Old January 13, 2004, 16:20   #1
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 17:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
People of Israel!
People of Israel!

Times are critical. We are not even a fully independent nation, and already, the signs of war lie over us.
Soldiers have entrenched at our borders-to-be, and Israel is threatened to become a nation founded on hatred.
We are in a period, where we have to make decisions that will influence our fate, the fate of our children, of our grandchildren and the entire nation of Israel.
Let us not choose a destiny of hatred and war, let us choose a destiny of harmony and peace. The Harmony Party stands for these values. Vote for the Harmony Party!

But do not take my word alone -read our Party manifesto

-Shaul Levy, temporary head of the Harmony Party until the return of Yaakov Yitzchak

HPI - Harmony Party of Israel

Last edited by Stefan Härtel; January 13, 2004 at 16:27.
Old January 13, 2004, 16:42   #2
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Good post: that is the kind of propaganda that adds flavour to a game
Old January 13, 2004, 23:05   #3
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 16:08
Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
Good post: that is the kind of propaganda that adds flavour to a game
But propoganda alone cannot hide the weakness of their arguments.

It is not us who have started this war, but the Arabs. For years Hagganah, Irgun, and other forces have been needed to defend our people from raids and attacks as the British turned a blind eye. With the departure of the British, it was necessary to act with all speed to safeguard our great nation.

As I speak, Egyptians are massing tanks and armored cars in the Sinai, the Syrians prepare to assault us from the heights of the Golan, the Lebanese prepare to move on Safed, and the Jordanian Arab Legion marches to aid the Mufti of Jerusalem in ridding the land of our people! Why do we fortify and entrench our borders? We do so to defend our land, our friends, and our families and loved one's from being massacred and pushed into the sea!!!!! This land is not being founded on hatred, but for freedom. But too seldom is freedom ever free.

No one wants war. But unless Harmony could perhaps explain how they intend to safeguard our loved ones without violence, then fight we must.

For freedom, security, and peace, I invite all our fellow citizens to examine the founding manifesto of the ONE ISRAEL party.

With One Israel, we have begun to fufill our objectives. We no longer live in isolated settlements, cut off from one another and at the mercy of marauding Arabs. Our cities are linked, and defenses are unified. West Jerusalem is secure, and we are preparing to unify Yerushaliem by liberating the east, allowing us access once again to the holiest place of our religion, the temple mound. In the Golan, defenses are being prepared in the mountains to resist the Syrian assault, and reinforcements flow to the area on the roads now under our control.

Our task is not yet done, nor will the times ahead be easy. The enemy is still many, and they may still strike in unexpected places, such as the bombing raids on Tel Aviv. But from Naharriyah in the north to Eilat in the south, from Tel Aviv in the east to Mishmar Yarden in the west, our men and women, strong in spirit, growing in strength, and aware of what is at stake, await the gathering storm ! Weather this storm we must, for the long history of our people cannot end here!

For more words of insipiration from our courageous Chief of Staff, visit here

Old January 13, 2004, 23:34   #4
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 12:08
Well as the President of Israel, I would personally like to thank Stefan for stepping up and taking over in his parties time of need!

As Party Hack of One Israel, GO PINKY GEN!
Old January 14, 2004, 00:08   #5
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 08:08
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
One Israel for a peaceful Israel.
Old January 14, 2004, 09:58   #6
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

[propaganda mode]

People of Israel!

The Harmony Party and the One Israel party are telling you that this election is about principles. I'll tell you the thruth: This election is about surviving, so you'd agree that you must choose the most eficient party, and that's Centre party.

Centre party behaviour isn't limited by ideological principles, and the performance of our ministers and our front leaders clearly shows that Cente Party is the most efficient solution.

If you want a free Israel, vote the most efficient party: the Centre Party.
If you want a democratic, non far-right, non far-left contry vote the middle man's party: the Centre Party.

We're right now out of propaganda stamps, but we'll distribute them in the coming days
[/propaganda mode]
Old January 14, 2004, 10:09   #7
yaroslav
Emperor

[more propaganda]
BTW, One Israel shouldn't use the flag as if it was only the flag of One Israel. It's the flag of all people of Israel

Do you see people? One Israel can't difference between the state and their party
[/more propaganda]
Old January 14, 2004, 12:30   #8
Stefan Härtel
King

The Harmony Party believes in Israel. But it also believes in peace and harmony.

People, be careful! Don't mistake true patriotism and the protection of your loved ones for paranoia, prejudice and predomination!
Some forces that claim to serve the nation of Israel are in truth craving for power and are polluting the holy grounds this nation is founded on!
We are fighting for the preservance of our moral values. It is a sinister, omnipresent and dangerous enemy that is threatening us and our nation. But in contrary to what the current leaders of Israel are trying to tell us, this enemy is inside of our nation, right here. It is not the Arabs. It is lie and deceit, it is violence and hatred that grows here, in our cities, in our streets and on our soil, like an evil tumor that is threatening to swallow the nation. Let us fight this true and dangerous enemy! Let us not kill innocent people for it!
The Harmony Party is an Israeli party. It believes in the nation of Israel, and it believes in freedom and democracy. It believes in the human being. And it believes in you. Don't dissapoint us.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	hpi.gif
Views:	42
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	61802  
Old January 14, 2004, 14:38   #9
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
[more propaganda]
BTW, One Israel shouldn't use the flag as if it was only the flag of One Israel. It's the flag of all people of Israel

Do you see people? One Israel can't difference between the state and their party
[/more propaganda]
[engage propoganda]
I never said it was One Israel's flag. It is the flag of our great nation, and I feel there is no shame in reminding people about what this election is currently about, the survival of our nation. Perhaps other parties may wish to create their little flags. But One Israel is for Israel, and we see no reason to invent new pretty flags when we already have the epitome of our nation embroidered in cloth, the flag of Israel!!
[ending propoganda]

[begin mundane explanation]
It's a bit like how U.S. politicians pose with the U.S. flag. The parties here don't have their own flags, they always use the stars and stripes.

Anyway, I'll have full propoganda responses to Centre and Harmony later, my response depends on how nasty I want to get.
Old January 14, 2004, 20:48   #10
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 13:08
Elections are rubbish. The army, now that's efficient.
Old January 14, 2004, 22:33   #11
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen

But propoganda alone cannot hide the weakness of their arguments.

It is not us who have started this war, but the Arabs. For years Hagganah, Irgun, and other forces have been needed to defend our people from raids and attacks as the British turned a blind eye. With the departure of the British, it was necessary to act with all speed to safeguard our great nation.

As I speak, Egyptians are massing tanks and armored cars in the Sinai, the Syrians prepare to assault us from the heights of the Golan, the Lebanese prepare to move on Safed, and the Jordanian Arab Legion marches to aid the Mufti of Jerusalem in ridding the land of our people! Why do we fortify and entrench our borders? We do so to defend our land, our friends, and our families and loved one's from being massacred and pushed into the sea!!!!! This land is not being founded on hatred, but for freedom. But too seldom is freedom ever free.

No one wants war. But unless Harmony could perhaps explain how they intend to safeguard our loved ones without violence, then fight we must.

For freedom, security, and peace, I invite all our fellow citizens to examine the founding manifesto of the ONE ISRAEL party.

With One Israel, we have begun to fufill our objectives. We no longer live in isolated settlements, cut off from one another and at the mercy of marauding Arabs. Our cities are linked, and defenses are unified. West Jerusalem is secure, and we are preparing to unify Yerushaliem by liberating the east, allowing us access once again to the holiest place of our religion, the temple mound. In the Golan, defenses are being prepared in the mountains to resist the Syrian assault, and reinforcements flow to the area on the roads now under our control.

Our task is not yet done, nor will the times ahead be easy. The enemy is still many, and they may still strike in unexpected places, such as the bombing raids on Tel Aviv. But from Naharriyah in the north to Eilat in the south, from Tel Aviv in the east to Mishmar Yarden in the west, our men and women, strong in spirit, growing in strength, and aware of what is at stake, await the gathering storm ! Weather this storm we must, for the long history of our people cannot end here!
It is interesting that the prime minsiter has said this. Not only are we nowhere near able to capture East Jerusalem, our defences still require lots of work. Operation "Three Wise Men", launched to save West Jerusalem, was not only not needed, but almost made us lose Ben Gurion, an important zionsit figure due to enemy bombing raids. Do not let the unified cities fool you into thinking we are anywhere close to winning. With very little money left to invest into spending into infrastructurre and troops, and with limited defences, we may find almost all our territory in the Galilee, the Negev and in Judea and Samaria overrun. What Israel needs now is a strong DEFENSIVE, doctrine. Without it, we have no chance of repulsing the enemy forces. The "gathering storm", as the prime minister has called it, requires us to be ready to defend ourselves and hold our territory. Vote Centre, and you will get experience leaders in both the management of the economy and in the leadership of military forces in combat. All of our party members have been in the knesset or have been generals on many fronts. Vote Centre, and you will not regret it.
Old January 14, 2004, 23:36   #12
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by EmuGod
It is interesting that the prime minsiter has said this. Not only are we nowhere near able to capture East Jerusalem, our defences still require lots of work. Operation "Three Wise Men", launched to save West Jerusalem, was not only not needed, but almost made us lose Ben Gurion, an important zionsit figure due to enemy bombing raids. Do not let the unified cities fool you into thinking we are anywhere close to winning. With very little money left to invest into spending into infrastructurre and troops, and with limited defences, we may find almost all our territory in the Galilee, the Negev and in Judea and Samaria overrun. What Israel needs now is a strong DEFENSIVE, doctrine. Without it, we have no chance of repulsing the enemy forces. The "gathering storm", as the prime minister has called it, requires us to be ready to defend ourselves and hold our territory. Vote Centre, and you will get experience leaders in both the management of the economy and in the leadership of military forces in combat. All of our party members have been in the knesset or have been generals on many fronts. Vote Centre, and you will not regret it.
Note: Party Hack Hat on

Does this mean you will show up and play and contribute on a regular basis then?

I just want to point out that this may all very well be true however this Knesset member has missed one of two Knesset votes we have called, had to have his turn played for him one time, and delayed the game more than once.

What we need is people who are committed to the cause, not Party members who just make cameo appearrances during elections!

Vote One Israel if you want dedicated members who want to win this war and ensure the survival of our new nation!

Note: Party Hack hat off.
Old January 15, 2004, 01:33   #13
PinkyGen
Prince

With all due respect to the Defense Minister, I would find his twisting of facts and figures almost laughable. But this chicanery cannot be ignored.

First, with the one specific allegation: I do not know why their is criticism of three wise man operation? I consider it a brilliant action in helping relieve West Jerusalem, which was being pounded by Arab Legion Artillery. Valuable money was spent directly drafting troops off the street of Jerusalem, and the city still remained in dire straits until it was relieved.

As for East Jerusalem, I never called for its capture in 6 months time, just that steps be taken to help ensure its liberation, which has been. The Irgun has fortified itself on the doorstep of the Old City. No doubt the Arab defenses will be fierce, and the siege will last a bit, but unless the Jordanians send reinforcements through the West Bank, Jerusalem will be re-united.

One Israel is not blind, and we realize that defense is paramount. I am getting quite aggravated that our oppenents miscast our party's motto as "attack, attack, attack! Generals from both parties wish to attack at certain points, and have commented on the lack of artillery on their fronts. But we have built a great variety of defensive units instead, as much as fiscal prudence allows (as our ministers usually show up for work ). But our defense is not static. If it had been static, our cities would have been isolated, and could have been chopped up piecemeal by the Arabs. Our territory is linked, which is quite important for our defense; otherwise the settlements in the Golan would stand no chance, West Jerusalem would still be surrounded, and control of the Galilee would be contested. Our work is not done, and the Negev is particulary at risk. Nevertheless, considering that we have fought six months with limited manpower, money, and arms (thanks to the arms embargo), we have done what we could.

As for the Harmony rant, I'll wait until they actually adopt a program that could at least theoretically protect our loved ones.

A vote for ONE ISRAEL is a vote to safeguard Eretz Yisrael

Old January 15, 2004, 02:25   #14
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
I am enraged and insulted that EmuGod, one of the most strident supporters of beefing up the defenses in the Judean Front now opposes those forces that at the time were necessary to save Jerusalem. I beg you to consider the fact that if the Defense Minister had supported fighting for West Jerusalem now, we might be less than a turn away from taking the Holy City. Instead, he has forced us to wait at least 2 more months for that vital objective.
Old January 15, 2004, 05:12   #15
yaroslav
Emperor

[Yaroslav mode]

POTUS, don't take it personal. This thread is about politics and even if we would have no critics about One Israel we should worked up some in order to have elections material

[Yaroslav mode]

[Mini-mod mode]

And to all the guys here: that thread is what citiziens needs to know who are they goting to vote. I only ask everyone to remember that we're posting here with the [party hats] on, so don't take it personal, don't use names to call people and so on. Until now I've no complaints about any post in this thread, but remember to keep it civil, as it is by now. Thank you all

[/Mini-mod mode]

[Party hat on]
Vote Centre are you're voting for efficiency. I ask you for take a visit to the fronts and ministers of the Centre party and see what we've done: that's our best commercial!

Our rivals says: 'peace,peace all the way' or 'static defense (agressive war), static defense all the way', we say SURVIVAL
[/party hat off]
Old January 15, 2004, 09:10   #16
Dr. Nick
Deity

Quote:
What Israel needs now is a strong DEFENSIVE, doctrine.
Audacity! Always audacity!
Old January 15, 2004, 10:24   #17
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
[Yaroslav mode]

POTUS, don't take it personal. This thread is about politics and even if we would have no critics about One Israel we should worked up some in order to have elections material

[Yaroslav mode]

[Mini-mod mode]

And to all the guys here: that thread is what citiziens needs to know who are they goting to vote. I only ask everyone to remember that we're posting here with the [party hats] on, so don't take it personal, don't use names to call people and so on. Until now I've no complaints about any post in this thread, but remember to keep it civil, as it is by now. Thank you all

[/Mini-mod mode]

[Party hat on]
Vote Centre are you're voting for efficiency. I ask you for take a visit to the fronts and ministers of the Centre party and see what we've done: that's our best commercial!

Our rivals says: 'peace,peace all the way' or 'static defense (agressive war), static defense all the way', we say SURVIVAL
[/party hat off]
I concur with Yaro 100% here. We can do some good natured ribbing, and point out facts about the record of opponents but please do not take it personnal or let it get out of hand.

Or else Yaro will close this thread faster that feces through a goose!
Old January 15, 2004, 13:52   #18
PinkyGen
Prince

What about the rumor that a certain party member eats puppies? Is that allowed?
Old January 15, 2004, 13:56   #19
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:

No, you are for static defense, ONE ISRAEL is for victory!!!!!

Old January 15, 2004, 16:02   #20
Stefan Härtel
King

Quote:
The only way to survive without self-termination is by making our neighbours our friends, not our enemies!
Old January 15, 2004, 21:33   #21
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by POTUS
I am enraged and insulted that EmuGod, one of the most strident supporters of beefing up the defenses in the Judean Front now opposes those forces that at the time were necessary to save Jerusalem. I beg you to consider the fact that if the Defense Minister had supported fighting for West Jerusalem now, we might be less than a turn away from taking the Holy City. Instead, he has forced us to wait at least 2 more months for that vital objective.
It is my opinion that the forces outside East Jerusalem are NOWHERE near powerful enough to break through the defences of East Jerusalem. One or two more artillery pieces would not have made the critical difference at this point.

I do not deny that I have missed turns, but look at what has happened when replaced by our president. There was huge problems later on with the management of the unit production that were hard to put back on track such as in Ein Gev, where the city continued to build already completed projects. In other areas we have also had mismanagement problems of our industrial resources when the president was managing them, which I hardly call competent management.

Our generals complain of lack of artillery, which is true due to a lack of resources. Perhaps if the kibbutznicks in Judea and Samaria had been assigned to the defence of the towns there and not to road building that more offensive forces could be built as the cities would be ready to defend against the Jordanians.

Operation "Three Wise Men" did not save West Jerusalem as we might think. The city was lacking the defensive units, but they were being built up to protect the city and would have survived the Arab assault. The operation almost led to a disaster in Tel Aviv, if I may remind everyone.

In terms of offensive strategy, Centre is devoted to a limited offensive strategy until the appropriate forces are ready to attack the Arab forces in the area. Beseiging East Jerusalem is premature when the Jordanians can bomb our units there and possibly destroy and damage some before using their artillery to pound them.

I would also like to add that as defence minister I have provided some artillery that have not been used for any purpose yet, such as some in preparation for attacks against Beer Sheva, which may still be vulnerable. Vote Centre, and you will get a leadership devoted to protecting ourselves and lauching the best counterattack possible against Arab tanks. We will build a strong defence capable of defending Israel.

(OOC: I don't mean to offend you, conmcb25. Please do not take anything personally)
Old January 15, 2004, 22:06   #22
POTUS
Prince

They would not have survived the assualt. There were 3 Arab artilleries on the hills surronding the city. Without that operation, Jerusalem did not have a chance. And, road-building is important. How do you expect to get to and from the citites if not by road.
Old January 15, 2004, 23:21   #23
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 02:08
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
Elections are rubbish. The army, now that's efficient.
Can't argue with that logic!
Old January 16, 2004, 00:39   #24
Dr. Nick
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Sunrise

Can't argue with that logic!
You're a fast learner. Damn right you can't argue!
Old January 16, 2004, 00:58   #25
POTUS
Prince

Not when the guy who gives you the troops is not there most of the time.
Old January 16, 2004, 02:33   #26
PinkyGen
Prince

I echo what POTUS said on the necessity of the Three Wise Men Operation. Jerusalem would have most likely fallen, and barring that, we would have needed to spend a huge sum of money to constantly replace the defenders being destroyed by the Arab artillery. I believe the besiegers of East Jerusalem are also in a fortress, so an air attack will not destroy the force.

I also find it hardly fair to blame the President for problems he took over from a "derilict" minister. (ooc: not meaning to be personal too). The President had little guidance of what specific programs were being supported by the Defense Minister, and muddled through a complex system with minimal disruption.

No matter which party gets elected, we are going to face a fiscal crunch in the next six months unless the Diaspora forces abroad send us more money.

Edit: Forgot my patriotic picture.

It will be ours again!!!!!!

Last edited by PinkyGen; January 16, 2004 at 02:43.
Old February 11, 2004, 10:27   #27
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
Quote:
The only way to survive without self-termination is by making our neighbours our friends, not our enemies!
or by eliminating them !!!!!
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old February 12, 2004, 11:12   #28
Stefan Härtel
King

The electorial campaign is over.
Old February 12, 2004, 17:51   #29
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

fortuantly will be another one soon, and the people of israel need to be kept informed ....
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old February 13, 2004, 00:13   #30
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Rasputin
fortuantly will be another one soon,
Not very fortunate, considering the party can only lose political power from our current peak.