Old March 2, 2004, 17:33   #211
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 16:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Also can i ask everyone to put their settings at the fastest possible, if they havent already. Like max unit speed, max combat speed battleview and probably no music too etc. We all seem pretty fast but these things are pointless waiting for in MP.
Maquiladora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3, 2004, 09:13   #212
Barley
Call to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 15:42
Ok Maq, see you Sunday at 2pm.
Barley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2004, 22:04   #213
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Okay me and Barley finished our game - Barley won.

I started in a pocket of good land (room for 10 cities i think) and Barley started on an island with room for 10 cities (i didnt know he was on an island until the end). We met quite early with no fighting just exploring. Then i attacked one his frontier cities with 6 Knights, and disbanded the small city. (he rebuilt it as 'Winchester1' on the save).

Then everything went quiet for a hundred or so turns, then i landed 24 Knights next to 2 small cities and took and disbanded those, but at this time Barley had Cavalry and killed my Knights, the dedication of my civ to that attack probably turned the game back into Barley's favour.

If i knew he was on those islands i dont think i wouldve surrendered, but alas these things happen. (although Barley will say he wouldve won anyway )

Good game Barley. I look forwward to the rematch.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip barley_v_maq_720ad.zip (134.5 KB, 6 views)
Old March 8, 2004, 22:46   #214
Maquiladora
Emperor

Okay so we were discussing in game that perhaps we should have a new Tournament. Toni is clearly the winner of the league stage and a final between 1st and 2nd would be unfair to Toni i think, especially if 2nd place wins lol

We can have a vote on it so we are all comfitable with it. I vote for a new one, i will still play against Barley tomorrow and continue games until we have all votes.

If we can get hold of 1 more player we can have a 2v2 Tournament, which is alot more fun.
Old March 9, 2004, 00:57   #215
EPW
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power PBEMCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Team BananaCall To Power SuperLeagueCiv4 SP Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameSporeC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 08:42
I vote for a new too, its fairly clear what positions we will be in if we do finish. I think a fresh start would be the way to go, though I would be happy to finish the current tournament.

Maq, I should be availible around 9pm gmt on wednesday to finish our game.
"Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse." -Christopher Hitchens
EPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2004, 15:37   #216
Barley
Call to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Im happy to confirm Toni as winner, he has won the league section already and agree it would be unfair to have a play off.

In addition to a new tournament what are your thoughts on having a gameleague like a league table but not tied to everyone playing everyone at certain times more of a play who you want and when with the results gaining certain points against set criteria.

Im not sure how the criteria would work but im thinking along the lines of certain points for the winner, with bonus’s for population size/production output, no of cities, game score etc divided by turns taken. The score could then be weighted depending on the players respective table positions i.e. if you beat someone higher than you you get more points. I think there was something like this in the Guardians clan gameleague.

There would be benefits in having such a league as it would attract players that cannot commit to playing at set times, every week or month even. You could also have one off games.

Let us know what you think and if you like the idea some ideas on how the rules could work.
Barley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2004, 16:01   #217
Toni
Call to Power II MultiplayerDiploGamesBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that Cloud will be joing the new Tourney or new League, so it will be much more interesting this time, talked to Mazaika, he will join as at a later day somewhere May, so maybe a League will be better to have. Afcourse am up for any decisions.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2004, 00:54   #218
EPW
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power PBEMCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Team BananaCall To Power SuperLeagueCiv4 SP Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameSporeC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 08:42
That sounds like a good idea Barley, though I would be against doing away with tournaments altogether. We could tie in the tournaments with the leagues by having point bounuses for the winners like: 1st place: 5 points, 2nd place: 4 points and so on.

Congragulations Toni on your victory
"Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse." -Christopher Hitchens
EPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2004, 08:59   #219
Toni
Call to Power II MultiplayerDiploGamesBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Thx Epw
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2004, 11:49   #220
Maquiladora
Emperor

Yeah, well done Toni

So for the 2nd Tournament we have,

Barley
Cloud
EPW
Maquiladora
Quimby
Toni

Mazaika (tbc again)

Do we have a 2v2 short Tourney or do we form a league and start with that? We could possibly start the 2v2 Tournament, and the team not playing can play each other in the league. This is upto the rest of you to decide if its too much to take on.

I would probably prefer to have 2v2 Tourney now, and when thats completed perhaps Mazaika will join and the League can start afterwards. This gives us time to get all the rules in order.

Also what do we all think about using the sourcecode fixes? They fixed the rushbuy, right-click and crossed swords bugs and ive played a long MP test game against drulius and it seemed just as stable. Bare in mind that it includes replacing ctp2.exe, so you will require the CD to play.

EDIT: Took the Tournament table out of my signature, you can find it HERE now.

Last edited by Maquiladora; March 24, 2004 at 14:42.