Old January 9, 2004, 17:00   #1
Trifna
King

Local Time: 23:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Firaxis: what would they like?
Okay, we know what we believe Firaxis could like, but did anyone got the opportunity to ask them if they something specific would be useful to them?

Some spefiic polls? The community's opinion of a specific issue they'd like some feedback about? Else?

I think the energy put on the List could be more optimal if some of it was put based on Firaxis' "on the field" needs.
Old January 9, 2004, 17:26   #2
Fosse
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4WDG Stratega
King

Local Time: 09:53
I have to agree. Unless a Firaxian pops in and gives us such information though, there is little we can do. Unless, Trifna, you want to start a letter writing campaign.
Fosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2004, 19:28   #3
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 17:53
The Firaxis folks are at the C3C forum at least. Maybe someone should point them here, as I doubt they are capable of reading every forum(that's only possible for mods you know!).
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2004, 02:26   #4
Trifna
King

erm... does anyone (Mark?) have the possibility to contact them and just ask them what they want? Otherwise, I do not believe alot in letter writing campaigns for some reason
Old January 10, 2004, 04:47   #5
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 02:53
Local Date: November 3, 2010
There is a possibility of a Firaxian popping in here to give us a few pointers on what they want, but since such input could be misconstrued as a promise to listen to the results of such polls, I doubt they will.

Then of course is the fact that they won't know exactly what they want to know from us - there are things they won't think of that we, being a larger number of minds, will think of.

Our best bet is to discuss all aspects of the game that interest us (which will most probably be everything) and then have the results in an organised manner so that Firaxians can pick and choose what opinions they want to look into. We know they read the forums, so provided the information is easy to access, this should fulfill our goal.

I would love to be proven wrong and have a Firaxian post here though.
Old January 10, 2004, 10:25   #6
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 01:53
damn if we only get to discu8ss firaxis ideas, we wont get to listen to 16 million zany comments ........
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2004, 11:50   #7
Fosse
King

It would help to eventually have a few things told to us, to narrow down our discussion. But it's possible that even Firaxis hasn't decided on the "big issues."
Old January 10, 2004, 13:00   #8
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 16:53
Re: Firaxis: what would they like?
Our money.
Maquiladora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2004, 21:52   #9
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 07:53
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
Of course, what do you expect?
Old January 10, 2004, 22:05   #10
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 02:53
But to get our money, they need to deliver a product similar to what the majority of us want, which leads us back to letting them know what we want...
Old January 10, 2004, 22:05   #11
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

The 2-piece lego set that is civ3 shows little use of the last List.
Old January 10, 2004, 22:14   #12
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Nah, Maq. I think it's obvious that they actually like Civ3. I mean, why would they keep making and patching it if they could just as easily make money by any other means?
Old January 10, 2004, 22:23   #13
Maquiladora
Emperor

Hey im not gonna get into another flame war on civ general, but i wouldnt expect any word from Firaxis here on civ4 until they want to make fixes for it. (hopefully theyll prove me wrong, but what do i matter)
Old January 10, 2004, 22:25   #14
Trifna
King

I wonder to which extent they want the List, and espescially what they wish to do with it. It could change the way we do it, to some extent.
Old January 11, 2004, 22:59   #15
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 15:53
Why don't you just send a really short PM to one of the Firaxis Employees, such as Soren on his apolyton screen name- that would probably be the least intrusive way to do so, Trifna

Personally, I'm content to sit back and not bother them until they officially announce the game
Old January 12, 2004, 04:28   #16
Trifna
King

Well the message goes no where when I put "Soren" as a recipient. Can you just send me some Firaxis name through the IM? Perhaps we should wait for them to announce the game though, as you say...
Old January 12, 2004, 15:10   #17
Fosse
King

Not a surprise. Imagine how many PMs those guys would get if they bothered to receive them. You could always throw a letter into the dark abyss of whatever e-mail address Firaxis has on their homepage.
Old January 12, 2004, 16:08   #18
Trifna
King

I think that this thread has better chances

Should such a thread be sticky for a while when/IF (!) we get an official anouncement? It doesn't really cost anything, except a bit of space.

I also wonder if Firaxis aren't a bit afraid to admit that the List wasn't THAT useful (because maybe they rather wished to bring their own vision of civ). It's sometimes a matter of public relations.

Last edited by Trifna; January 12, 2004 at 16:31.
Trifna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 00:24   #19
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

no, you see. His login is Soren Johnson FIRAXIS... all the firaxis employees have logins... Dan Mahaga FIRAXIS used to post here (But I think he's left the company) and so have some others ask some of the Civ III section regulars- they can give you a list of names.
Old January 13, 2004, 01:34   #20
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 10:53
Why not post something in the C3C forum with attn:firaxis in the headline. If I were you, I would get someone they are very familiar with, a former (current) beta tester or someone similar. I can think of a few names off the top of my head that would draw their attention (no offense intended for the fine people here of course )
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 02:01   #21
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 07:53
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
I think that could work.
Old January 14, 2004, 14:53   #22
Trifna
King

asleepathewheel: Well just give me the names and so on. I already have an all-made message for Firaxis. I just wonder if we should wait an official anuncement, since maybe Firaxis just CAN'T answer in the meantime.
Old January 14, 2004, 15:21   #23
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 10:53
I've sent you a pm.

Good luck in your endeavors, I hope that you aren't terribly dissapointed by lack of communication with firaxis.
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2004, 23:37   #24
DarkCloud
staff

Well, they DO visit the forums here

Jeff Morris_FIRAXIS comes by every so often at the Civ III secton, IF I remember correctly

even though they get flamed from time to time for putting out an inferior product
Old January 15, 2004, 05:44   #25
Trifna
King

Well I'll wait for an official announcement and then just send a short message proposing them to say what they'd prefer.

PS: Thx for the PM :P
Old January 15, 2004, 11:57   #26
DarkCloud
staff

That's probably the best solution