Old January 7, 2004, 13:22   #31
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 08:44
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaybe
Quote:
Is this real? And I'm sorry, but I've never heard of cdgroup.org
Wittlich, are you trying to say you have never even investigated the Double Your Pleasure (DyP) mod???

cdgroup.org is a good place to go to investigate it. The actual DyP mod is HERE. DyP is not for C3C, they are doing the C3C mod under the name of Rise and Rule.
Actually, no I never have Jaybe. Sure, I've played around with DyP, but I've never delved too deeply into it.
Old January 7, 2004, 13:28   #32
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 11:44
Just to add to the confusion.........
Posted by col at CDZ:

Quote:

Looks like the complainers are winning again

A new update will be available later today. I reverted the code back to how it worked in PTW & Civ3, fixed the SPHQ, and slightly reduced the OCN you have when going into the city rank calculation. (There just isn't anyway you will EVER have city rank surpass an OCN of 100+!!

v1.14 BETA
* Returned Corruption calculation to Civ3/PTW's method. However, OCN was calculating too high and has been reduced. Building a Forbidden Palace gives the full bonus back.
* Re-updated Civilopedia for FP.
* Removed MP Player # restrictions for Tiny/Small maps. WARNING: Until the terrain calculation is fixed you may receive an OOS on the 1st turn from players having the same starting locations.
* Editor: No Corruption option for Gov't Corruption Types added
Old January 7, 2004, 13:36   #33
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 16:44
Wow, fickle. I really want to emphasise again how great it is Firaxis is following this beta patch route. However I remain perplexed at their seeming complete lack of direction.
DrSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 13:37   #34
Stuie
King

Is this JUST a corruption patch? What happened to this stuff???

Quote:
Currently Targeted Items:
Planting Forests not returning shields, AI Pathfinding War Declarations w/ Invisible Units, infinite bombard, Anarchy Limited to 8 turns (weighting the roll for 3-5 turns), Religious requiring only 1 End Turn for gov't switch, Stealth Attack hitpoints listed & canceling possible, Tile Info displaying Terrain Defensive Bonus & ManMade Defensive Bonuses, Bombard Collateral Damage, load popup showing remaining movement points, worker gangs, conquest updates, civilopedia updates

Editor: setting max length of anarchy, setting combat rolls, enslaving to same unit, Debug Command for in-game reloading of Civilopedia/Scripts/Labels.txt, missing assets allowing continue into game, government-specific units, obsolete flag fixes, toggling palace popup, allowing civs existence without cities
Stuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 13:38   #35
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Well, this is not Firaxis who is releasing this beta version.
Old January 7, 2004, 13:40   #36
smellymummy
King

Local Time: 07:44
if not firaxis, and obviously not atari, then who is allowed to do that?
smellymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 13:53   #37
Slax
Prince

Local Time: 10:44
Conmcb25: What site is CDZ ? That is a joke, right?
Slax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 14:07   #38
Willem
Emperor

Re: Beta Patch 1.13 Released
Quote:
Originally posted by Micaelis Rex

* Secret Police HQ no longer gives effects when player leaves Communism
Finally! Now I can have my gov specific anti-corrruption buildings. Sure took long enough!
Willem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 14:12   #39
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Slax
Conmcb25: What site is CDZ ? That is a joke, right?
CIV III Duel Zone.

No they are a bonafide site. They are in the C3C IDG.

Im not that familiar with the site and I dont know who col is but from his post he sounded like a programmer, working on this. Read it closely.

Here is the link

Beta 1.14 at CDZ
Old January 7, 2004, 14:27   #40
Slax
Prince

Thank-you conmcb25.
Slax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 14:34   #41
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Ok, It's a lot clearer now. Thanks for the link Con.
So I guess CDZ is kind of affiliated with Firaxis - as far as beta testing goes.
Old January 7, 2004, 14:41   #42
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Ok, It's a lot clearer now. Thanks for the link Con.
So I guess CDZ is kind of affiliated with Firaxis - as far as beta testing goes.
No problem guys, if I hadn't been poking around the UN at CDG today, I would not have seen it.

I dont know about the Firaxis CDZ connection.

It could be just that particular programmer who posts there instead of here.

If it comes out today, Im sure Jesse or someone will post here.

The interesting thing is corruption is BACK to the PtW model. Does that mean RCP is back?
Old January 7, 2004, 14:48   #43
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

I think not. As I understand it (and I am far from being sure ) the intention was always to return to Vanilla/PTW model but with RCP and the palace rank exploit both removed.

In the release patch for C3C they fixed those 2 exploits but screwed up the rank calculations regarding the FP. In 1.13 they removed that bug, but the FP only worked on distance corruption without creating a new set of city ranks for rank corruption.

1.14 will hopefully be the original model (FP provides a new set of city ranks) with RCP removed, and no palace rank exploit - that is you wont be able to get a load of cities with rank 1 with a certain palace placement.

Last edited by DrSpike; January 7, 2004 at 14:55.
DrSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 14:50   #44
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Yep the last would be ideal, lets keep our fingers crossed :crossfingers:
Old January 7, 2004, 15:08   #45
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

alright. i'll just wait for someone i know to post a patch. this is getting rediculous.
Old January 7, 2004, 15:13   #46
JimMac
Prince

I think this is an interesting quote from COl, who does seem to be a programmer;-

For what its worth, I think Jesse and Soren's preferred corruption model was 1.13. Thats the way the FP was always intended to work in Civ3 and PTW. It was actually broken in those releases but people didnt realise for a long time until the deconstructors got to work.

Now we know how the FP was supposed to work!
JimMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 15:26   #47
The Slayer
PtWDG2 Latin LoversC4WDG Spamyard TeamSpanish Civers
Emperor

This is crazy...... 1.13 today and 1.14 also?

I think we must update just to 1.12, the only patch that we had official news, until Jesse appears and tell as which is the final patch.
Alexander the Great
The Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 15:28   #48
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 12:44
well, i have to agree with Uber: this is getting ridiculous... i will wait for some "official" word on the patch...
Old January 7, 2004, 15:54   #49
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

It is confusing isn't it?
Old January 7, 2004, 16:00   #50
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 09:44
According to Jesse's original post, the final patch won't come out until June. They have plans to release the beta patches until the final patch.

You need 1.12 to patch to 1.13. I haven't seen 1.14 yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if you need 1.13 to patch to 1.14.
kring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 16:30   #51
Kuciwalker
Deity

Quote:
* Editor: No Corruption option for Gov't Corruption Types added
Old January 7, 2004, 17:10   #52
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:44
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Just do what I do - have every version of the game installed for a few months.

1.14... as soon as I get home, BRING IT ON!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 19:00   #53
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I will give them another day and see what happens.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 19:11   #54
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 17:44
Well I would call 1.12 an official beta patch since it can be downloaded from www.atarisupport.com.

And I would call 1.13 an unofficial beta patch since it can only be donwloaded from some forum, thanks to good will of one of the programmers to share it.
player1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 21:57   #55
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Apparently, the orginal 1.13 is at CFC, and is semi-official in that Jesse wants us to test it. He indicates that 1.14 should be out later today (probably already is).
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
chequita guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2004, 04:42   #56
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:44
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I think it is already tomorrow for the US, and no patch yet. No further posts at that site linked to by con either.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2004, 10:53   #57
Fatwreck
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 17:44
it´s still pretty early US time am I right?
Your method equals wipe out
Fatwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2004, 11:11   #58
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 12:44
now i'm confused... this new patch is 1.14 or 1.13? the civ3 page here at Poly mentions a 1.13 version, not the 1.14...
Old January 8, 2004, 11:21   #59
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Posted by Skyfish this morning at CDZ:

Quote:
So ?
No 1.14 ?
Reply posted by col who we assume is a programmer, I could be wrong there.

Quote:
It looks like Jesse is pausing for breath and thought. Maybe he's having second thoughts about going back to the ptw FP model since there were many people who have argued for the new model. I think he's a bit taken aback by the volume and quality of the feedback.

He says the next unofficial update will be postponed until the end of the month with an offical patch at the end of February.
I assume Jesse is Jesse Smith.

The thread at CivIII Duel Zone is Here

Looks like we should play and comment on 1.13 and wait for a 1.14
Old January 8, 2004, 12:57   #60
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
chequita guevara is offline   Reply With Quote