Old January 7, 2004, 15:43   #1
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 09:46
Local Date: November 2, 2010
CC trade possibility
CC wants Eco Eng from us. Do we want to trade? If yes, when? And what to trade?

My understanding is we do not want any tech before perhaps 2154. Do we want to trade anything after that? Techs or prototype units? For example if we want their prototype units it may be better if we ask them to build them now and have them ready for trade later.

I'd like to hear some discussions before I make a poll.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 7, 2004, 18:49   #2
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

A trade sounds reasonable. Of course, I'm not entirely up to date. What do they have to offer that we want?
Old January 7, 2004, 18:52   #3
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

They were trying to offer SFF I think but we will have that from the Drones. They might also have Adap Eco which may or may not let us build theSP PEG. They may also give us Doc Init or prototype cruiser with impact marine. If anybody has any other ideas please share with us.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 7, 2004, 18:54   #4
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 01:46
Local Date: November 3, 2010
That's correct, we want to delay trading until after 2154. At that stage we'll have SOTHB (hopefully), neural grafting (hopefully), air power, and environmental economics.

After 2154, we're interesting in adapative economics with the PEG SP attached to it.

Fossil fuels that the cycon are offering we don't want, as the drones will be giving us a missile needlejet that we can prototype. We don't want to immediately tell the cycon that don't want missile units, or air power. Otherwise they'll realise we've already struck a deal with the drones and wonder how we did it so fast.
Old January 7, 2004, 18:55   #5
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

We'll probably want initative, and adaptive economics (without SP) after we started researching clean reactors. That may be turn 2157.
Old January 7, 2004, 21:06   #6
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

If we have only 1 extra tech, we can't start researching MMI.
We'll have to trade either 2 techs, or wait until we start researching MMI.

Once there, PEG a go-go!
But remember, we need loads of crawlers for Cloudbase and Cyborg.
Old January 7, 2004, 21:13   #7
Kody
Emperor

If we do get MMI first, we'll offer the cyborg factory to the drones to pacify them for losing the cloudbase. Cyborg factory costs quite a few minerals and I don't think any of the factions other than hive and drones will be able to build immediately.

MMI isn't that far away, not with another 50 extra labs becoming available next turn, and another 50 extra labs the turn after that, then we can probably squeeze some more labs if we need to. I think our tech rate will be about 250 labs per turn at the end of turn 2154.

So anyway wait until MMI starts researching for rabbiting off for extra techs. Need to check if bio-engineering is disabled by getting adapative economics. I know after MMI we can start researching bio-engineering assuming we don't do any other trading.
Old January 7, 2004, 22:42   #8
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Tech simulator open

Giving us:
Neural
Air
MMI

seeing whether getting adaptive allows the research of bio-engineering.
Kody, I may have something wrong here.
It seems we can't start Bio-Engineering UNLESS we get an extra tech.

Here's The Hive's current tech list (earlier I had traded with another faction for some tech)
Doc:Mob
CentEco
BioGen
InfoNets
AppPhys
Doc:Flex
Ethical
PlaNets
SoftHB
IndEcon
Doc:Loy
IndAuto
GeneSplice
EcoEng
Neural
Doc:Air
EnvEcon
MMI (yay)

Apparently, these are our tech choices:
Doc:Init
IntInt
CentEmp
ProgPsy
IndBase
SocPsy

Now, if I give us Adaptive, the techs are:
Doc:Init
ProgPsy
Bio-Eng
Nonlinear
Old January 8, 2004, 00:11   #9
Kody
Emperor

Indeed your right about bioengineering. We need an extra tech to allow us to research it.

Also it looks like we need to get environmental economics and secrets of the human brain then start researching neural grafting. Following turn we can accept air power.

We can't accept air power+SOTHB+environmental economics all at the same time.

Enigma, do you want to inform the drones about not being able to research neural grafting if we get air power in the same transaction.
Old January 8, 2004, 00:54   #10
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

To the Drones embassy I go!
(I just hope they read it in time)

EDIT: Scratch that. CivGaming is down like a moralless prostitute. Sending buster a PM instead.
Old January 8, 2004, 00:55   #11
Kody
Emperor

We've got 2 turns so there's time.
Old January 8, 2004, 01:27   #12
Kody
Emperor

Quote:
EDIT: Scratch that. CivGaming is down like a moralless prostitute. Sending buster a PM instead.
Civgaming should be back in a few hours. It's never down for more than a few hours from my experience. I'm not sure if buster keeps track of PMs at apolyton.