Old February 3, 2004, 16:05   #91
Toni
Call to Power II MultiplayerDiploGamesBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 15:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I agree with Maq there should be 2 matches, one as host and one as joining the game.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2004, 16:43   #92
Barley
Call to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Yes lets go with two matches each.

What about the final? still best of one or any ideas on format? or do we just keep it to 1 game with above sets or maybe best of 3?

Im ready to start if no one has any objections? Whoever wants to schedule a game with me just let me know.

At least with the mini league tournament we can play games in any order.

As I siad unless any objections games start tomorrow (4/4/04) - good luck all.
Barley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2004, 16:46   #93
Barley
Prince

Oh, EPW & Daniel, may be an idea for you to both download ICQ, Toni, Maq and I use it our ICQ, my number is: 196169757
Old February 3, 2004, 16:54   #94
Toni
Call to Power II MultiplayerDiploGamesBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Ok myself and Barley scheduled a game for tomorrow, we will start our tourney game 1 at 7pm gmt.
Old February 3, 2004, 17:23   #95
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 16:42
Ok good, dont forget to report the result and post the final save game in this thread.

(i was gonna create a new thread, but i dont want to tempt fate)
Maquiladora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2004, 18:58   #96
Barley
Prince

When posting the saves/results it might be nice to give a summary of the highlights (or lowlights) of the game.
Old February 3, 2004, 19:29   #97
EPW
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power PBEMCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Team BananaCall To Power SuperLeagueCiv4 SP Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameSporeC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 08:42
i got icq: 239789627
i don't know how it works though
"Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse." -Christopher Hitchens
EPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2004, 15:30   #98
Barley
Prince

We cant start as we dont have a file with the mods including the correct starting techs and graphs still on… and other changes ive forgot.

Can someone post a file we can all use please.
Old February 4, 2004, 15:54   #99
Barley
Prince

Err sorry we are playing no graphs but need the mod with nothing from ruins and the starting techs.
Old February 4, 2004, 15:54   #100
Barley
Prince

Err sorry we are playing no graphs but need the mod with nothing from ruins and the starting techs.
Old February 4, 2004, 15:55   #101
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Directions -

Extract to your main CtP2 directory, by default it is something like ... Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2 and OVERWRITE your old files...

Difficulty - Impossible
Barbarians - Ruins Only

Use ONLY these settings.

PS I assume we're all using the English version of CtP2 so there should be no problems.
Old February 4, 2004, 15:58   #102
Maquiladora
Emperor

PIECE OF ****ING **** DIDNT ATTACH
Attached Files:
File Type: zip tournament_rules.zip (28.1 KB, 9 views)
Old February 4, 2004, 16:00   #103
Barley
Prince

Sorry for the double post (cant believe you got in between Maq lol)

Should there have been a file attached to your post?
Old February 4, 2004, 16:01   #104
Barley
Prince

lol
Old February 4, 2004, 16:04   #105
Maquiladora
Emperor

Actually theoretically my post shouldnt be in-between looking at the times, it mustve travelled through time, along with that PIECE OF ****
Old February 5, 2004, 11:44   #106
Maquiladora
Emperor

Double post.
Old February 5, 2004, 11:44   #107
Maquiladora
Emperor

Oh and i forgot,

2000 Starting gold (to buy one unit)
Doughnut Map (to speed things along)

?
Old February 5, 2004, 13:25   #108
Barley
Prince

Toni and I started our 1st game yesterday and are about 5 hours into it, turns are slower than normal as it seems we are both concentrating given there is a lot at stage. Not going to divulge whats happened or planned but will post a game report after it finishes.

Oh we were not sure of the starting gold and started with 3000, don’t think it makes much difference but in future will use the 2000.

Game continuation is set for tonight (though I only have an hour or two now). We will no doubt get a long stint in on Friday if Toni is available.

League Table (3 points for a win?)

Toni - Played 0 – Won 0 – Lost – 0 - (Draw – 0) – Points 0
Maq - Played 0 – Won 0 – Lost – 0 - (Draw – 0) – Points 0
Daniel - Played 0 – Won 0 – Lost – 0 - (Draw – 0) – Points 0
EPW - Played 0 – Won 0 – Lost – 0 - (Draw – 0) – Points 0
Barley - Played 0 – Won 0 – Lost – 0 - (Draw – 0) – Points 0

Remember its two games against each player, so each hosts 1 of the games.
Old February 5, 2004, 23:31   #109
EPW
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power PBEMCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Team BananaCall To Power SuperLeagueCiv4 SP Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameSporeC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

I'll be free after 11PM GMT Friday and after 8PM on the weekand to play
"Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse." -Christopher Hitchens
Old February 6, 2004, 14:54   #110
Maquiladora
Emperor

Ill be in nlink lobby at 11pm GMT, EPW.

I was in nlink lobby last night with 3 others and we all had problems joining games with ANYONE else, so i hope its better tonight.
Old February 6, 2004, 16:10   #111
Barley
Prince

Meant to say in my last post>

Thanks for all your hard work Maq setting up the settings voting, providing the Mod etc.
Old February 6, 2004, 18:19   #112
Maquiladora
Emperor

It was you who suggested another tournament, i just spammed abit. Besides, we've hardly started it yet.
Old February 7, 2004, 00:08   #113
Maquiladora
Emperor

Maq(Host) v EPW - Maq Win

We had a loooong constant war starting with the odd Warrior, meeting after about 70? Turns, then with Knights only over Tundras and Forest. Basically came down to who could out-produce who in the end, and i think EPW got cornered on his part of the continent so i ended up with a couple of extra cities, but he definately surprised me with some early 20 Knights.

Last save attached.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip maq_v_epw_680ad.zip (125.5 KB, 9 views)
Old February 7, 2004, 00:44   #114
EPW
Emperor

It was a good game, though it took an hour before my internet connection would stabilize. I could never get my armies to Maq's cities but we had some exciting battles in the tundras seperating our civilization's before Maq finally broke through.
Old February 8, 2004, 00:04   #115
Barley
Prince

News update.

Quimby may be in the tournament, im not 100% but if he is then that makes 6 of us. Maq, Toni & I are ok for him to join if he want? I trust that’s ok with the rest of you…

2 Games have now been played (I just lost to Toni after a 25 hour epic struggle).

Here is the current league table and ranking (im assuming we stick to the table format now even though there are 6 of us?)

Toni - Played 1 – Won 1 – Lost – 0 - (Draw – 0) – Points 3
Maq - Played 1 – Won 1 – Lost – 0 - (Draw – 0) – Points 3
Daniel - Played 0 – Won 0 – Lost – 0 - (Draw – 0) – Points 0
Quimby - Played 0 – Won 0 – Lost – 0 - (Draw – 0) – Points 0
EPW - Played 1 – Won 0 – Lost – 1 - (Draw – 0) – Points 0
Barley - Played 1 – Won 0 – Lost – 1 - (Draw – 0) – Points 0

Toni will post the save of our game.
Old February 8, 2004, 00:10   #116
Toni
King

Ok we just finished our game with Barley, and after 25+ hrs of game time i was able to prevail 1:0. Barley said he will summarize the game, so i leave that to him. Again Barley tx for the good game, you deserve as much credit as I. Looking forward for the next one. And here is the save of the game, I was orange and B blue.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip julius-roma-1600ad.zip (158.1 KB, 5 views)
Old February 8, 2004, 00:32   #117
Barley
Prince

Toni v Barley (4/1/04 – 8/4/04) – game time 25 hours approx.

Game summary and highlights…

Wow it was a game and a half, started on Wednesday and we found ourselves on islands quite close but with both of us seeming to concentrate on early expansion to Monarchy there were no real wars. I put a few skirmishing forces on Toni’s island to try and worry him but these came to nothing.

I felt I may have the jump on Toni science and production wise as I got the Theater bonus pretty early, had some nice plains and mountains near my first cities so quickly assembled an assult force of Catapults and Pikemen only to find that Toni had a shed load of Fire Terrines. Stopped me in my tracks…

Tony was able to land some forces and sack a city early on as my units didn’t have the mobility of his, I wont go into his strategy in detail as im sure he’d love to show you in up coming games lol.

Mid game – well from then on it was *** for tat assaults against each others islands, we both had large naval forces but Toni strategy came off the better, by now we were fighting with Ships of the Line. I ran away with my tail between my legs and set up fortifying my island for the expected assault. Thing was although we were only 4 squares apart neither of us seemed to be able to amass sufficient force to make a decisive attack. By mid way I was struggling with my island a bit as the plains had quickly turned to forest, swamp and jungle so expanded onto an adjacent island which at that time I didn’t know was joined to Toni’s having lost the mid game naval war I found it hard to defend and lost 3 new cities.

Towards the later stages we were both making pin ***** attacks with Cavalry, I managed to beat off about 4 assaults but lost cities temporily for 1 or 2 turns, it was then revenge time and I went straight for his capital, had to make a bit of a diversion to avoid being spotted but was able to take the city. It wasn’t going to be for long but it was good to know I was making him feel the pinch.

Towards the end of the game it was the same old story, naval power struggle on the straits between us, it came down to a question of timing and unit positioning. It was a very close game all the way but Toni eventually succeeded in discovering tanks 15-20 turns before me and as we all know, Tanks is game over if your behind on science. Though I had a good naval force I didn’t have enough ships to completely stop his force (as I later found out). Though if one of my boat stack was 1 turn nearer we would have been fighting about 35-40 boats each and I would have drawn the all important first blood.

Eventally Toni landed his tanks on my main island and there was no way I could defend them. It didn’t help that 2 turns previous id landed the bult of my forces on part of his island though these were some turns away from even being within range to attack.

Overall…….. Possibly the best Multiplayer game of CTP2 ive ever had. If people want to know why multiplayer games are better than AI then look no further. What fun, excitement.

A Classic.

Well done Toni – good win. (I hope for revenge on the return leg).
Old February 8, 2004, 00:35   #118
Barley
Prince

eek, should say: Toni v Barley (4/1/04 – 8/1/04)

I will be on ICQ / lobby tomorrow (Sunday) 5pm – 7pm GMT if anyone want to arrange a tournament game.
Old February 8, 2004, 09:25   #119
Maquiladora
Emperor

Quimby said he would join and he has the tourney rules so now we have 6 again. We may aswell continue with the league structure, now that we've already played 2 games, plus in the end it makes it more fair to play everyone.

I will finish off a second non-tourney game with Quimby later and we might start our first Tourney game afterwards, if we have time and hes confident with the new rules.

By the way, no need to have "points" if its only win and lose. Also it would be nice to have a 3rd deciding factor for the league, although i cant think of a fair way of doing it yet.
Old February 8, 2004, 09:32   #120
Maquiladora
Emperor

By the way that sounded like a great game. I noticed you had room for another city on your island Barley, maybe room for 2 if you moved another small one over... but as we say, its easy in hindsight. A difference of 7000 Production and Tanks v Cavalry, it was probably right to stop there.