Old January 7, 2004, 11:59   #1
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 08:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Minister Campaigns
It's unfair just for the Consuls to be able to campaign. So ministers, post your campaign here for your respective job. It may help you get picked by the Consuls
Tassadar500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 19:20   #2
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

I promise to kick the other teams a$$es while protecting our own! I further promise that if GCA is in the game with us and that they are near enough, that they will get a 'special' a$$ kicking!
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 21:33   #3
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 11:45
Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
I promise to kick the other teams a$$es while protecting our own! I further promise that if GCA is in the game with us and that they are near enough, that they will get a 'special' a$$ kicking!

BF gets my vote. Btw BF - what are you running for?
Old January 7, 2004, 21:39   #4
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:45
Quote:
I promise to kick the other teams a$$es while protecting our own!
Woohoo! BF for MoW!

Quote:
I further promise that if GCA is in the game with us and that they are near enough, that they will get a 'special' a$$ kicking!
BF not for FAM!
Old January 7, 2004, 22:01   #5
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 11:45
OK - well my pitch. I have applied for two positions, FAM and MOI.

FAM

For those of you familiar with the ptwdg here at Poly, you may be familiar with Vox and the early days of the Vox-GS war. I can issue good public announcements.

I can also be very strategic and diplomatic in my approach to others to get what our civ needs. In the case of of the Vox-GS war, it was smoke and mirrors. If the actual military campaign had been half as succesful as our diplomatic lead-up to that war, we would be sitting pretty now.

And I fully appreciate that foreign affairs is simply an extension of team strategy, and follows its lead. But to be most effective, you need to build bridges with others. This I can do. In RL, I do it for a job. So this is a natural.

One also has to be able to communicate well. I have excellent writing skills, courtesy of a decent education, and a mother who taught English.

I am aware that our nation, and therefore its Foreign Affairs policy will likely require two different personnas over two games. In the first game, the goal will be to pick our friends quickly, and well, and then cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

In the second game, I suspect the approach will be much more subtle, amd more along the lines of a typical demo game.

And, last, but clearly not least, we will need ambassadors to the various nations. I am willing and able to work with a wide range of team members to forge a strong diplomatic corps; one that is capable of being responsive to the needs of our team, yet flexible in response to the game situation and the character of the team we are dealing with.

MoI

As with all of you - I have played a lot of Civ3. I was not a tester for C3C, although I was invited to be. To be honest, I am still picking up some of the finer points that have changed with the game, but that is coming very quickly with various pbem, MP, demo, and of course, SP games.

I have been a 'player' and effectively a MoI for Vox Controli in the past (Rhoth is now doing a suberb job)and Team Monkey . I was MoI for the 2nd Apolyton demo game - the abandoned first Viking game.

I am comfortable with the level of detail and exactness required of the MoI. And, I am aware, especially in the first game, that domestic affairs is there for two things - and two things only - first,grow quickly, and secondly, produce a military that will ensure we make it through to the second game.

I am a fan of strong food production - as population fuels shield and gold production. And, I can work with any number of civ traits to make this work.

I would work closely with any deputy ministers who are willing, and the info minister who has to make all this info available for the team.

For both these positions, I can be available for turn chats most evenings (est) and weekends. Those of you who know me will know that I am on Poly quite regularly - generally a check in the morning (7:30am est), sporadic checks during the day (yes, I have a RL and job ), and several hours each evening.

There's my pitch. All this being said, if I had my 'druthers', I'd rather pick FAM. Just love to write.
Old January 7, 2004, 22:47   #6
Tassadar500
Emperor

Let's see how well I do at this sort of thing. Just so everyone knows I am running for the Foreign Affairs Minister position. Anway enough rambling here goes nothing.

First I'll touch the subject of GCA. This is a different game then the first ISDG and anything that happened in that game means nothing in this one. So, it may even be that we become allies. I will not have the last game hinder our policy with them.

I tend to like to take the peaceful approach to things. That means sometimes we will have to suck up our dignity and do what needs to be done. However, this does not mean we will be push-overs. Not by any sort.

If we have a chat with another team I only want FAM members or Consuls to deal with the chat. The bigger the chat the more people will be assigned to the chat. And if your talking to another team and your not part of the FAM or Consul make sure to say it's UNOFFICIAL.
Tassadar500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2004, 00:27   #7
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 00:45
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Minister of the Interior

Vote 5

Vote for Paddy

1. One Citizen shall be appointed as Minister of the Interior.

That could be me….

2. The Minister of the Interior advises on the movement and usage of all workers and settlers

Oh really, well yes, from my many years at the Nevertire Front Bar, I have a vaste experience in the way Government employees should be utilised, and just where they can put their shovels and stop signs when doing road works….

3. The Minister of the Interior advises on the Science and Luxury Sliders, the treasury, and the direction of science research.

I must admit that I do not have a great deal of knowledge about science, well other then mixing cocktails. Yet having spent years in various pubs I have learnt the value of listening to varied advice.

As to luxury sliders, I am sure that we can open a few of those clubs as well.

4. The Minister of the Interior advises on the management of all city citizens.

Here I believe that my true people skills will come to the for frant, and prove why I will be such a good asset as the Publican. What?, oh yes, as the Minister of the Interior.

I will have a pub built in every town, so that the people can worship with fine hops, sugar and river water. We will then build great clubs, where bands can run-a-muk and party hard.

5. The Minister of the Interior may draw boundaries and regions within the nation and appoint governors over those regions.

I got gold stars all the way through grade school for my drawing ability.
Then in latter years, the few times I was allowed behind the bar, I furthered this skill in my abilty to draw great jugs of ice cold beer.

6. The Minister of the Interior advises on the management of all city build queues, including the rushing of projects.

OK. We pub fiends feel that we are great advisors, especially when the pub is open.

7. The Minister of the Interior may create or alter any system for naming all cities, provinces, geographic features, and so forth.

Excellent… I am sure that we will have some fun creating great names, that will achieve various targets: Inspiring our people to greatness; letting other nations know our people are inspired and great; rubbing other nations noses into issues; and having fun.

Old January 8, 2004, 02:28   #8
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep

Woohoo! BF for MoW!

BF not for FAM!

Exactly! I step in when the FAM gets tired of all the double talk and unreasonable dealings with a Civ and says "Come and get 'em boys!"
Old January 11, 2004, 13:10   #9
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 10:45
Greetings citizens of Apolytonia, I am running for Minister of Defense.

Many of you know me, and know of my work in the first demo game here at Apolyton. I was a driving force in the creation and the shaping of the game, and I was elected three times by overwhelming majority. There are various stories about me written by many people throughout old Apolytonian lore, which I still read whenever I need a laugh .

If you do not know me, I'd like to help you get to know me a bit more, for even though the Consuls make the decision here, it is the people who will give me the power.

I am a warmonger. I am not a diplomat, I am a warmonger. I fight wars, it's what I do. I simply love planning and devising tactics, and seeing them executed. As I plan them, I use my Photoshop skills to create tactical map overlays which I share with the citizenship. All my plans are voted on directly by the people, and if the simple majority of the people dislikes the plan, I'll rework it, or throw it away completely. This has actually been done before in the first demo game, when my "war chariot route" plan got shot down.

I am in favor of ressurecting the War Academy in the form of "The Apolytonian Academy of War", or "AAW". If you are unfamiliar with the concept, the War Academy is a place where pretty much any citizen can come up with a plan and bring it up for discussion. All plans and anything to do with the military can be discussed by any citizen in a War Academy thread. They are a direct connection to the SMC (or Minister of Defense, whatever), and discussion there is taken into heavy consideration when final plans are developed. I plan to start this academy even if I should lose the appointment.

I am also in favor of political parties. I'm not sure how they have developed here on Apolyton (I haven't been paying attention to the new demo game), but I believe political parties are a necessary element to any democratic system, and I will be looking to start one here, centered about war. More on that later.

I invite anyone to ask me questions, and I will answer them in a timely manner.
Old January 11, 2004, 14:32   #10
BigFree
Deity

BigFree's campaign...coming to a post near you...soon.

I have sometings to take care of today, so I will promise a full rundown at another time.
Old January 11, 2004, 23:27   #11
BigFree
Deity

Well, as promised, here's my ideas on how the MoW should be run.

I do not like the idea of political parties for this game. In real life politcal parties mess things up. Lets say you have some mebers of one party that really like an idea but most of their constituents are against it. Thus the party does not support the idea even though some members of the party like it. Having all Doves or all Hawks control what our actions are is not what I have in mind.

I would rather have everyone have an equal voice and not be tied down to certain agendas. All citizens should be heard equally with the Consuls ultimately deciding what to do.

The job that I'm applying for entails both offensive as well as defensive strategies. We must first and foremost have a ready homeland defense. The defender in Civ has the advantage so you have to direct the battles so that you get the most out of that advantage where possible. Secondly, attacking an enmey will most probably come around. Whether it's driving an attacker back to it's homeland then continuing the fight there or sending troops in through the 'back door' or being content with stopping an invasion, decisive action must be taken.

When we are not at war, we still need to be prepared for it. This is a game centered on war with diplomacy taking a larger role than it would in a SP game. We can't afford to 'trust' any one team completely. We may have to have make a few 'leaps of faith' but I would strongly reccomend against putting our Civ's empire on the line.

As far as Military strategies for Civ....well it depends on the situation at hand.

You have to consider:

Your location with respect to the other Civ's

What Civ's have available to them as far as resources.

What the other Civ's production capacity is.

What your and your opponents Civ strength's are.

The type of land will the battle be mostly fought over.

The chances of another Civ intervening.

This could go on for a long time, but you get the idea.

I thank you for your consideration.