Old January 6, 2004, 20:08   #1
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 09:43
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Are You a Liberal? True/False
Have you ever wondered if you're really a liberal? Well, wonder no more! Just take this nifty little true/false quiz and all will be revealed!

enjoy!

1. Bush was selected, not elected...like Hitler!

2. Criminals are victims too...well unless, they steal my old Joan Baez tracks. Do you know how hard it was to get those? I'd like to kill that guy!

3. Loving America means talking about what's wrong with it incessantly and downplaying all the good things it does.

4. Howard Dean would be another great president...like Jimmy Carter!

5. Jesse Jackson is the greatest living African-American other than the first black President, Bill Clinton.

6. The French are our real allies because they love us enough to undercut our policies at every turn so we won't make any mistakes.

7. Mumia Abu-Jamal is innocent, George W. Bush is guilty!

8. I support immigration laws as long as they're not enforced!

9. Discrimination against minorities is no longer acceptable in America...unless they happen to be conservative judges waiting for confirmation from the Senate.

10. Using military force to liberate Iraq & set up a Democracy in Iraq is not justifiable on humanitarian grounds because the UN didn't approve. On the other hand, using military force to liberate Kosovo was justifiable on humanitarian grounds even though the UN didn't approve.

11. Conservatives want to pollute the environment because they love drinking dirty water and breathing filthy air.

12. Bush knew about 9/11 before it happened....yes, I'm serious! It's true, it really is...I saw it on an internet site right beside of a story about lizard people who rule the earth.

13. We should give the UN Security Council a veto over whether we use our military or not because China, France, & Russia are looking out for our best interests!

14. Jim Crow laws were a bad thing because they discriminated against people based on race and Affirmative Action is a good thing because it discriminates against people based on race.
Old January 6, 2004, 20:25   #2
Harry Tuttle
SporeScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 10:43
14. Jim Crow laws were a bad thing because they discriminated against people based on race and Affirmative Action is a good thing because it discriminates against people based on race.

Well, before the beatniks get their panties in a knot, affirmative action, while meaning well, does discriminate based on race. And no, it is not fair by any means. Try improving the grade school and high school educational systems in the inner cities first before catapulting unprepared kids into higher education. There I said it. And now for the unfair advantage argument...
Old January 6, 2004, 20:26   #3
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 05:43
let's get Sava out of the idiot box. He will score high.
Old January 6, 2004, 20:27   #4
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Re: Are You a Liberal? True/False
Quote:
Originally posted by Kramerman
Have you ever wondered if you're really a liberal? Well, wonder no more! Just take this nifty little true/false quiz and all will be revealed!

enjoy!

2. Criminals are victims too...well unless, they steal my old Joan Baez tracks. Do you know how hard it was to get those? I'd like to kill that guy!

3. Loving America means talking about what's wrong with it incessantly and downplaying all the good things it does.

5. Jesse Jackson is the greatest living African-American other than the first black President, Bill Clinton.

6. The French are our real allies because they love us enough to undercut our policies at every turn so we won't make any mistakes.

9. Discrimination against minorities is no longer acceptable in America...unless they happen to be conservative judges waiting for confirmation from the Senate.

10. Using military force to liberate Iraq & set up a Democracy in Iraq is not justifiable on humanitarian grounds because the UN didn't approve. On the other hand, using military force to liberate Kosovo was justifiable on humanitarian grounds even though the UN didn't approve.

11. Conservatives want to pollute the environment because they love drinking dirty water and breathing filthy air.

12. Bush knew about 9/11 before it happened....yes, I'm serious! It's true, it really is...I saw it on an internet site right beside of a story about lizard people who rule the earth.

13. We should give the UN Security Council a veto over whether we use our military or not because China, France, & Russia are looking out for our best interests!

Old January 6, 2004, 20:28   #5
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 15:43
0/14

I'm not as scared as I was before
Old January 6, 2004, 20:30   #6
Kramerman
Prince

Tass, you know there is no difference between 0/1, 0/14, or 0/100000000000000 right?
Old January 6, 2004, 20:31   #7
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Tass, you know there is no difference between 0/1, 0/14, or 0/100000000000000 right?
Fine.

0/10
Old January 6, 2004, 20:33   #8
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 11:43
Old January 6, 2004, 20:48   #9
Tripledoc
ACDG The Human Hive
Chieftain

"3. Loving America means talking about what's wrong with it incessantly and downplaying all the good things it does."

Name one good thing.
Old January 6, 2004, 20:50   #10
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Tripledoc
"3. Loving America means talking about what's wrong with it incessantly and downplaying all the good things it does."

Name one good thing.
I would, but I'm busy loving America.
Old January 6, 2004, 20:59   #11
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Verto

I would, but I'm busy loving America.
Old January 6, 2004, 21:01   #12
monkspider
Civilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
King

Like Sava, I'm not a liberal, I'm an independent.
Old January 6, 2004, 21:03   #13
Ogie Oglethorpe
ACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

MS, You take that back. You give us independents a bad name.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter
Old January 6, 2004, 21:05   #14
Kramerman
Prince

Yeah i know Monkspider, anyone who has the good taste to like Star Wars cant be a liberal
Old January 6, 2004, 21:18   #15
debeest
Prince

Local Time: 07:43
Huh! I would have expected to score fairly high on a test of liberalism, but the only one I think might be true is Mumia vs. the Shrub. Maybe this isn't really a very good test....
Old January 6, 2004, 21:26   #16
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Yes.

False. All criminals are victims, even ones who steal my mp3 harddrive.

False. I don't downplay the good things it does. I always have a kind word for NASA.

False. Dean's too conservative.

False, but I'd vote for him.

True.

Dunno about Mumia, but George is extremely guilty. Let's say true.

False. I don't support immigration laws.

I don't understand the reference. False. No disrimination is acceptable.

False. Set up a democracy first and then we'll talk. It's not justifiable on humanitarian grounds for reasons other than UN approval.

True.

True, but I thought of it myself.

False. Uhm, it isn't yours to give or take a way.

True AND (False LeadsTo True) == True AND False == False.

Aaaw, I'm only 5/14 liberal. Dammit.
Old January 6, 2004, 21:30   #17
debeest
Prince

Of course, Bush was selected rather than elected. Didn't mean to imply disagreement with that one, it's a slam dunk. But I'm not well enough informed about Nazi history to know whether or not that's like Hitler.
Old January 6, 2004, 21:35   #18
Ogie Oglethorpe
ACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Dang it 1 true.

'Course Bush was selected. But then again so is every president via the electoral college. Guess that means every President we've ever had is Hitleresque.

13/14

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter
Old January 6, 2004, 21:40   #19
VJ
King

1.5 / 10
Old January 6, 2004, 21:43   #20
Nubclear

If you remove the propagandistic statements out, I get 8/14
Old January 6, 2004, 21:54   #21
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Quote:
Jesse Jackson is the greatest living African-American other than the first black President, Bill Clinton.
This really isn't funny at all. It just reinforces every stereotype of conservatives being out of touch old white men.
Old January 6, 2004, 22:10   #22
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Yeah! Some of them are out-of-touch young white men.
Old January 6, 2004, 22:28   #23
Harry Tuttle
SporeScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Tripledoc

Name one good thing.
You aren't here.
Old January 6, 2004, 22:31   #24
Japher
Emperor

blah.... I'm not Liberal

Who'd of thunk it...

Lets hang some criminals!!!
Old January 7, 2004, 01:41   #25
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Japher
blah.... I'm not Liberal

Who'd of thunk it...

Lets hang some criminals!!!

10000000/.000000000000000001
Old January 7, 2004, 01:43   #26
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:

Old January 7, 2004, 01:58   #27
DaShi
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by St Leo

True, but I thought of it myself.
Old January 7, 2004, 02:44   #28
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Hold it right there buddy -- it looks like President Bush is also set with this attitude with a new proposal in legalizing illegal immigrants.
Old January 7, 2004, 02:58   #29
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 01:43
Local Date: November 3, 2010
"Are You a Liberal? True/False"

False.
Old January 7, 2004, 03:13   #30
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I ain't no stinkin' spineless liberal. I'm a radical and proud of it.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon