Old January 13, 2004, 09:49   #151
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 17:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Damn this village is slow... I think I better start haunting this place, hoping people will be frightened to death
Old January 13, 2004, 10:12   #152
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old January 13, 2004, 10:14   #153
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 10:53
Once again night falls on the sleepy little town of Polyton. As the villagers are deep into their slumber, Vovan is awakened by the sound of the sawmills circular saw.

"Stange," he thinks to himself that the mill would be working at this hour. He wakes up enough to realize that something must be amiss.

He throws on some clothes and wanders down to the sawmill and arrives just in time to see Jon Miller's body on the automatic pusher that feeds the large circular saw.

He dashes for the controls, but is not able to stop the machine in time. Jon Miller has been completely sawed in half from head to groin, chunky bits, bone fragments, and fresh blood stain the unswept piles of sawdust around the machine.

It is now day...who be the Mafia?!
Old January 13, 2004, 10:18   #154
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 09:53
I'm voting Alva.

Earlier I made some exaggerated comments about how slow he was in the last game and he gave no rebuttal. NOT AT ALL LIKE NORMAL.

He has been very quiet and slow to post, just like the Mafia has been slow to pick kills. I think he's the most likely suspect and would like to get the Mafia in one of our games.
Old January 13, 2004, 10:28   #155
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 11:53
Interesting. Jon Miller obviously has been playing along with the Mafia, peaking our interest, and then his usefulness over, disposed of by the Mafia.

Ghengis, I still think MattH is a prime suspect; however, since you have more experience in these games than I, I will defer to your wisdom. I will also cast my vote for Alva.
Old January 13, 2004, 10:29   #156
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 02:53
Local Date: November 3, 2010
While MattH does look suspicious, Alva even moreso does.
Old January 13, 2004, 10:45   #157
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Good death. It's nice to see some more originality.

And I have to agree Alva has acted suspiciously so he gets my vote also.

RAH
Old January 13, 2004, 10:50   #158
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Do they get a bonus prize if the vote is unanimous?
Old January 13, 2004, 11:03   #159
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 15:53
Alva looks like he'll be voted whatever, and while I'd never defer to Ghengis's judgement, I he has been suspiciously quite, and had posted just before this was announced.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 13, 2004, 11:04   #160
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

DOCPILE ALVA

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 13, 2004, 11:22   #161
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
while I'd never defer to Ghengis's judgement,
/me writes "Drogue" onto his list.

Fortunately it appears to have an opening as the former entry of "Alva" appears to be leaving said list.
Old January 13, 2004, 11:35   #162
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Actually, last time you made us try to believe the mafia was Alva, the GM. You have spammed here a lot (more than most) which indicates interest. You were the first to post after the news of the killing, very quickly with a vote, showing that you were trying to lead the villagers in who to kill. You even have a hitlist. And since I despise docpilling (it's been been right, and is usually led by the mafia to try to make us kill someone else):

My vote changes to Ghengis.

Alva: 4
Ghengis: 1

Last edited by Drogue; January 13, 2004 at 12:02.
Old January 13, 2004, 11:47   #163
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
And since I despise docpilling (it's beer been right, and is usually led by the mafia to try to make us kill someone else):
Got something on your mind Drogue? Going out tonight?
Old January 13, 2004, 12:07   #164
Drogue
staff

Just too much time in the Rec Commons I think

Old January 13, 2004, 12:18   #165
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Hmm, who starts the piling? Yes, maybe that should be considered.
But I must admit, in the first couple of games, I would do anything I could to encourage it, (for anybody other than I) just to try to save my own ass.
Old January 13, 2004, 12:30   #166
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Drogue sounds far to calculating to be completely innocent. Hmmmmmmmmm.
Old January 13, 2004, 12:30   #167
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Villagers:

Spiffor -
Rah - Alva
MattH -
Jamski - Alva
GhengisFarb - Alva
Skanky Burns - Alva
Nikolai -
Zopperoni -
Kassiopeia -
Guynemer - Alva
Drogue - GhengisFarb
Alva -
vovan -

Not among the living:
ADG - Killed by Mafia (round 1)
Pave - Killed by villagers (round 1)
Jon Miller - Killed by Mafia (round 2)

Votes:
Alva - 5
GhengisFarb - 1
No vote - 7
Old January 13, 2004, 12:55   #168
Zopperoni
Age of Nations TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

I'll go for Alva as well then...
Old January 13, 2004, 13:00   #169
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Guynemer
Ghengis, I still think MattH is a prime suspect; however, since you have more experience in these games than I, I will defer to your wisdom. I will also cast my vote for Alva.
I gave my reasons for why I suspect Alva. What reasoning do you have for MattH?
Old January 13, 2004, 13:06   #170
Jamski
Deity

Because he was silent for ages?

Mafia 6 - Village of flower arranging evening classes !

-Jam
Old January 13, 2004, 13:06   #171
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

IIRC, if we take the Mafia now, a new will be elected, right? Will we know it then, or does the game just flow further along? Hope we get some notice on it. Anyway, while Ghengis is suspicious, I take thee bait. Let's hang alva in the nearest three!
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old January 13, 2004, 13:20   #172
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Drogue sounds far to calculating to be completely innocent. Hmmmmmmmmm.
How is calculating a suspicious thing? I am a game theorist, calculating about games is what I do. If you suspect without reason you are seen as trying to pass the blame, if you suspect with reason you are seen as calculating.

And every time someone accuses you, you seem to try to pass suspicion back onto them. Defend yourself against alligations, but simply trying to deflect it back shows that you're just trying to pass the blame and kill others. Even if you're not the mafia, you're trying to get others killed without provocation, which makes you bad enough to be hanged in my book

Old January 13, 2004, 13:22   #173
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by rah
Hmm, who starts the piling? Yes, maybe that should be considered.
But I must admit, in the first couple of games, I would do anything I could to encourage it, (for anybody other than I) just to try to save my own ass.
But the mafia will probably tru harder than anyone else. They have more at stake, and because of their exulted position in the game, will likely browse it more, so post sooner in each day, if not more. The first post in that day usually decides the docpiling.

Old January 13, 2004, 13:59   #174
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 18:53
GhengisFarb.
Old January 13, 2004, 13:59   #175
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue

And every time someone accuses you, you seem to try to pass suspicion back onto them. Defend yourself against alligations, but simply trying to deflect it back shows that you're just trying to pass the blame and kill others. Even if you're not the mafia, you're trying to get others killed without provocation, which makes you bad enough to be hanged in my book
But your reasoning only applies to your behavior. I announced why I suspected Alva and the reasons supporting that claim. Alva had not once voted for me or suggested my name. My proposal was based on evidence and mannerisms of the suspect in question.

Your own definition that would apply to me doesn't apply to me. It applies to you though. Which would appear as though your own subconscious is trying to confess for past misdeeds. Are you the Mafia?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikolai
IIRC, if we take the Mafia now, a new will be elected, right?
Hmmm. That may be correct. Perhaps we should docpile Alva after the respawn Mafia time period is up. We could docpile Drogue this turn.

Possible reasons for Drogue being the Mafia:

He appears to be quite sure that Alva isn't the Mafia, who but Spaced and the Mafia would know for sure?

His own definition of the actions of the Mafia only applies to him. Meaning he is his own best definition of the Mafia.

His posts have been slight incoherrent and full of typos. This would most likely hold true for any orders he might have sent to Spaced, therefore the interpretation of the mispelled names is what's slowing the turn around time and not the absense of the Mafia.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; January 13, 2004 at 14:09.
Old January 13, 2004, 14:07   #176
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Villagers:

Spiffor -
Rah - Alva
MattH -
Jamski - Alva
GhengisFarb - Alva
Skanky Burns - Alva
Nikolai - Alva
Zopperoni - Alva
Kassiopeia - GhengisFarb
Guynemer - Alva
Drogue - GhengisFarb
Alva -
vovan -

Not among the living:
ADG - Killed by Mafia (round 1)
Pave - Killed by villagers (round 1)
Jon Miller - Killed by Mafia (round 2)

Votes:
Alva - 7
GhengisFarb - 2
No vote - 4

The villagers have spoken:

Alva is taken out into the street, tied to a chair, and placed in front of a mirror. The villagers force him to look at his own reflection, and he is surprised to see that it is not a lion, but the picture of a dead man. Alva dies of a heart attack with his eyes still open in disbelief.

Night falls on the village.....
Old January 13, 2004, 14:14   #177
Guynemer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I gave my reasons for why I suspect Alva. What reasoning do you have for MattH?

What Jamski said.
Old January 13, 2004, 14:20   #178
Jamski
Deity

About the flower arranging classes ?

-Jam
Old January 13, 2004, 14:23   #179
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

So we should look for loose flower petals?
Old January 13, 2004, 14:25   #180
Guynemer
Emperor

Yes. MattH is a flower-kind of guy.