Old February 4, 2004, 13:00   #421
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:03
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Will someone hurry up and get themselves killed please?

EDIT: Ahh, some fresh blood! Good work.
Old February 4, 2004, 13:01   #422
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 16:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Oh, he did some damage

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 4, 2004, 13:04   #423
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Orders sent.

Old February 4, 2004, 13:19   #424
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Orders sent too

TAKE THAT! HiiiiiiiiyyyyyyAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 4, 2004, 14:43   #425
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 11:03
Huh? What? Are they going at it again? Ahem!

Welcome again fight fans to the continuing exciting combat between Lord Drogue of Antonie and Jamski-San. Skanky, any comment on the action of the last round?

"Oh, I just can't look at Drogue for too long, kinda gives me eyestrain if you know what I mean. Looks like Jamski might be on the comeback trail. Either way, this can't last too much longer, at least not in this thread."

Jamski starts off the round with a quick attack which Drogue easily blocks. Drogue offers no rebuttal. Drogue backs away looking for an opening, and he finds what he is looking for. He fakes to the right and then spins and comes down hard on the back of Jamski's left calf cleaving the meat off the bone from kneecap to lower shin. Jamski was in a defensive position, but was just outclassed by Drogue's attack.

Jamski drops to one knee and assumes a defensive possition and Drogue backs away and offers no other attack for this round. Jamski manages to get back to his feet, but his left leg is pretty useless with the giant piece of meat that drags behind it, still attached at the ankle. Jamski is leaving a nice puddle of his life force behind him in the sand everytime he stops.

(Jamski has 24 points remaining, Drogue has 50 points remaining).

(You may submit your next moves).
Old February 4, 2004, 15:29   #426
Drogue
staff

w00t, got some back

Old February 4, 2004, 17:15   #427
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Oh... was that an attack?

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 17:18   #428
Jamski
Deity

I don't see what I can do against these little "chipping away" attacks... a big strike leaves me open, and I can't spread my defenses to ensure that I cannot be hurt.

Its a beautiful set of rules really - so many possibilities...

/me pats himself on the back *

Orders sent, for what its worth

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 18:43   #429
Drogue
staff

Orders sent

Old February 4, 2004, 19:11   #430
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Okay we are back again and not a moment too soon to the on-going bout between Jamski-San and Lord Drogue of Antonie. Skanky, your thoughts.

""

Okay then, the opponents look real serious about getting this one over. Both Jamski and Drogue drop their shields to the ground and resolve to get this thing settled.

Drogue starts in with a blinding attack and lands his sword on the neck of Jamski cleanly slicing through quite a bit of tendons. Jamski counters throwing all his weight into the blow and hits Drogue in the head whacking off a a chunk of hairy meat in the process.

Drogue does not even look fazed as he basts off another blinding attack and drives his sword into the chest of Jamski, who at the same moment used Drogue's inertia and his own to drive his sword into the chest of Drogue.

Both contestants step back away from each other. Drogue starts to waver and Jamski starts to smile, but it was a strange kind of smile, like Jamski was in a far away place. Drogue stumbled again and then reached up and ripped Jamski's sword out of his chest. The crowd is roaring as Jamski steps towards Drogue with arm outstreched like he was reaching for his sword. He stopped short of Drogue, fell in the sand, and lied still.

(Jamski has 0 points remaining, Drogue has 2 points remaining).

Drogue moves on to the finals. Good game Jamski, but you forgot that Drogue has Armor of 11. One more on power for those attacks and you'd have the tie. (Which means sudden death..he-he)!
Old February 4, 2004, 19:58   #431
Jamski
Deity

I thought he had 10-10 like me...

DAMM!

Good fight though Drogue. I went for the suicide, and tried to take you with me...

/me 's ghost bows and departs the arena, wishing Drogue luck and honur in the finals *

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 20:21   #432
Drogue
staff

Very nice. Almost. Almost

I was tempted to go for little attacks with defense, or one big attack. However I thougth it worth the risk. I'm guessing you went for 25-0-25 in the first two rounds?

You know I actually wrote and sent the orders, leaving you on one, thinking you wouldn't kill me, and then changed it to stop being flash, and to get it over with. Boy am I glad!

/me bows, after a noble fight.

Well fought, noble sir. Twas an honour.

/me wanders off to be with himself, before sending a few telegrams away, to organise a funeral for his departed opponent.

Looking forward to the final I really wasn't expecting to get this far. I was very lucky to get join second, was expecting to be in the running for 4th. Who will be the opponent though? The Doctor or The Princess?

/me goes to rest and prepare for the toughest ordeal yet, the final of Gladiator

Old February 4, 2004, 22:42   #433
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Jamski,

We could have a bout to determine third, if you are interested?
Old February 4, 2004, 23:01   #434
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

:applause:
Old February 5, 2004, 00:41   #435
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 10:03
Wow! Real impressive. To Lord Drogue for his nice strategy, and Jamski with his good come back.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 5, 2004, 04:06   #436
Jamski
Deity

/me 's ghost makes a curtain call *

Nah, no play-off for 3rd place. Me is dead.

I'd have creamed my pants if Drogue had left me on 1, with him on 2... talk about a nervewracking conclusion...

-Jam
Old February 5, 2004, 10:19   #437
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
* Jamski 's ghost makes a curtain call *

Nah, no play-off for 3rd place. Me is dead.

I'd have creamed my pants if Drogue had left me on 1, with him on 2... talk about a nervewracking conclusion...

-Jam
I guess that I'm glad that did not happen.

Spikey, we need your orders please. You are back, aren't you?
Old February 5, 2004, 10:25   #438
Skanky Burns

If he is, he is showing very unusual restraint - he has not posted in over a day.
Old February 5, 2004, 10:40   #439
Drogue
staff

Either way, something tells me I'll need something special for the final

Old February 5, 2004, 17:31   #440
Jamski
Deity

Just play as well as you have learned from fighting Jamski-San, and you should do ok.

Spaced - it would be very interesting if you would post all the numbers for the game so me and Drogue can analyse it.

-Jam
Old February 5, 2004, 18:24   #441
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

I'm not digging in the trash, and I keep my pm box clean so's I don't get confused. I've been writing them on post its, and trashing them after the story post....sorry
Old February 5, 2004, 19:13   #442
Drogue
staff

Besides, my opponent could learn from them. However we could PM each other our orders? I think I have almost all, if not all of mine saved.

Old February 6, 2004, 08:33   #443
Jamski
Deity

I have to keep my PM box cleared almost daily, sorry. That's why I asked Spaced.

-Jam
Old February 6, 2004, 09:21   #444
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 17:03
Ok I am back.............but 3 weeks away makes everyone mad for you to do things when you return. My head of dept even has a *list* of nags.

Tonight (my time) the orders will come, and the fight can continue.

And oops, yes I am winning.

Jamski/Drogue: a quality epic!
Old February 6, 2004, 09:34   #445
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike
Jamski/Drogue: a quality epic!
We aim to please

Old February 6, 2004, 16:28   #446
Jamski
Deity

I aimed to win

-Jam
Old February 6, 2004, 18:36   #447
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

It's not important to win the battle. It is more important to win the heart.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 6, 2004, 18:42   #448
DrSpike
Deity

If your orders are all zeros you'll win my heart.
Old February 6, 2004, 18:54   #449
Snowflake
Princess

Why do you need so many zeros?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 6, 2004, 19:56   #450
DrSpike
Deity

Sent.