Old January 13, 2004, 23:46   #1
Kahn
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Probably a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway...
I'm curious, why no mention of games like “Empire Earth”, “Empires: Dawn of the Modern Age” and only passing mention of AoE on this site? Too much “feature creep”?

(Please, I would prefer that only those in charge please answer, I don’t wish to start a debating society thread, just looking for a candid, honest answer. Thanks ahead of time.)
Old January 14, 2004, 00:43   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:09
Local Date: November 3, 2010
They are real-time. Civ is turn-based.
RoN is an exception to this rule, being a real-time game, but even then it has "turn-based" features like being able to think about your next move all you want with the game paused before putting the plan in action and actually being able to issue orders while the game is paused.
The main reason it got on this site though was it was BR's game - the same BR who was responsible for Civ2.

The rest of the games you mention are not covered as they aren't really part of the game styles that Apolyton covers. That being said, the Other Games forum will allow you to talk about any game you like, from Empire Earth to the Sims.

Finally, this probably should have gone in the community forum, being an issue about Apolyton itself and not games being made.
Old January 14, 2004, 22:46   #3
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 16:09
BR being Brian Reynolds.

and indeed- this should have been posted in the community forum section
Old January 15, 2004, 00:35   #4
Kahn
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:09
Sorry, looked for a cross between the most appropriate place and one where I would get a straight answer from it's intended audience. Thanks.