Old January 18, 2004, 19:40   #61
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 16:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
DO NOT RUIN TASSAGRAD DO NOT RUIN HIGHVALUE CITY

Old January 18, 2004, 19:52   #62
Space05us
King

Local Time: 04:13
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Stalin Physical Reeducation Center?
Old January 18, 2004, 20:05   #63
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

People actually read the descriptions?
Old January 18, 2004, 20:11   #64
Space05us
King

props on making that commercial building historical, it's real purdy. I was going to but I had to pause the game and go do something and forgot about it.
Old January 18, 2004, 20:16   #65
Nubclear

I wish I could use Asian architecture on this city. It would look soooo much better.
Old January 18, 2004, 20:23   #66
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 10:13
Comrade Tassadar, I would like to remind you that the success of High Value City was a work of all three mayors. Yes, you started it, which is the most important part, but I helped a little, and Space05us really helped .
Old January 18, 2004, 20:26   #67
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by mrmitchell
Comrade Tassadar, I would like to remind you that the success of High Value City was a work of all three mayors. Yes, you started it, which is the most important part, but I helped a little, and Space05us really helped .
You know....my comments are written as I'm playing the game. And usually when I'm playing it I don't stop to consider what other mayors did if it was a sucess
You are right, of course.
Old January 18, 2004, 20:33   #68
Colon™
Emperor

Local Time: 18:13
High value? Puh, I'm making it high value now!
DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.
Old January 18, 2004, 20:37   #69
Space05us
King

just to clarify...
this would be correct yes?

note: Tassagrad is obviously typed in red, however the .Jpg format didnt like this.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	62160  
Old January 18, 2004, 20:40   #70
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Yes

Will play after Colon, except if The Simpsons is on.

BTW I'm suprised Comrade Tassadar did not rename "Stock Exchange" to something like "Building of Oppression"
Old January 18, 2004, 20:45   #71
Nubclear

A stock exchange is how the masses steal money from evil capitalists.
Old January 18, 2004, 20:48   #72
Space05us
King

I hope Colon mistook the edge of the city for high value city, since high value city is now stable, and to disturb it could mean an end to our 15,000+ surplus each year.
Old January 18, 2004, 20:50   #73
Space05us
King

by the way, Tass what are those orange spots and how did you make them?
Old January 18, 2004, 20:53   #74
mrmitchell
King

Quote:
Probably by destroying government buildings.
Old January 18, 2004, 20:54   #75
mrmitchell
King

Quote:
A stock exchange is how the masses steal money from evil capitalists.
So, in Communism, the masses throw out the middleman Capitalist, and oppress the masses directly?
Old January 18, 2004, 20:59   #76
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Space05us
I noticed them too, and at first I thought you were an idiot and zoned Industrial but a query revealed they are not a zone....
I'm not sure what they are. Perhaps....Perhaps they are buildings only in SC3KU, and then when you got it SC3K didn't know what it was so instead replaced it with an orange block. Then I get it, and since the data has been replaced by orange blocks...It stays that way.
Old January 18, 2004, 21:01   #77
mrmitchell
King

The way to confirm this would be to find out what Landmarks and Reward Buildings that SC3K doesn't have.
Old January 18, 2004, 21:02   #78
Nubclear

I do not believe SC3K has any of the Asian ones?
Old January 18, 2004, 21:06   #79
Space05us
King

i dunno, I'll make a list next time I play.
Old January 18, 2004, 21:17   #80
Nubclear

Well...Here are the Asian wonders I believe are new. Just download this, Space, and see if you can see them
Attached Files:
File Type: zip soyuz.zip (234.3 KB, 1 views)
Old January 18, 2004, 21:45   #81
Colon™
Emperor

Yeah, I mistook high value city. I was actually talking about Tassadars' district.

Here's an overview of my administration:

- population at the start of the game (1980): aprox. 232.000
- current population (1990): aprox. 323.000
- did a major ordinances reform: basically killed most of it, including gambling. (hope I didn't tear down any holy houses there ) Also added several.
- also cut down on several other expenses (roads, fire protection, health...)
- net income slightly suffered, but it's way back up now.
- I relocated the stock exchange, it's now in the business quarter of Tass' district.
- also relocated the performing arts center to the same biz quarter. Both serve to increase land value in the quarter.
- built recycling centers, about 4/10 of the city's garbage is recycled now, killed one dump to make room for industry.
- built many parks to the western edge of Tass' district and near the biz quarter
- built new residential quarters on the western edge of Tass' district, trying to preserve the districts existential chaos while still trying to keep it somewhat sensible
- built a new industry park on the map edge east of Tass' district
- built the amusement park
- had a UFO attack and an earthquake but neither seem to have done much damage
- built one nuke plant, killed an oil power plant
- founded a new city district beyond the hills east of Tass' district

Recommendations to the next administration: None, feel free to **** up my legacy.
DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.
Old January 18, 2004, 21:48   #82
Colon™
Emperor

here's the file
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 'poly town.zip (246.1 KB, 2 views)
Old January 18, 2004, 21:50   #83
mrmitchell
King

crosspost
Old January 18, 2004, 21:51   #84
Space05us
King

Nice hammer & sickle

this is what I saw... (anything else that was placed but isnt in the ss is either a world trade center or petronas tower)
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	soyuz.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	62166  
Old January 18, 2004, 21:53   #85
mrmitchell
King

mrmitchell is now entering office
Old January 18, 2004, 21:54   #86
Space05us
King

just though I'd share...

note: its mrmitchells turn iirc.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	soyuz2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	62167  
Old January 18, 2004, 21:56   #87
mrmitchell
King

You did very good, Colon! I'll have a tough act to follow
Old January 18, 2004, 22:07   #88
Space05us
King

taxes at 4% and we're making 30,000+ a year.

all I can complain about is the new industrial sector, now we're going to have to build around yet another
and the fact that youre making us look bad.
Old January 18, 2004, 22:14   #89
Colon™
Emperor

You're right about the new industrial park, it's way too big. Originally I just wanted to build something small to make sure the citizens could still reach the industrial zones from Tass' district but I got a bit carried away. It would have been better if most of it had been built in the left corner of the map.
Old January 18, 2004, 22:19   #90
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:13
More screenshots of the actual game, please. Focus on the more interesting, newer bits.