Old February 4, 2004, 07:54   #391
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 16:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
So you have to try and take me down this round? *giggles* This match may be a draw then

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 4, 2004, 08:03   #392
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Possibly, though since you have 2/3 of the health I have, I'm betting it would take all three strikes for you to kill me, while it would take me only two. However we must wait and see what happens when Spaced comes on

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 4, 2004, 08:24   #393
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I think you won't take 39 health off me unless you are either VERY lucky or VERY skillful

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 08:49   #394
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I know I'm the former, and I'd like to think I could try the latter from time to time

Besides, if you have gone for all out attack, a last gasp to try and kill me, getting 39 won't be too hard, since your defense will be weak. If you've gone for anything else, I doubt you will score more than the 21 that differentiates us. Therefore, I don't think you can be winning after this round. If you've gone for the fomer, a large attack my me would be enough to kill you, before you kill me, or I can defend and you won't be able to score 60, or anything close. If you've gone for the latter I can attack and possibly take more off you than you take of me while defending, or I can defend and I will still be winning by 21 points for the next round. If you've gone for one big hit, then an all out attack from me will likely take some off you, and you will take some of me, whereas a defend would mean we may end up with nothing happening, or you could take a small amount off me.

I don't see a way, almost whatever I do that would be sensible, that you could end up after this round ahead of me.

Old February 4, 2004, 10:43   #395
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 11:03
Welcome again fight fans to the continuing exciting combat between Lord Drogue of Antonie and Jamski-San. Skanky, what do you make of the action so far?

"Well, a couple of more blows by either opponent and if the other opponent goes down, it will be all over. Either way, only one of these warriors will make it out of this competition."

The combatants start their little dance of blood and the crowd seems to go into a slight daze. Both contestants execute attacks and defenses during the three encounters, but the end result is no hits for either. They both step away from each other baffled by the others defense.

(Jamski has 39 points remaining, Drogue has 60 points remaining).

(You may submit your next moves).
Old February 4, 2004, 10:46   #396
Drogue
staff

Old February 4, 2004, 10:50   #397
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 10:03
All talks huh?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 10:51   #398
Drogue
staff

Orders sent

Old February 4, 2004, 10:59   #399
Jamski
Deity

What's this talk of finishing me off, Drogue? I can block you all day till you get bored

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 11:01   #400
Jamski
Deity

Oh well. Orders Sent.

/me wonders if he's taking a risk here *

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 11:04   #401
Drogue
staff

I was going to finish you off, but I didn't think you'd go all defensive. Too much power, not enough attack last time

Old February 4, 2004, 11:05   #402
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:03
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Hooray, a good drinking round!
Old February 4, 2004, 11:09   #403
Jamski
Deity

I did say you wouldn't be able to take me down

Now, assume I put ALL my points in defense. Could you actually hit me?

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 11:14   #404
Drogue
staff

w00t, SC online and all orders sent. Maybe another round today?

And yes, I could. The highest defense you can do is 34, 33, 33, and I could put 35 into attack and 15 into power twice. I'd do 28 damage, you'd do none.

Old February 4, 2004, 11:21   #405
Jamski
Deity

Yes, but I'd expect that and put 40, 40, then attack with the third for small damage. You have a one in three chance of hitting me with one of your wild swings, while I am guarenteed to nick you with my weak attack. (attack 1, power 9?) If I get lucky... well... and keep getting lucky...

But have I done that? Have you done that?

Probably not

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 11:25   #406
Drogue
staff

Jamski: You put 40 defense in two, you're weaker for the third. So it is always possible to hit, no matter what the other person does.

And no, I haven't for 35 attack for two almost. It's just not necessary, and leave me too open. You could do a couple of 10 0 40 hits and kill me. Higher power is my safeguard, because if you try to hit me, you'll have to lower you're defense. I'm presuming you're not going to just do 0 0 0 for attack, since that would be utterly boring, and wouldn't help you're cause, since you could never hit me.

Old February 4, 2004, 11:34   #407
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Welcome again fight fans [Yawn] to the continuing exciting combat between Lord Drogue of Antonie and Jamski-San. Skanky, what do you make of the action so far?

"Damn good drinkin' fight."

The combatants start ....but the end result is no hits for either. They both step away from each other baffled by the others defense.

(Jamski has 39 points remaining, Drogue has 60 points remaining).

(Hey don't expect a big story for a bunch of misses, me want blood!).
Old February 4, 2004, 11:37   #408
Jamski
Deity

Heh. And I tried to hit you Drogue

Orders Sent

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 11:46   #409
Drogue
staff

I tried to hit you too! Methinks someone's not using a full 50 on one line, lest some of my hits would have struck

Old February 4, 2004, 11:49   #410
Drogue
staff

Sent

Spaced: If we don't hit at all, a big story isn't needed!

Old February 4, 2004, 11:54   #411
Jamski
Deity

You'll never work out my defensive powers, Drogue!

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 12:08   #412
Drogue
staff

Well, actually, knowing my attack last time, and that you're defense must be higher, coupled with the fact it's a brilliant strategy, having low attack, high power once, and high defense the other two, banking that I'm going to have no defense in one place when I try my attack. You don't get hit unless we both get the same turn where we go for our attack, and at that point with me having no defense and you having high power, you score a large hit. No way to defend against it without just putting defense up and not scoring any hits.

Old February 4, 2004, 12:18   #413
Jamski
Deity

Hah, I thought you might have worked out my tricks. It appears not

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 12:19   #414
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 10:03
This battle has started to become more and more like a debate.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 12:22   #415
Drogue
staff

Jamski: Then I am glad. Anything else is foilable

HongHu: Only because that wimp won't lower his defenses and attack!

Speaking of which, bring on the results of round 6

Old February 4, 2004, 12:26   #416
Jamski
Deity

I HAVE to play this round carefully, because you are foolishly trying to kill me in one round

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 12:31   #417
Drogue
staff

I'm not! I said I wasn't going to leave you on one, because I can't do 38 damage without having virtually 0 defense all the time, meaning you could do a small attack and 31 power twice and kill me. I want to keep my advantage. I am attacking, but there is no way I'm leaving myself that open, when you have effectively nothing to lose. The only way you can win is by hitting me hard, since anything else will invole either tiny hits (not doing enough to matter, while risking me doing decent amounts) or where we both hit each other.

Old February 4, 2004, 12:53   #418
Jamski
Deity

Nah, the only way YOU can win is if I hit you hard... I know what you want me to do

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 12:55   #419
Drogue
staff

How else can you win? What other thing can I not defend against?

Old February 4, 2004, 12:58   #420
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Welcome again fight fans to the continuing exciting (verbal?) combat between Lord Drogue of Antonie and Jamski-San. Skanky, what is you take on the action of the last rounds?

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz."

Skanky?

"Huh...What, Oh wow! What a fight I tell you! I haven't seen this much excitement since I painted myself into a corner and had to wait for the paint to dry before I realized that there was a door way to another room right behind me. Ah, those were the dayz."

Voice from the crowd: "Come on ya little sissy boys. Can I have the next dance?"

Allllrightly then, back to the action. Jamski looks to put up another defensive struggle because Drogue is on the attack again. He deftly swings at Jamski who manages to block the powerful swing just in time.
The sheer power of the swing left Drogue's defenses in shambles as Jamski was able to execute a compacted thrust right at the head of Drogue. The tip of his blade found the right eye of Drogue, and Jamski ended his thrust in a pop of clear fluid, blood, tissue, and a slice of eyelid.

Drogue stepped back howling in pain, and both contestants assumed a defensive posture for the rest of this round.

(Jamski has 39 points remaining, Drogue has 50 points remaining).

(Staying interesting, you can come from behind if you play the right strat.)