C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:11
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Turn file
B*stard Poly file uploading service.
Take this!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip enigma_2153.zip (87.7 KB, 0 views)
Old January 15, 2004, 04:30   #2
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 16:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Hey! An attachment in the Hive forum! Wow!

How did you make 'poly accept it?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 15, 2004, 07:06   #3
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

It's a secret. Bribe me with power or secrets of your own.
Old January 15, 2004, 12:32   #4
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 10:11
What do you mean? I've always been able to do that.

Enigma, can you post a summarize of the turn please? I'm at work and am not able to open the game. But I would like to try and see if I could contribute some comments. Appreciated!

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 16, 2004, 00:41   #5
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Enigma, I am not able to download the zip file. Have you email the turn to the university yet?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 16, 2004, 01:33   #6
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Holy Crap, you -can't- download it!
I'll send it to you guys when I see you on MSN.
You'll most likely disagree with some of it... but I do what I can.

So I send this to Archaic?
Okay... doing that.
Old January 16, 2004, 11:16   #7
Snowflake
Princess

Thanks Enigma.

When we elected you to be the turn player, we have given you the power to do things even if we don't agree. (Of course we would propose changes if we can.)

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 19, 2004, 01:59   #8
Snowflake
Princess

Finally was able to look at the turn.

Two major comments:
1. I noticed that you are working a lot of (1,0,0) (0,1,0) or (1,1,0) (1,0,1) (0,1,1) squares. This is very inefficient. I wouldn't do that at all. I understand that you are trying to stagnate our research to wait for the Drones. However, you could have used techicians who will give us +3 econ to replace the librarains, in stead of turning them into inefficient workers. We are a cash lacking faction and the this turn could be a very nice chance for us to rack some cash.
I also understand in some bases you are trying to finish crawlers in one turn so you have to use those +1 min squares. However you could have used the 80 ecs to rush some of them (if you rush them the right way this 80 ec could be a big help) while using the techincian will generate much more then 80 ecs the next turn.
I also understand that in some bases you would be experience hunger if you don't use the +1 food squares. However there appears to be some condensors sitting non worked/crawled. We could have shovelled some crawlers to get more food. I know it is not going to be very easy. Also if a base already have some cumulation of the foods, we could live with some hunger while we shovel the crawlers.

2. You seemed to be building lots of crawlers. I know that we are preparing crawlers for SPs but the bases that are doing this should be fairly close to the base where we are planning for SP building. The new bases should be building formers instead. I noticed that some of the bases are really in need of teraforming. This again is related to the first point, where workers do not have forest to work instead are working very inefficiently.

I did not have enough time to look at each individual bases very closely. But I did see some instances where we could gain by reallocating workers/crawlers.

For example, Michanapolis, there is a crawler crawling 1 min, and in the next square a worker is working (7,1,0) condensor. The crawler should be crawling the food. Another crawler is crawling 2 min in a river forest square, next to a (5,1,0) farm square. The crawler again should crawl food and let a worker work the river forest.

Another example is that seat of unity was rebuilt from Jamski Clovek and it lost all of its crawlers in the rebuild. We need to rehome some crawlers to make it more effecient. Kody also needs some rehomed crawlers and a garrison. We should not leave any base unprotected.

Another example is some formers are building farms in two or three different places close to Enigma where it is in urgent need of forests. You already are doing some teaming but I would say that there's no need to build 3 farms right now. Instead we perhaps should team some of them to build some forests.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 19, 2004, 02:27   #9
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Yeah, I'm not too big on the Specs thing.
I'll note that in future.

Oh, BTW, there's a reason I'm crawling a single-resource squre and working a dual-resource square. (Think about it)

Minerals, in addition to saving 4ECs for a 1 min rush, also gain 0.5EC due to stockpile.
A technician gains us 3ECs.
Therefore, a mineral unit will give us an average of 1.5ECs more.

HongHu, I know the details with Enigma's Vengeance. There -does- need to be a lot of forming done around there, but the formers are busy sensorring a nearby area.
Those 3 formers saving former time (condensor in a silly spot) will build a road from the Western bases to our new SouthWestern bases.

The condensors being neither worked nor crawled was mainly to get lots of production done - crawlers, and stockpiling ECs.
We'll be able to do a lot with those crawlers.
The Crawlers seem bulky now, but I'm planning to rush 2 SPs in the space of 1 turn. That will leave us with quite a crawler shortage!

Another reason I'm stalling Formers is because A. they'll cost support minerals in most bases, B. Crawlers will need replacement, and C. production will be wasted on some of them.
I'll consider rehoming minerals as it looks like we'll get those SPs in 2155 or 2156, and thus we need less crawlers, more formers, and probably also more creches.

I'm trying to save ECs for the rushes on creches and nodes in our booming bases; we'll need a load of ECs.

The Forest thing has been taken into account and we will proceed as planned.
...Note that I will move to rectify the massive crawler shift before the Drones get MMI to us. Condensors will be re-crawled.
Old January 19, 2004, 02:35   #10
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

You know... I could really use a secondary to remind me of stuff like this...

Tech in our 2155? I'm moving crawlers to ramp the tech in our 2154. It's a bit inefficient the way we're stagnating our tech, but it's for an early MMI.
Old January 20, 2004, 11:26   #11
Snowflake
Princess

You strategy is understandable, that you are trying to stagnate tech for reaching MMI sooner, and building crawlers in prepare of SP building.

I still disagree with you though, regarding technician versus working (0,1,0) squares.

Quote:
Oh, BTW, there's a reason I'm crawling a single-resource squre and working a dual-resource square. (Think about it)
This is not tricky at all. This is exactly what I'm promoting and should always be followed whenever possible.

In the example I gave you you were crawler a rivered forest while a condensor was worked. This is an example that the spirit of that rule is not followed. A better allocation would be to work the rivered forest and crawl the condensor. However, I have not looked at the turn closely, so perhaps there is a reason you are doing this. Maybe the crawler was in transition toword the future SP base. What I did and will try to do in the future is present my observations and comments, while you would choose whether to accept those opinions based on your more familiarity with the game.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 20, 2004, 11:57   #12
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I'm looking at Googliegrad or Voltairograd and Kody's Legacy to be future SP sites.

Chances are that crawler was for a different base, and being used to complete production. I wouldn't be so frugal with my ECs, but I don't know how much I need to rush the creches and the SPs.
Old January 25, 2004, 18:17   #13
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 18:11
i cant down load it have no permision

would some commisar help this poor working class citizen?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old January 26, 2004, 01:43   #14
Snowflake
Princess

PM Ming and ask him look into this.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 26, 2004, 08:36   #15
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Go to the AC Democracy game forum.
Find turn tracking thread.
Open it by clicking on it.
Locate a link that says 'Enigma_2154.zip'. This should be on the last or second-last page.
Click on this link to download the file.
download, open with a zip extractor.
If you don't have a zip extractor, find one on the internet.
(post below if you need instructions)
Extract files somewhere. How this is done depends on your extractor, it should have a help file.
REMEMBER their location, or better yet, write it down!
Start Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire.
(Again, post below if you need further instructions)
Click on the button marked 'Multiplayer'.
Click on the button marked 'Hotseat/Play-By-Email'
Click on the button marked 'Load multiplayer game'
Now, REMEMBER (or read) where you extracted the files.
Go to that directory (post below if you need instructions)
Double-click on the file with the word 'Hive' in it, as this is the HIVE save.
----------------------------
You may now admire the pretty colours.

Post below when you need further explaination with any of this, and mention what you're having trouble with.

Last edited by Voltaire; January 29, 2004 at 00:35.
Old January 29, 2004, 00:25   #16
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Can someone delete the password that enigma put in the above post.

I thought it was agreed that passwords shouldn't be put in the private forum especially since it's quite easily for any person to walk right into a private forum at will.
Old January 29, 2004, 00:27   #17
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 06:11

Comrade Kody Lives!!!!!

"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis