Old January 12, 2004, 12:23   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 10:02
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Terrible News.
With the recent 'election' of Master Zen to the rank of Emperor within the Glroy of War, he has seen fit to demote me from my acting rank as C.A.L.F. (Consul's Assitianct to Leading the Fighting), claiming that my service was far too unpredictible and that I was 'taking on one insane quest after another with little rational thought given to any of them'.

As such, and in his 'infinite wisdom' he has seen fit to demote me to the role of C.o.F.A. (Consul of Foreign Affairs). And thus, I have been relegated to no more than a mere carrier pigeon for the new Emperor and will likely never see battle again whilst under his watchfull eye.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
UnOrthOdOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2004, 13:26   #2
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 12:02
All your diplomacy are belong to us!
Jon Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2004, 19:53   #3
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
All your diplomacy are belong to us!
never heard that one before
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Panzer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2004, 20:49   #4
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

To think the Butcher of Bilbao, the Villain of Valencia, the Pillager of Pamplona has been reduced to this:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	uno.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	61668  

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old January 12, 2004, 20:53   #5
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:02
Unorthodox, if you really don't like your job that much, we could always trade. I'm the Chief Ambassador of the Crown for Spain. Great benefits, TONS of vacation time, the work is pretty easy, and you even get medical (courtesy of the Gathering Storm Medical Cooperative, a leading firm!). Hell, the title even sounds cool.

(too bad we don't have the :deal: emoticon from MZO here )
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 01:17   #6
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Panzer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 06:52   #7
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:02
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Re: Terrible News.
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

I have been relegated to no more than a mere carrier pigeon for the new Emperor and will likely never see battle again whilst under his watchfull eye.
/me sees an opportunity here

You mean you will need to be all diplomatic and nice to us now?

/me sees what he can do about getting appointed as GoW Ambassador for RP...

Won't that be fun? Your quest will be over, and you wouldn't be able to touch me!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 10:30   #8
Cort Haus
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:02

love the graphic, UnO
Cort Haus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 10:59   #9
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Phew! :wipes brow:

I saw the title and thought it was a game-ending bug/crash.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Arrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 12:33   #10
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I want Trappings of negotiations between MWIA and UnOrthO if they are going to be the one working out the details on Roleplay/GoW treaties!
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2004, 18:55   #11
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 18:02
Tell MZ that it was the biggest mistake he ever made

Sooner or later you'll have war with everybody.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Aidun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2004, 21:18   #12
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Aidun
Tell MZ that it was the biggest mistake he ever made

Sooner or later you'll have war with everybody.

Aidun
Now you're assuming that that isn't what they WANT.
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2004, 02:05   #13
rendelnep
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Ankh-MorporkCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Yeah just remember who we are dealing with and it involves war and worse glory. Some day Legoland is going to find a pack of hungry wolfs on its doorstep. Which in my opinion would be good because war= stories and legoland hasn'tcontributed much really...
rendelnep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2004, 03:16   #14
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I was starting to smile at UnOrthOdOx post, but Arnelos you really cracked me up.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2004, 06:03   #15
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
I want Trappings of negotiations between MWIA and UnOrthO if they are going to be the one working out the details on Roleplay/GoW treaties!
Wait! What? Treaties? Where?

/me does not believe it.....

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2004, 07:40   #16
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 18:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

Now you're assuming that that isn't what they WANT.
Yes, I do, GoW knows too well that when you attack another team with more teams than your own team only, it is likely to be defeated

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Aidun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2004, 15:22   #17
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Wait! What? Treaties? Where?

* MrWhereItsAt does not believe it.....

*sigh*

Yes....

Treaties...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old January 16, 2004, 06:46   #18
rendelnep
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Ankh-MorporkCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Well look at this way, if you screw up this job think of aaalllll the carnage you could create. Dear I say, even than if you were the C.A.L.F besides nobody has declared war on legoland yet. Would be a world first .
Old January 17, 2004, 00:38   #19
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

You just don't understand, all I do is relay the messages.

If I had the power, you'ld be at war right now, I dare say. The very fact Lego hasn't been at war just burns me...http://www.blockdeath.com/

Besides, we all know I think Legos SUCK.

Long live Mega Blocks!!!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; January 17, 2004 at 00:48.
Old January 17, 2004, 07:27   #20
rendelnep
Prince

Got to admit lego is sooon commerialized these days it's all racing cars and action figures and cathedrals and aqueducts *sigh* gimme the good ole days
Old January 17, 2004, 09:56   #21
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

My sympathies UnO.

If you are looking for another job, there are numerous ski instructor positions open within Vox.
Old January 27, 2004, 14:32   #22
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
My sympathies UnO.

If you are looking for another job, there are numerous ski instructor positions open within Vox.
Don't you need tourists to generate any cash flow?
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote