View Poll Results: Who should be one of the next Consuls?
Conmcb20 2 16.67%
OctavianX 5 41.67%
Kloreep 0 0%
Togas 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 5, 2004, 02:02   #1
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 08:37
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Consular Elections
Vote for who you think would be the best Consul. Of the three nominee's who become a Consul the one with the most votes has a 3 month term, with the second most votes a 2 month vote and so on. The election will last 42 hours.
Old January 5, 2004, 13:44   #2
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 11:37
Nuke

First of all its conmcb25 And for those of you who have asked me to change it well it has some special significance for me:

Commanding
Officer
Naval
Mobile
Construction
Battilion
Two-Five
Which is a billet I held in the Naval Reserve a few years back. Im a "SeaBee".

Second of all do we get more than one vote?

Third of all I think you meant 72 vice 42 hours, is that correct?

Should the candidates do there election pitch here or in a separate thread like the ISDG?

Thanks for doing this!

Last edited by conmcb25; January 5, 2004 at 13:49.
Old January 5, 2004, 16:05   #3
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:37
Can you vote for more than one in this poll?

I was hoping we'd be able to pick three.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old January 5, 2004, 16:30   #4
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 11:37
Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
Can you vote for more than one in this poll?

I was hoping we'd be able to pick three.

--Togas
It looks like it from the first vote

But we should put that in the first post
Old January 5, 2004, 17:32   #5
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

You can only vote for one person in this poll. We need a new poll that allows for at least 3 votes. Or we do a weighted poll such as:

conmcb25 (1)
conmcb25 (2)
conmcb25 (3)
OctavianX (1)
OctavianX (2)
OctavianX (3)
Kloreep (1)
Kloreep (2)
Kloreep (3)
Togas (1)
Togas (2)
Togas (3)

If you vote for:

conmcb25 (1)
Kloreep (2)
Togas (3)

Then:
Togas gets 3 votes
Kloreep gets 2 votes
conmcb25 gets 1 vote

Everyone get three choices only and you can't vote all Togas or all Kloreep for example. Hmm, I have a better idea! We need to have 4 seperate polls. One poll for each Candidate with the choices for each as such:

Togas (1)
Togas (2)
Togas (3)
Togas (4)

The poll will allow only one vote. So you choose either 1,2,3 or 4. 4 would give Togas 4 votes and so on. Then we tally the totals for each candidate and the one with the most votes gets spot #1 and so on. What do you think? The reason I changed from the above example is that people could vote 3 times for the same person giving them 6 votes instead of spreading it around to the other two candidates. It also allows people to choose not to vote or abstain if they don't want to choose the #2 or #3 position.
Old January 5, 2004, 18:02   #6
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

That's a very good idea BigFree. I definitely like your last option. It would be much easier to regulate than the first weighted poll, and just as simple to set up.
Old January 5, 2004, 19:13   #7
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:37
I like that last option too

Hmm, is it ethical for me to comment on the electoral system while running?
Old January 5, 2004, 19:58   #8
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 09:37
Probably not.

BigFree does have an interesting idea, but it does sound like quite a bit of trouble.
Old January 5, 2004, 20:04   #9
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 00:37
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Well done Big Free, looking forward to the new poll.

I had thought that we could run a poll here that allowed multiple selections.
Old January 5, 2004, 21:03   #10
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

It wouldn't really be all that difficult. It would just take four polls with four options apiece. Each candidate could also have their own poll to discuss their issues and platform.
Old January 5, 2004, 21:30   #11
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 09:37
And these are not easy choices. We will be well served by any three of them, I think.
Old January 5, 2004, 23:53   #12
Tassadar500
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
I like that last option too

Hmm, is it ethical for me to comment on the electoral system while running?

Kloreep-"I have an idea! Let's have private elections but have everyone tell their votes to me. And I can present who won too My vote counts as 20
Old January 6, 2004, 00:22   #13
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

NM, please lock this thread. Thanks.
Old January 6, 2004, 11:01   #14
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 15:37
I got it....
Closed Thread