View Poll Results: Does this installation glorify suicide bombers?
YES 19 25.33%
NO 49 65.33%
Banana 7 9.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 20, 2004, 01:24   #301
Winston
Emperor

Local Time: 18:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Your premise of Israel being an illegitimate state is false. You'll realise if you bother to check back on how it came into existence. Or just quit repeating leftist propaganda because it's convenient to you.

You seem a bit trigger happy throwing accusations of racism around as well, which comes as no surprise.
Old January 20, 2004, 01:29   #302
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 01:18
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Winston
Your premise of Israel being an illegitimate state is false. You'll realise if you bother to check back on how it came into existence. Or just quit repeating leftist propaganda because it's convenient to you.
Really? So the Arab majority that actually lived there were responsible for saying to the Jews, "hey, why don't you just come and take our country?".

They got stiffed pure and simple.

You really aren't a very bright lad are you? You've had your backside kicked up and down this thread by various posters and all you can come back with is petty accusations of propaganda. Typical of the right on this issue, as per usual they have only prejudices in place of reasons.

What luck for them that the public wallow in ignorance like pigs in muck.
Old January 20, 2004, 01:30   #303
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 10:18
Quote:
And it's telling that you didn't comment on my claim that most of the Palestinians killed in the conflict weren't innocents (unlike the overwhelming majority of Israeli casualties). Maybe that's not so terribly important to you.
The vast majority are innocent. Go to http://www.btselem.org/, an Israeli human rights organization, that does a great job of detailing all the dead form both sides.

To put things in perspectives, 439 Palestinians under the age of 18 were killed by the IDF in the territories, while 576 total Israeli civilians have been killed in total. Now,

In total, the Palestinians have killed 988 people, of which 39 were foreigners and 115 were Palestinians themselves. The Israelis have killed 2590, of which 9 were foreigners.

This data does not include- any suicide bombers or pals killed by thier own bombs- Israeli-Arab citizens killed during the october 2000 riots, or Palestinians who died becuase they could not get mdecial treatment fast enough due to movement restrictions, as well as some odds and ends.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old January 20, 2004, 01:36   #304
GePap
Emperor

On the number of people the Israelis have killed- one category is left unclear: 2289 Pals are listed ad being kiled by the IDF in the territories, while they state 126 were extrajudicialy exectued, while 85 other palestiians died as "colateral damage"

Now, given how they posted it, I assume those 211 Palestinians were not counted as part of the 2289. If they were, the israeli total goes down to 2379 killed. more than twice as many as the Palestinians, even including the Palestinian victims of intra-palestinian violence.
Old January 20, 2004, 01:38   #305
Winston
Emperor

So you believe the IDF kills Palestinian innocents in large numbers - what, for political purposes, good fun, because they're indoctrinated to believe it is God's will?

I will have to say the definition of what makes an innocent must suddenly have become very flexible.
Old January 20, 2004, 01:40   #306
Edan
Warlord

Local Time: 12:18
Quote:
Originally posted by Agathon

Do I think they should blow themselves up in cafes? No. But what else are they supposed to do?
Here's a thought. Use diplomacy.

It managed to get them 95+% of what they had wanted, before Arafat threw it down the toilet.
Old January 20, 2004, 01:40   #307
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Datajack Franit
You all please don't call art what I could have done by myself, art died about 60 years ago and was replaced by obscenities that cover the complete lack of any trace of talent

The truth will hurt some.
Old January 20, 2004, 01:43   #308
Edan
Warlord

Quote:
Palestinians 2573 Israelis 880
No. of whom were female 118 No. of whom were female 277
Non-Combatants killed by Opposite Side
No. of whom were female 932

87 Non-Combatants killed by Opposite Side
No. of whom were female 683
Combatants killed by Opposite Side 1194 Combatants killed by Opposite Side 179
People killed by actions of own side 324 People killed by actions of own side 20
Non-Combatants below age 12 74 Non-Combatants below age 12 36
Non-Combatant Males between ages 12-29 506 Non-Combatant Males between ages 12-29 169
Non-Combatants Aged >= 45 80 Non-Combatants Aged >= 45 219
Civilian casualties percentages:

Israelis: 932/2573= 36%

Palestinians: 683/880 = 78% (Not counting Palestinian non-combatants killed by Palestinians)
Old January 20, 2004, 01:43   #309
GePap
Emperor

Quote:
So you believe the IDF kills Palestinian innocents in large numbers - what, for political purposes, good fun, because they're indoctrinated to believe it is God's will?

Yes- they shoot live rounds into protestors, they accept "coolateral damage" of all sorts. When armies start throwing lead into the air and don;t care about whom it kills all that much, people die., lots of them.

Quote:
I will have to say the definition of what makes an innocent must suddenly have become very flexible.
Yup, those 400 plus kids were all terrorist. You are hopeless.
Old January 20, 2004, 01:48   #310
GePap
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Edan

Israelis: 932/2573= 36%

Palestinians: 683/880 = 78% (Not counting Palestinian non-combatants killed by Palestinians)
Yes, a bigger chunk of israeli casualties are "non-combatants". I never challenged that. Does not change the fact more Palestinians non-combatants have been killed by the Israelis than Israelis by Palestinians.

That Israel has an advantge in firepower and is able to kill a lot more combatants does not remove the moral implications of killing the civiliasns it does kill, anymore than the inbaility of Palestinians to kill as many combatants excuse their attacks against civilians.
Old January 20, 2004, 01:51   #311
Winston
Emperor

Civilian casualties ratios could aid in the determination of who is the aggressor though, if you were ever in doubt.
Old January 20, 2004, 01:54   #312
Edan
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap

Yes, a bigger chunk of israeli casualties are "non-combatants". I never challenged that.
Winston stated: "And it's telling that you didn't comment on my claim that most of the Palestinians killed in the conflict weren't innocents (unlike the overwhelming majority of Israeli casualties)."

That is correct: 64% of Palestinians killed were not innocents. 78% of Israelis killed were.

You stated "The vast majority are innocent. "

This is false. 36% is not a "vast majority", nor is it even a "majority".
Old January 20, 2004, 01:56   #313
GePap
Emperor

Quote:
Civilian casulaties ratios could aid in the determination of who's the agressor, if you were ever in doubt though.
No, they determine what strategies each side can use, given their abilities. Israel has modern technology, the Palestinians do not. IN WW1, using this method would hardly tell you "who was the aggressor". It would not work for Korea either.

Lets not forget how this begun, back in 2000: the riots begun in September: by the beginning of November 2000, less than 10 Israeli Jews had died, over 100 Palestinians were dead, and 13 Israeli Arabs were dead. That is how this begun, if people have forgotten.
Old January 20, 2004, 01:58   #314
GePap
Emperor

Quote:

Winston stated: "And it's telling that you didn't comment on my claim that most of the Palestinians killed in the conflict weren't innocents (unlike the overwhelming majority of Israeli casualties)."

That is correct: 64% of Palestinians killed were not innocents. 78% of Israelis killed were.

Fine, I was incorrect in that statement.

I will not waste my energy trying to squirm out of a mistatment when that would detract from a point:

MOre Palestinians civlians have been killed by the IDF than Israeli civilians by Palestinian militants. The difference lies in the capability- Israel is capable of taking out Palestinian combatants while the Plaestinians lack the weaponsry to do so, so they can only inflict large casualties by going after civilians.

The basic imbalance in power is what tilts the casualties, and why the palestinians are undoing their cause by going after Israeli civilians..they have almost 9almost, but not yet) removed the moral clarity the situation had once.

Last edited by GePap; January 20, 2004 at 02:12.
Old January 20, 2004, 02:00   #315
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 01:18
Quote:

Far more Palestinian innocents were kiled since they are winning in the casualty rates by about three to one last time I looked. Take your sophistical comparisons somewhere else.

And who determined this? The Israelis? That fat pig Sharon?

The pair of you have not offered one single point of substance in this entire thread. In fact you have done nothing but demonstrate your ignorance of history, politics and aesthetics. An impressive threefold display of folly that would impress anyone.
Old January 20, 2004, 02:07   #316
Winston
Emperor

Stop insulting your opponents or leave the thread Agathon. Go break some china if you must abreact.
Old January 20, 2004, 02:08   #317
Edan
Warlord

Quote:

Far more Palestinian innocents were kiled since they are winning in the casualty rates by about three to one last time I looked.
Obviously, the US was the agressor of WW2, with a death toll of ~300,000, compared with Germany, obviously a victim of WW2 with a death toll of ~6 million.
Old January 20, 2004, 02:14   #318
GePap
Emperor

Quote:

Obviously, the US was the agressor of WW2, with a death toll of ~300,000, compared with Germany, obviously a victim of WW2 with a death toll of ~6 million.
If only the US and germany were the only two sides.

Though if you do that, then you also mess Winston's system. And I edited my post above.
Old January 20, 2004, 02:14   #319
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

At first I couldn't figure out what the fuss could be about. A figure adrift on a lake of blood. Doesn't sound very glorious to me.

Then I read the link provided by Combat Ingrid.

For the June 12 deaths of her brother, and her cousin...

The murderer will yet pay the price and we will not be the only ones who are crying....

And many people are indeed crying: the Zer Aviv family, the Almog family, and all the relatives and friends of the dead and the wounded...

Then I thought, hmmm. Yeah, if I were from Israel, I might be a little upset about what the exhibit itself says, not just the mealy mouthed bleatings of the no-talent nitwit who put it together.

Trying to destroy the exhibit, or to damage it is not a great thing to do, but whoever the idiots were who approved it going up should be queried a little bit while deportation for the ambassador is being arranged.
Old January 20, 2004, 02:25   #320
Edan
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap

If only the US and germany were the only two sides.

Though if you do that, then you also mess Winston's system. And I edited my post above.
I was only trying to point out that higher death tolls (or higher civilian death tolls) don't mean squat.

Would you prefer I use the Gulf War as an example? Do you think we were the bad guys in that war?

Last edited by Edan; January 20, 2004 at 02:41.
Old January 20, 2004, 03:32   #321
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:

Far more Palestinian innocents were kiled since they are winning in the casualty rates by about three to one last time I looked. Take your sophistical comparisons somewhere else.

And who determined this? The Israelis? That fat pig Sharon?

The pair of you have not offered one single point of substance in this entire thread. In fact you have done nothing but demonstrate your ignorance of history, politics and aesthetics. An impressive threefold display of folly that would impress anyone.
1. Sophistical?
2. This site was linked to by the Zionist extremist known as GePap. He's a puppet of the Jewish conspiracy that rules the Western World.
3. Personal attacks....

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old January 20, 2004, 05:00   #322
Ned
King

Local Time: 08:18
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
At first I couldn't figure out what the fuss could be about. A figure adrift on a lake of blood. Doesn't sound very glorious to me.

Then I read the link provided by Combat Ingrid.

For the June 12 deaths of her brother, and her cousin...

The murderer will yet pay the price and we will not be the only ones who are crying....

And many people are indeed crying: the Zer Aviv family, the Almog family, and all the relatives and friends of the dead and the wounded...

Then I thought, hmmm. Yeah, if I were from Israel, I might be a little upset about what the exhibit itself says, not just the mealy mouthed bleatings of the no-talent nitwit who put it together.

Trying to destroy the exhibit, or to damage it is not a great thing to do, but whoever the idiots were who approved it going up should be queried a little bit while deportation for the ambassador is being arranged.
Old January 20, 2004, 05:08   #323
Ned
King

Agathon, you might want to do some soul searching about why you are so anti-Israel. Have you no sense of history? Don't you have a clue as to why the Jews need a homeland, a refuge on this planet where no nation has for long allowed them to live in peace.

They were permitted to settle in their former homeland by the Turkish Empire and then by the British Mandate. The people who were there in 1948, were there legally.

They were permitted to form their own state by the UN because the Arabs had grown increasingly beligerent during the Mandate, and the Brits no longer wanted to protect them. It is that simple.
Old January 20, 2004, 05:44   #324
dannubis
King

what would you say if the spanish reclaimed florida based on historical territorial rights ?

it think it would sound like ****thehelloff

The spanish occupied your country only 400 years ago.

Now comes along a committee of jews looking to reclaim their homelands from which they were driven almost 2000 years ago. So far i have no problem with this. Everybody has a right to have a piece of land to call their home. But their home, not their own, because it wasn't theirs to begin with.

The obvious answer of the arab who was living in these lands : ****thehelloff

So 50 years ago, these people lost their lands and got their butt kicked trying to reclaim it. This is still in terms of grandfathers mind you...

Now for over thirty years the palestinians stood by the road waving with palm branches trying to get international attention for their problem, but they were left to rot. No attempt at reaching peace with them was ever undertaken. They were put in refugee camps.

So they start to fight back... in a horrifying way, targetting civilians. Indeed so much very wrong, but i wonder what the difference is between loosing your child to a suicide bomber or loosing your child to a helicopter missile...

So instead of being anti-israel here (like some people like to call everyone who doesn't blindly supports the actions of the governement of israel, right ned ?), some of us like to see the broader picture. But that makes us all anti-semites right.

Now, am i going to get banned too for going against the predominantly right thoughts here ?
Old January 20, 2004, 05:52   #325
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 00:18
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
Agathon, you might want to do some soul searching about why you are so anti-Israel.
Anti-Israel is not the same as Anti-Jews...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
Have you no sense of history? Don't you have a clue as to why the Jews need a homeland, a refuge on this planet where no nation has for long allowed them to live in peace.
Think about those poor Babaylonians!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
They were permitted to form their own state by the UN because the Arabs had grown increasingly beligerent during the Mandate, and the Brits no longer wanted to protect them. It is that simple.
The Zionists used terrorism to establish their own country, plain and simple.
Old January 20, 2004, 10:42   #326
GePap
Emperor

Quote:

I was only trying to point out that higher death tolls (or higher civilian death tolls) don't mean squat.

Would you prefer I use the Gulf War as an example? Do you think we were the bad guys in that war?
Gah! Read what I say, not what you think i said. If you do so, you sometimes even make a valid point yourself.

I agree with you that the fact that more dead does not point to whom is the aggressor- but Winston's idea that percentages matter is also false, as your little "USA vs. Nazi Germany" points out as well, no?
Old January 20, 2004, 11:14   #327
SpencerH
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 11:18
Art provokes reactions.

Art with a political theme is supposed to provoke a political reaction. This piece seems to have worked quite well.
If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.
Old January 20, 2004, 11:21   #328
GePap
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SpencerH
Art provokes reactions.

Art with a political theme is supposed to provoke a political reaction. This piece seems to have worked quite well.
The issue is: wrong type of reaction, especially by a diplomat.
Old January 20, 2004, 11:34   #329
SpencerH
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 11:18
In some ways the actions can be interpreted as an addendum to the work. This isnt a national treasure, it's political art. If this hadnt happened, it would have slipped into obscurity.
If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.
Old January 20, 2004, 12:28   #330
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by dannubis

So 50 years ago, these people lost their lands and got their butt kicked trying to reclaim it. This is still in terms of grandfathers mind you...
Another version of the Jews stole the land.

And, yes, Dannubis, the sum total of your post is very close to what you say it is.