Old April 27, 2004, 19:49   #151
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 12:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
IC to con

con to GF 2670 BC

NOTE THIS IS NOW A VERSION 1.22 game!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and dont blame me I didn't upgrade it )
Old April 28, 2004, 01:15   #152
Soltz
Iron CiversC4WDG Delian League
King

Local Time: 08:14
....oops!

I upgraded during the time while things were inactive. Does this present a problem for everybody?
Old April 28, 2004, 01:26   #153
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Soltz
....oops!

I upgraded during the time while things were inactive. Does this present a problem for everybody?
not for me because I already did the Go %%^^&&**((( am dual install but I know how GF loves to whine about everything so I figured I would just nip it in the bud
Old April 30, 2004, 18:27   #154
richthur
Settler

Local Time: 08:14
Soltz' Sub/Clone/Lackey
Reporting in as requested.
He's asked me to run his v1.22 C3C slots for him:

C3 Tournement, Game #2

my email for these purposes is:
kenthur@comcast.net

Quick update please, with the 1st save i'm to work with.
As to whose my freinds (i'll know his enemies obviously).
I'll read thru this thread for any special rules ya'll agreed to i this round.

Best of Luck (to stoltz & i)
Old May 2, 2004, 08:34   #155
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 10:14
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
IC to con

con to GF 2670 BC

NOTE THIS IS NOW A VERSION 1.22 game!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and dont blame me I didn't upgrade it )
I didn't get the save. But we need to find a replacement for me since I'm not upgrading to 1.22 till the bulk of pbems do. (90% are still 1.15)
Old May 3, 2004, 16:31   #156
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Resent to GF
Old May 4, 2004, 07:36   #157
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Got the save, will look for a replacement.
Old May 4, 2004, 09:59   #158
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Cant we just go back to 1.15?

The conversion should have been discussed before we did it.
Old May 12, 2004, 18:37   #159
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK guys what is going on with this??????????
Old May 16, 2004, 19:19   #160
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 18:14
GF, still looking for a replacement player?

i absolutely happy with 1.22 (can't go back) and am ready to take over. would it be temporarily or permanently?
Old May 16, 2004, 20:23   #161
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Permanently if your interested.
Old May 17, 2004, 03:58   #162
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

yes, i'm interested. but because of our geographical distribution, with me you'll mostly only get in a turn per day (but that reliable).

if you decide to take me, just send me our turn (sabrewolf AT blackhole DOT ch), the password, tell me what your strategies were so far and point me to the tracker thread.

Old May 17, 2004, 11:19   #163
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by sabrewolf
yes, i'm interested. but because of our geographical distribution, with me you'll mostly only get in a turn per day (but that reliable).

if you decide to take me, just send me our turn (sabrewolf AT blackhole DOT ch), the password, tell me what your strategies were so far and point me to the tracker thread.

You are welcome to take GF's place as far as Im concerned.

One turn a day is fine. It wouldcertainly be better than what we have been doing the last month or so

This is the turn tracker thread.

I assume the save will stay as 1.22 then?????
Old May 17, 2004, 14:32   #164
sabrewolf
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
You are welcome to take GF's place as far as Im concerned.
thanks

Quote:
One turn a day is fine. It wouldcertainly be better than what we have been doing the last month or so
it's always a pity when PBEMs die and it's not always nice to take over someone else's place, especially if the game is quite advanced!

Quote:
This is the turn tracker thread.
duh, my bad!

Quote:
I assume the save will stay as 1.22 then?????
if you revert to 1.15, wouldn't GF rejoin?

and why havn't the other PBEMs upgraded? imho there's nothing better about 1.15 than 1.22, au contraire!
Old June 14, 2004, 15:13   #165
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

What is going on with this one?

Are we going to try and finish? Or is it dead???
Old June 14, 2004, 15:53   #166
sabrewolf
Emperor

i didn't hear anything anymore and meanwhile i can't join this anymore as i've got too many games running anyway.

sorry guys...
Old June 14, 2004, 16:13   #167
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by sabrewolf
i didn't hear anything anymore and meanwhile i can't join this anymore as i've got too many games running anyway.

sorry guys...

Ah well so much for the tournament
Old June 16, 2004, 10:48   #168
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Are we proclaiming this one dead guys???
Old June 16, 2004, 11:44   #169
sabrewolf
Emperor

sorry guys

but with no answer in nearly a month and not wanting to nag, i gave it up.

conmb25, if you're looking for more games, ask conqueror. he's obviously a hell of a builder (clear lead in most games where alexman isn't present) and is looking for a replacement for some of them...
Old June 16, 2004, 12:05   #170
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Thanks SW

I maybe sliding into the Iron Civer Tourney.

I just hate to let this one die because not only are we screwing ourselves, we are screwing up the whole Tourneament to a certain degree.

Now they have one less player for the final game.
Old June 16, 2004, 12:13   #171
sabrewolf
Emperor

i saw you asking about that replacement game place, that's why i replied here about asking conqueror.

yeah, it's a shame that this won't finish, but it's still better than the MP-tournament.
1st game finished
2nd and 3rd never even got past the first round
4th finished, but with only about half of the games played.

why don't you guys ask for another replacecment? i had found GF's thread on page 4 of this board.
Old June 16, 2004, 12:19   #172
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

IF IJ and GF express interest we may just do that.

They have thus far been silent. Lets see what they have to say
Old June 16, 2004, 16:11   #173
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

What's going on here? Seems like there haven't been any activity since... well... a long time...

Could someone please give me a short explanation on why this game has halted (don't want to read through tons of posts)
Old June 16, 2004, 16:19   #174
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

In a nutshel soltz converted the game to 1.22.

GF b1tched about it.

We got a sub (sabrewolf)

Then it just got sidetracked after that and sabrewolf now says he has too many PBEMs and cant sub for GF.

I haven't heard from IJ in ages in this thread.

As a matter of fact I have not heard from soltz in ages either.

So until we revive some interest and/ or find some subs its dead
Old June 16, 2004, 16:20   #175
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

And as usual its all GF's fault
Old June 16, 2004, 16:25   #176
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Damn... 3 players backing out of a game... have you pm'ed Soltz and IJ???
Old June 16, 2004, 16:27   #177
sabrewolf
Emperor

soltz found richtur as a replacement ( http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...77#post2941377 ) but as we know from the new tournament and other PBEMs, richtur hasn't been around for quite some time (last post was 24.05.04 17:35).

but as the game is only 2630bc or so, a restart may even be better than finding 2-3 subs
Old June 16, 2004, 16:30   #178
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Feel free to restart the game, if you can find new people to join (as long they're not playing in another Tournament game)... remember to contact Oct X about the start of the game though... And post about it in the main thread
Old June 16, 2004, 16:30   #179
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
Damn... 3 players backing out of a game... have you pm'ed Soltz and IJ???
No on IJ but then as I just explained in the Tourney thread, I have has minimal internet access the past three weeks.

I was just back now and trying to revive this one.

Ill send a PM to IJ

But we still need a replacement for soltz (richtur) and GF.

Ill play if we find some new blood.

Ill PM IJ and see if he is still interested.
Old June 16, 2004, 16:34   #180
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

If it goes back to 1.15 I can play. I just can't play 1.22 saves.