Closed Thread

Old January 14, 2004, 11:18   #1
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 16:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
"What Civ" Run-off Poll
Seeing as we still have time to debate this and there was not a clear front runner (yes, Greece won, but not by much) and alot of people did not vote for one of the top 5, I am starting this run-off to finalize.

It is a weighted poll. You get three votes. One for three points, one for 2 points and one for one point. Only vote for a civ once.
Old January 14, 2004, 14:17   #2
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 09:10
Feefty Thousan' polls later.... it's still Rome, Greece, and Iroquois.

You know, these were the same three civs the American Imperialist team at MZO voted on. I think we were on to something.
Old January 14, 2004, 15:46   #3
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

This poll will have to run for 72 hours in order for it to be legal. It was started 56 hours before our choices are due, which is not enough time. The other poll will have to suffice.
Old January 14, 2004, 17:55   #4
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:10
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I agree with BF.

In this poll.. I voted
Maya, Greece, Carthage.
No strategic resources needed!
Old January 14, 2004, 21:33   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:10
Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
This poll will have to run for 72 hours in order for it to be legal. It was started 56 hours before our choices are due, which is not enough time. The other poll will have to suffice.
NO! How long were the other polls for? I had no idea they were even on, and I last visited this forum only about 4 days ago!

Iroquois
Mayans
Greece

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old January 14, 2004, 22:07   #6
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 10:10
These results appear to be slightly different with the Mayans pulling ahead.
Old January 14, 2004, 22:18   #7
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 12:10
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

NO! How long were the other polls for? I had no idea they were even on, and I last visited this forum only about 4 days ago!

Iroquois
Mayans
Greece
Just vote here and lets see what happenes
Old January 15, 2004, 01:15   #8
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:10
The Maya??

It's like we change civs like they're "flavors of the week!"

I really don't care what we end up with, but at some point a decision has to be made. I'm in favor of just accepting our last "final" results, but I'll see what the other Consuls think.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old January 15, 2004, 06:06   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
The Maya??

It's like we change civs like they're "flavors of the week!"

I really don't care what we end up with, but at some point a decision has to be made. I'm in favor of just accepting our last "final" results, but I'll see what the other Consuls think.

--Togas
I guess that means Consuls have the final say, which is alright as an absolute final word I suppose....

/me scuffs his feet

It's not as if we are changing our votes though, it's just that those of us who didn't get the chance to vote are doing so in they hope they can actually have their say.

Old January 15, 2004, 10:12   #10
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
I guess that means Consuls have the final say, which is alright as an absolute final word I suppose....

* MrWhereItsAt scuffs his feet

It's not as if we are changing our votes though, it's just that those of us who didn't get the chance to vote are doing so in they hope they can actually have their say.
I think Togas is correct here, unfortunately this poll did not have a 48 hour cut-off per my original request if we indeed wanted to repoll this.

MWIA, I will manually add your votes to the original polls and recalculate.

Although this trait of yours to always be a "day late and a dollar short" on voting on polls is very charming please do not expect much sympathy from me in the future.

Watching what is happening at the UN, getting the information distributed here, polling for the answers, and getting the info back to the UN is rapidly getting to be a full time job (that doesn't pay very well).

So please in the future pay attention and try to vote on at least these critical issues in a timely manner.

I now have to decide what we are going to do today, and vote at the UN within about 8 hours.

And whatever I do will probably be second guessed.

Not a position I relish being in.
Old January 15, 2004, 11:23   #11
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

This poll is shaping up at all like the other polls. I assume its because of the votes of those whose choices didn't make the top list to be included in this one. The Mayas definitely seem to have gained from those who had chosen a civ that wasn't included in this poll.
Old January 15, 2004, 11:37   #12
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Mybe Im adding wrong but Greece is winning in this one with 26

Then Mayan 25

Rome and Iroquois 19
Carthage 6
Old January 15, 2004, 11:46   #13
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

hmmm I got:

Greece (3 points) 4 = 12
Greece (2 points) 5 = 10
Greece (1 point) 6 = 6
Total for Greece = 28

Iroquois (3 points) 4 = 12
Iroquois (2 points) 3 = 6
Iroquois (1 point) 1 = 1
Total for Iroquois = 21

Rome (3 points) 3 = 9
Rome (2 points) 5 = 10
Rome (1 point) 3 = 3
Total for Rome = 22

Carthage (3 points) 0 = 0
Carthage (2 points) 2 = 4
Carthage (1 point) 4 = 4
Total for Carthage = 8

Maya (3 points) 6 = 18
Maya (2 points) 2 = 4
Maya (1 point) 3 = 3
Total for Maya = 25

Civ (Votes for first choice)
Greece (4) at 28
Maya (6) at 25
Rome (3) at 22
Iroquois (4) at 21
Carthage (0) at 8
Old January 15, 2004, 11:57   #14
jagjef
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Vox
Prince

Local Time: 17:10
Well, I was in just now and voted and changed things for the favor of greece.
Old January 15, 2004, 18:14   #15
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

conmcb25:

I think everyone would be fine with using the latest poll numbers set up by donegeal. It is a legal poll because it can be manually closed at any time after 48 hours has elasped. It doesn't have to close at any particular time as per the Constitution, it only has to run at least 48 hours. Which is enough time for you to make our choices at the UN.

BTW, the totals, as of this post, are:

Greece: 31
Iroqouis:19
Rome: 23
Carthage:10
Maya: 25
Old January 15, 2004, 21:06   #16
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:10
Alas, poor Iroquois
Old January 15, 2004, 21:27   #17
Donegeal
Emperor

As requested by Consul Conmcb25.
Old January 16, 2004, 08:27   #18
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

REopened, as requested by Consul conmcb25

Old January 16, 2004, 08:35   #19
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
REopened, as requested by Consul conmcb25
Yes but for sure, without changes this poll needs to close at the stroke of 1900 GMT today.

That will give me time to add up any last minute votes and then vote at the UN.
Old January 16, 2004, 15:42   #20
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK no change since this morning we go with

Greece
maya
Rome

MODS close this thread and poll as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by conmcb25; January 16, 2004 at 16:32.
Old January 16, 2004, 16:16   #21
Donegeal
Emperor

Ok.
Closed Thread