Old July 19, 2004, 22:44   #421
smellymummy
King

Local Time: 08:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
no hard feelings here nye

and that's surprising. when I first saw your stack of immortals, I figured it was your plan from day one
Old July 19, 2004, 23:58   #422
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 10:06
That it was from an early point. That was the only play when you were the big dog with a free city and the Pyramids from an SGL on the first tech. It was what had to happen. I planned and I schemed. I assembled that stack of Warriors *** Immortals, but you were the big dog and something had to be done. So all was good.

Then it came time to cross the Rubicon, so to speak. I felt a twinge of regret, but sent the Immortals on nonetheless. Then I won at New York (?). Your forces did well and it was a fight, so I healed.

Then I was at full health. What next? Next is Washington obviously, so I held my nose and sent the stack onward towards your doom or mine. (I had no reason not to believe that there would not be some forces of retribution about).

Then I awoke one fine day and found Washington a smoking ruin, and the defender not able to mount a defence of such a fine city. Distaste mounted.

Then Boston and I noticed gaps in your North and then the Spanish were neighbours. Well, then I knew you had been well and truely jumped. The worst bit is that I started to send messages about such an event right after I noticed the Pyramids the turn you finished them, so long ago.

The point is that all of it, the Immortals and New York, the razing of Washington, the defeat at the hands of two civs... all of it is the right thing for us and for you to do.

I just don't like it when it is a human I am tormenting in a game that allows me weeks to think about it. Give me simultaneous on line, and I will gut you while snickering (or be gutted while trying). I just don't like PBEM.
Old July 20, 2004, 16:03   #423
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:06
550BC Turn sent to Smelly.
Old July 20, 2004, 16:08   #424
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

I concur with your feelings NYE - When my partner and I play over our LAN, we play until all of the AI civs are destroyed....then we just start a new game. When it eventually comes down to just my parner and I left in the game, a lot of the spice of the game is gone and we both see no reason for a long and bloodied fight just between our two civilizations.

We decide who won the game by the final civ score when the final AI civ has been destroyed - it's just easier that way.
Old July 21, 2004, 01:24   #425
smellymummy
King

myself I'm enjoying PBEM. the anticipation of receiving your turn when things are going good, or the suspense of wondering if your units will die by the time the save makes it your way is really fun

plus the game pace is great in most games, and it really doesnt take much time to play. in sp I could spend hours, days, entire nights on most games.

550 bc sent
Old July 22, 2004, 21:34   #426
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

More computer troubles. Fixed enough now to get this turn sent.

turn sent
Old July 23, 2004, 01:19   #427
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

NYE - Time to upgrade your system?
Old July 23, 2004, 03:20   #428
notyoueither
Deity

Well, after a transformer blew a block away from me, I have to forgive my motherboard for packing it in and going to sleep with the fishes.
Old July 23, 2004, 05:04   #429
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

I Understand your position NYE.
Old July 23, 2004, 13:59   #430
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

530BC Turn sent to Smelly.
Old July 23, 2004, 18:10   #431
smellymummy
King

turn sent
Old July 26, 2004, 22:25   #432
notyoueither
Deity

turn sent
Old July 28, 2004, 13:45   #433
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

510BC Turn sent to Smelly.
Old July 28, 2004, 15:42   #434
smellymummy
King

to notyoueither
Old July 28, 2004, 21:46   #435
notyoueither
Deity

turn sent
Old July 29, 2004, 11:47   #436
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

490BC Turn sent to Smelly.
Old July 29, 2004, 16:37   #437
smellymummy
King

turn sent
Old July 29, 2004, 21:54   #438
notyoueither
Deity

turn sent
Old July 30, 2004, 16:09   #439
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

470BC Turn sent to Smelly.
Old July 30, 2004, 16:15   #440
smellymummy
King

turn sent
Old August 3, 2004, 21:55   #441
notyoueither
Deity

turn sent
Old August 4, 2004, 13:05   #442
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

450BC Turn sent to Smelly.
Old August 5, 2004, 16:28   #443
SirOsis
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 17:06
I don't have anytime for civ anymore.

I've put all my games up for "sale". I've had a great time for the past couple years and will still hang around the forums. Just very little time for gaming.

If you know anyone interested in picking up some more games send them over to the sale thread.

Thanks again!
Old August 6, 2004, 12:43   #444
smellymummy
King

sent
Old August 6, 2004, 22:08   #445
snoopy369
PtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG VoxC4DG The HordeC4DG Gathering StormC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4DG SarantiumC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMAge of Nations TeamPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Team BananaApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Euphorica
Deity

Local Time: 11:06
Heya folks, i'm taking over for SirOsis. Not sure which of you sends to him, but i'm at snoopy369 ā yahoo if you don't know my addy already ^^
Old August 6, 2004, 23:33   #446
smellymummy
King

welcome

could you gift me some gold?
Old August 6, 2004, 23:52   #447
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Glad to have you on board Snoopy!
Old August 11, 2004, 22:14   #448
notyoueither
Deity

Sorry for the delay. Work and a few other things have been very... interesting.

turn sent
Old August 12, 2004, 01:36   #449
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

NP NYE, I for one, definately understand.

430BC Turn sent to Smelly.
Old August 16, 2004, 13:27   #450
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Smelly....Are you still with us?

*Bump*