Old January 6, 2004, 18:41   #1
Barinthus
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 07:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Civ3/Gold/PTW/Conq
My apologizes if this has been posted somewhere else which I'm sure. However I've not been able to find it.

Question 1: What's difference between CivIII Gold and Conquests? From what I understood, Civ III Gold has PTW enclosed and from some of my readings, it appears that Conquests also have PTW enclosed. Is this correct? Would I be just be better off buying orginial Civ III and Conquests since Conquests already have PTW?

Question 2: I'm not much on multiplaying so pretty much when I play Civ III I'm playing by myself. From my research, it appears that many of benefits of getting PTW and Conquests applies to multiplaying such as scenarios and so on. Is it worthwhile for me, the soloplayer, to purchase those expansions?

Many thanks!
Old January 6, 2004, 19:09   #2
SirOsis
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 16:42
Re: Civ3/Gold/PTW/Conq
Quote:
Originally posted by DataAeolus
My apologizes if this has been posted somewhere else which I'm sure. However I've not been able to find it.

Question 1: What's difference between CivIII Gold and Conquests? From what I understood, Civ III Gold has PTW enclosed and from some of my readings, it appears that Conquests also have PTW enclosed. Is this correct? Would I be just be better off buying orginial Civ III and Conquests since Conquests already have PTW?
Civ3 gold is the original civ3 and PTW. Conquests has PTW included. You would be better off getting original civ3 and conquests.

Quote:
Question 2: I'm not much on multiplaying so pretty much when I play Civ III I'm playing by myself. From my research, it appears that many of benefits of getting PTW and Conquests applies to multiplaying such as scenarios and so on. Is it worthwhile for me, the soloplayer, to purchase those expansions?

Many thanks!
Definately worthwhile. The scenarios can be played either MP or SP and add a lot over just the epic game. The game is much richer with Conquests. It can be purchased at Amazon for $10 so there is no reason not to get it.
Old January 6, 2004, 20:25   #3
Barinthus
King

Thanks, SirOsis :-)
Old January 7, 2004, 04:14   #4
Barinthus
King

Few hours later and 40 bucks lighter, I'm now a proud owner of Civ 3 and Conquests, yay me.
Old January 7, 2004, 04:47   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:42
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Welcome to the family.

BTW there has been two Beta patches released for C3C - one very recently. Check them out, as they fix a lot of the (scant) bugs from C3C v1.00

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old January 16, 2004, 03:50   #6
aebrahim
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:42
If you have Civ3 Gold, can you install C3C on top of that? Is that officially supported?
Old January 16, 2004, 06:05   #7
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:42
Local Date: November 3, 2010
There should be no reason why not, as Conquests works on top of any version of civ, and it updates PtW to the latest version as well. All Gold is is PtW and Civ3 bundled together, unless someone who has it knows differently....

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old January 16, 2004, 09:41   #8
PrinceBimz
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by DataAeolus
Few hours later and 40 bucks lighter, I'm now a proud owner of Civ 3 and Conquests, yay me.
No wonder we never heard anything back from DataAeolus. Poor guy is probably cutt off from the real world now. Well welcome to CIV3 DataAeolus!
Old January 16, 2004, 15:44   #9
aebrahim
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
There should be no reason why not, as Conquests works on top of any version of civ, and it updates PtW to the latest version as well. All Gold is is PtW and Civ3 bundled together, unless someone who has it knows differently....
I'd be interested to hear from someone who's running C3C on top of Civ3 Gold, or at least someone who knows for 100% sure that this is going to work.

Thanks for all your replies.
Old January 16, 2004, 17:25   #10
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 11:42
C3C will remove the PTW component and then install its own version. It will ensure compatibility.
Old January 16, 2004, 17:51   #11
Antrine
Prince

Local Time: 15:42
I am running C3C on top of Civ3 Gold and I am 100% sure it works. As well I have beta copies up to 1.15 with the other beta underneath one on top the other. No problems what so ever. I bought them both the same day and have never had any Civ3 before. Truck on
I'll send you elsewhere