Old February 13, 2004, 18:49   #151
EPW
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power PBEMCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Team BananaCall To Power SuperLeagueCiv4 SP Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameSporeC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 08:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Thats not the right save, we had progressed quite a bit further and by that time it was clear that Barley had a substantial lead.
"Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse." -Christopher Hitchens
EPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2004, 19:43   #152
Barley
Call to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 15:42
Ah that’s because it’s the wrong file I guess sorry (as in the summary that must have been when he landed the assault earlier) I am blue. I have emailed the correct save to Maq.
Barley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2004, 20:11   #153
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 16:42
Okay heres the final one.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip barley_v_epw.zip (113.0 KB, 4 views)
Maquiladora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2004, 23:16   #154
Toni
Call to Power II MultiplayerDiploGamesBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

We just finished our game with Epw, was an interesting short game, he surrender when i landed my forces on his main island. Here is the save, Epw said that he will write the sammary, it was a short one but there were some cool moments.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip julius-roma-280ad.zip (122.1 KB, 7 views)
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2004, 23:24   #155
EPW
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power PBEMCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Team BananaCall To Power SuperLeagueCiv4 SP Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameSporeC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Toni and I played today. Game time was about 4 hours with Toni the victor.

At the start of the game I found myself on good land. 10-15 rounds into the game however I found it was a rather small island, and I could only fit 6 cities. I expanded to a near by island with three cities. Toni found me quickly and conquered my under defended expansion forthwith. The game went down from there(for me) as I failed in two or three invasions to retake the island.

I desperately tryed to expand to a large continent below my main island, but found little but forests and swamps, and had to travel quite a distance before I reached decent land. By this time Toni had a substantial lead and landed 26 knights on my main island at which point a surrenderd.

Toni posted the saved game
"Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse." -Christopher Hitchens
Old February 14, 2004, 00:37   #156
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Nice one. Maybe we should play each other 4 times the rate these matches are going lol.

Okay so until i figure out how to post tables without messing them up on the forum ive uploaded a table to seperate webspace, you can find the link to it in my signature for now. Tell me if theres any info wrong, or things to add etc.
Old February 14, 2004, 14:57   #157
EPW
Emperor

I'm availible for a game today, let me know if you want to play.
Old February 14, 2004, 15:28   #158
Toni
Call to Power II MultiplayerDiploGamesBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Epq i got time for a game as well, so what time u wona play?
Old February 14, 2004, 15:29   #159
Toni
King

lol SORRY ment EPW
Old February 14, 2004, 15:36   #160
EPW
Emperor

Is 12:30 okay with you?
Old February 14, 2004, 15:39   #161
Toni
King

yes ok 12:30pm see u then
Old February 14, 2004, 15:48   #162
Toni
King

Nice Job Maq with the ranking table, tx for doing it.
Old February 14, 2004, 16:00   #163
EPW
Emperor

Whats the crossed swords exploit? It says its one of the allowed exploits on the chart Maq made.
Old February 14, 2004, 16:33   #164
Maquiladora
Emperor

When you select a military unit press "m" and move the cursor over an enemy city, if it shows crossed swords, it means theyve got units inside, if it shows the regular circle "move" icon, then the city is empty.

Ive been testing with drulius the sourcecode patch which fixes most of these bugs and exploits (not the farms YET), and so far it looks good. We will do some more testing tomorrow and if the stability is good we might be able to use these fixes for future tournaments/matches.
Old February 14, 2004, 22:17   #165
Toni
King

Ok we just ended our 2nd game with Epw, he surrendered, so here is the save, hope he rights a summary again.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip julius-maya-1250ad.zip (153.4 KB, 6 views)
Old February 14, 2004, 22:27   #166
EPW
Emperor

Sorry I had to quit so suddenly Toni. I'll write the summary later.
Old February 14, 2004, 23:09   #167
Maquiladora
Emperor

Thats what happens when Toni gets good land

Ill update chart when you post summary EPW.
Old February 15, 2004, 02:28   #168
EPW
Emperor

EPW vs Toni (I finally hosted!)Game time: about 6 hours

I started out on a decent land, on a fairly large continent. The early game was uneventful and Toni and I did not find each other for about 100? turns. Toni was located on an island north of my own seperated by deep water, though I never could explore much of his territory. Toni then sent pestering forces at my outer cities, the first of which I was able to stop, but he took and razed a city that was on a nearby island. Nothing much happened for a long period, until it became time to expand for facism.

Toni decided to make my life as difficult as possible by razing my newly built cities on an adjacent continent. he razed 3 or 4 cities before I was able to root out his forces and continue to expand. At this point I made a fatel error, I felt that he probably was ahead in developement and growth, so I decided to go all out in the science department. I used as many sceintists as possible and tryed to reach tanks before Toni invaded. I was able to get 11000+ sceince per turn and come within 3 advances of tank warfare before Toni landed 36 Cavalry on my main continent. I decided to resign at this point as my cities were virtually undefined because my production about was nill.
Old February 15, 2004, 15:26   #169
EPW
Emperor

I'm availible all day today for a game.
Old February 15, 2004, 16:51   #170
Maquiladora
Emperor

EPW im not available at present, try and get Daniel, he hasnt replied to any PM's so he may have chickened out of the Tourney.
Old February 15, 2004, 17:56   #171
Barley
Prince

Quimby (Host) v Barley - (Barley Win) Game time 10 hours approx

Summary

Quite an even game though I seemed to be leading at the start, little in the way of battles to begin with though we were reasonably close and on the same continent. Both players concentrating on development apparently at the lack of defence (as I was No1 empire and only had a few troops). When I got Knights I built a raiding force and was able to take a city though others were by then heavily guarded. I wished I had built just a few more units as I wasn’t able to push the attack any further and lost a 12 stack on a city.

Mid Game saw continued development and I seemed to be falling behind, though it was pretty close. I had scouted most of the map with boats and saw that the other side of Q’s empire was quite close to me so I built a force of Cavalry and went on the offensive. As I suspected I caught Q by surprise and the area was lightly defended, I was able to capture 5-6 cities and also destroy 3-4 new cities (we’d both just got to Facism). After taking so many cities and cutting a slice into Q’s empire he was hard pressed to muster a counter attacking force I guess and surrendered. It was pretty clear the game was over and the damage and foothold I’d achieved would have put Q behind had he been able to repel my attack.

A good game, mostly expansion orientated and not many battles but its nice to be able to concentrate on growing your empire sometimes. Well done Q.

Q will post the save.
Old February 15, 2004, 18:04   #172
Barley
Prince

Where do I find your signature Maq? / how do I get into it? Re looking at the table…
Old February 15, 2004, 18:09   #173
Maquiladora
Emperor

At the bottom of every one of my posts. Table will be updated in a sec when i have the save url.
Old February 15, 2004, 19:58   #174
Barley
Prince

Found it Maq, thanks. Gosh that’s a well cool table – excellent work.
Old February 16, 2004, 21:12   #175
Toni
King

Today we finished our 2nd T game with Quimby he surrendered, i will try and write an summary later. Here is the save.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip osman-turk-1535ad.zip (166.1 KB, 5 views)
Old February 17, 2004, 03:57   #176
Toni
King

Toni vs Quimby (Toni win)
We had a good game with Quimby, we started off far apart, he was located in the north of me. Soon after we started Quimby found my civ and tried to capture 1-2 of my cities which I just had placed there, fortunately for me I was able to build units just in time to push him back, then I tried doing the something to him. Was a little bit worried at that time, because my land wasn’t at all playable, from city # 6 on I had to place them on really bad land, so I though maybe that I should try and surprise attack Q and capture some cities, but that wasn’t an success, so the only thing I had left was to try and play on, so from there on the game took a more development style, with little if any battles.
I was able to pull ahead in science, so that gave me time to fix my land and make it grow. Soon after we both got Fascism there were a couple of sea battles with SOF, Quimby surprised me with his 10 ships which he had scouting my coastal cities, but by that time I already had submarines and killed them all. So after that I blockaded most of his coastal cities with my ships, and that way keeped him from any further attempts to attack me, the only other way was through the tundra between us, but that was a long shoot, soon after I established myself as a MASTER AND COMMANDER of the seas I went on the offensive and took four of his coastal cities, Quimby tried to retake them but lost half his available units in the attempt, so soon after that he surrendered, he said he couldn’t keep up, so that was it. Good game Q..
Old February 17, 2004, 05:25   #177
Maquiladora
Emperor

Table updated.

Quimby/Barley, i still need the save from your last game.
Old February 17, 2004, 08:44   #178
Barley
Prince

I don’t have a save from it, Q was host. Q?

Im free for a game tonight from about 7.30 GMT, Maq, I havnt played you yet, when may you be free?
Old February 17, 2004, 16:08   #179
Maquiladora
Emperor

Im free most days before 7pm GMT.
Old February 17, 2004, 23:13   #180
EPW
Emperor

I do not think I will have any time to play tommorow, hopefully Thursday or Friday.