Old January 13, 2004, 11:27   #1
Bella Hella
Prince

Local Time: 11:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
question on troop movement
is there a way to select a group of units to make them move at the same time? ifyaknowwhatimean? you can do this in civ3 (i'm not sure about the other civs since i haven't played them). it takes SO LONG to move each unit individually. if there's a way to create groups and move them as a group, i'm gonna kick myself...
Old January 13, 2004, 15:01   #2
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 18:07
press j on keyboard. A menu will appear with some options which types of unit you want to include (pretty good). You created a group. Use shift+j to move it. Hopefully this helps you althrough I prefer to move each individual unit. Seems I am a control maniac.
Old January 13, 2004, 17:09   #3
Barinthus
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 08:07
I don't like the group feature on SMAC/X, I find it confusing.
Old January 13, 2004, 17:19   #4
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 18:07
yes, I think you can move the groups only to other bases, and they kinda disperse on the way.
Old January 13, 2004, 18:41   #5
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 11:07
That was my experience -- I also don't recall any choices regarding what units I wanted to include.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.