you can find these here, plus the workers are moderately cheap if you just pay them what they are now paid, compared to when we move more west. We could get hardcore skills from these people, and compete decently. Depends what the company does naturally.

Would you mean buying a company that is about to go bankrupt, or already is, and lift it from there or just getting a working company with just poor managment?

I'm with you on this, when I make my first million, I'll PM you, ok?
Old January 5, 2004, 05:42   #34
Pekka
Emperor

But we should do it soon I think, before the whole EU thing goes bigger.. We should take over now, so when the EU thing plays a new role, we can pump up what ever we can, also come out fists in the air with the company, challenging everyone inside the EU with cheap prices and good quality of product/service. What do you think?
Old January 5, 2004, 05:52   #35
Saras
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Pekka
Saras, that's a good idea.. seriously. But weren't you some kind of money professional to begin with? Broker or something?

Anyway, yeah you can find these here, plus the workers are moderately cheap if you just pay them what they are now paid, compared to when we move more west. We could get hardcore skills from these people, and compete decently. Depends what the company does naturally.

Would you mean buying a company that is about to go bankrupt, or already is, and lift it from there or just getting a working company with just poor managment?

I'm with you on this, when I make my first million, I'll PM you, ok?
I'm a merchant banker, which is close to broker, but not quite I am licensed by the Securities Commission, if that’s what you meant.

Companies in bankruptcy or close to it are not sexy here and in other countries with crappy bankruptcy procedures. I meant poorly managed companies that have a lot of potential, i.e., spend too much on things (like CEO salary ), are overstaffed or do fine with the cost side, but have lots of opportunities to increase sales.

Sure, drop me a note when you get your 1 mUSD
Old January 5, 2004, 05:55   #36
Pekka
Emperor

I'll get right on it then. Yeah, getting company to its feet close to bankrupcy or from there would mean paying their debts too I guess, and that has to be one promising company if you do that I guess.
I'm all about cutting the salaries and firing useless folks. We can start with secretly observing what everyone does and how things go there, mapping out the problems and possibilities, take over and huge amounts of money. I'm all for it.
Old January 5, 2004, 06:01   #37
Combat Ingrid
Prince

Local Time: 00:37
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I would give it to the mods if they restricted Pekka
Old January 5, 2004, 06:04   #38
Pekka
Emperor

Combat Ingrid, why don't you give it to me, and I'd restrict myself? How much you got on now?
Old January 5, 2004, 06:05   #39
Combat Ingrid
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Pekka
Combat Ingrid, why don't you give it to me, and I'd restrict myself?

Fair enough, but I don't have the money.
Old January 5, 2004, 06:54   #40
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 16:37
Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
Hmm....

....an indestructable, loyal supersoldier who is also great in bed would be nice.
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old January 5, 2004, 07:14   #41
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

I'd hire private dicks to follow the mods around and take photos.

Then I'd hire Industrial Light and Magic to "make the photos a bit more interesting".

Then I'd hire a super hacker to take over their accounts and post a new thread called "Pictures from Apolyton Moderators bi-annual Gay Golf Orgy".

Should get a few hits.....
Old January 6, 2004, 08:53   #42
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 17:37
With one million dollars? First thing would be to invest the majority of it in a safe product (or better to say, combination of products) that gave me financial security so the money would never be a problem again. Second would be to make sure that my girlfriend has everything she needs to be happy and third dedicate my life to what I like, which as Spiffor says would be to work, but to work in what I like and without the fear of losing the job tomorrow.
Old January 6, 2004, 09:29   #43
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 09:37
With a million dollars, first, I'd be as Pekka, throw the party, upgrade to the "LOOK IM RICH" class of electronics.

Then give some to each family member and a friend.

Give some to a charity.

Put an acceptable amount in a high-growth oppurtunity, the rest of it goes in investments with a bit less risk.