Old February 4, 2004, 23:06   #31
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 10:19
Local Date: November 2, 2010
OK, F-P. I would say that defaults would be the standard though. That would have AP (accelerated production) off. However, I have have no problem with it, and would encourage others to use it in the interests of getting matches finished sooner. If both players agree, that is a good way to go.
Old February 5, 2004, 05:02   #32
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 17:19
Im not going to be in any state to play this weekend, but I do have a week off next week (apart from mon, wed and thurs nights). The following weekend should also be clear.

Tuesday would be a great day for me, as I can play for as long as needed. The timezone doesnt matter as much, as I have no work the following day.
Old February 10, 2004, 15:28   #33
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 18:19
My schudle has been very full lately, and probably will be so for a while more. And I have very hard to forsee when I will be available during the coming weeks. I'm not sure if I'll have to back out of the tournament, but hopefully I'll find time for it.
Old February 10, 2004, 18:56   #34
Fried-Psitalon
Civilization IV: MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Sarantium
Official Civilization IV Strategy Guide Co-Author

Local Time: 11:19
As of tonight I'm available every night through Saturday for a match. Lemme know....
Old February 10, 2004, 21:00   #35
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

F-P, have you sent a message to Snotty? Try to hook up with him and then let me know. I can play you around his schedule.
Old February 11, 2004, 09:30   #36
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

hello people!
i'm back, sorry for the incoveniences.

i'm UCT+1 (central european time) and can more or less do any time between 09:00 and 02:00 (again, UCT+1), but my preferences are clearly my evenings and nights (so north american afternoons and evenings).

the sooner the better...

anyone who wishes to play, just PM me, but i may need some initial setup-time because this will be my MP game at conquests (so no need to archer-rush me, as i'm cannon fodder anyway )
Old February 12, 2004, 23:39   #37
notyoueither
Deity

I've sent PMs to everybody to see if I can arrange a couple of matches this weekend.
Old February 13, 2004, 04:24   #38
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

i'm available (all times UCT (formerly knows as GMT)):
saturday, 14th: 09:00 - 17:00
sunday, 15th: 11:00 - 23:59
Old February 13, 2004, 08:48   #39
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

I can play sometime during daytime (10 (maybe 9)-18 (maybe 19) GMT) this weekend.

But have to fit in a lot of other things on non playing hours, as well as cooking and eating more fixed to mid day.

Also I don't think I'll be able to spend more than 6-7 hours maximum on this this weekend.
Old February 13, 2004, 14:32   #40
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Ive got valentines rubbish to do on sat night, but should be free in the day 1100-1800 gmt. Sunday, maybe 1200 start, and not finishing too late.

Looks like us three have similar times. Ive got a relaxed saturday, so me and Sabrewolf should meet up if you are going to be rushed Gramphos.

I cant play tonight, but will be checking Poly if one of our intercontinental friends comes up with matching times.
Old February 13, 2004, 22:52   #41
notyoueither
Deity

OK.

It looks like F-P and I should get some time in on Saturday.

Snotty can meet up with sabrewolf on Saturday.

If Snotty and sabrewolf finish on Saturday, then Snotty can connect with Gramphos Sunday, and I can start a game with sabrewolf. Does that work for you Snotty?

I'll be on from 3pm est (8pm gmt) both days.
Old February 14, 2004, 09:27   #42
sabrewolf
Emperor

fyi: snotty and i are trying to start a game. currently problems on his end. trying 1.12 now...
Old February 14, 2004, 09:53   #43
Snotty
King

Something went wrong in the dual install now both 1.12 and 1.15 CTD on host, and freeze on joining. I need to reinstall but my friend I gave the original civ disc to is away for the weekend, so monday is the earliest I can do it.
Old February 14, 2004, 09:57   #44
sabrewolf
Emperor

if anyone has time... i'm ready
Old February 14, 2004, 20:39   #45
notyoueither
Deity

My game with F-P has begun, although it has been interrupted by work rearing its head (this post will probably be interrupted as I wait for several phone calls).

We have played a little under an hour, IIRC. Advantage goes to F-P's Inca with a free settler on turn 2 and experienced use of the demon scouts.

Picking Egypt, I almost spewed coffee on the screen when I saw the jungle near the start. Old time DGers will share my humour at this development. However, not all is lost and we feel hopeful that Pharaoh will put in a good showing.

We are to resume the match on Monday evening.

Last edited by notyoueither; February 15, 2004 at 00:42.
Old February 14, 2004, 20:43   #46
notyoueither
Deity

With Snotty's unfortunate situation, let's change things up a bit and have Gramphos meet up with sabrewolf tomorrow. PMs sent to both of them.

sabrewolf, if things do not go as planned, I will be on at about 8pm gmt tomorrow. We could begin our match.
Old February 15, 2004, 00:31   #47
Fried-Psitalon
Civilization IV: MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Sarantium

People laughed at my scouts...once.
Old February 15, 2004, 07:26   #48
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

I'm as ready as I can be... (of cource I could have been more ready if I had played more and programmed less)
Old February 15, 2004, 09:22   #49
sabrewolf
Emperor

yesterday i had to interrupt my game against FP.
but it wasn't going well at all for me and i guess i may give it up early if other games take too long.

but to say it short:
- he got a settler of mine. a) because my PC lag was awful and b) because is got a little more pracitse
- no horses, no iron
- he's got an alliance with the egyptians

the rest he doesn't know yet (maybe?) and will come in the AAR (or ARR (after resignation report))
Old February 15, 2004, 09:26   #50
sabrewolf
Emperor

gramphos: i'm ready too... waiting in poly IRC channel
Old February 15, 2004, 13:41   #51
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

The evil Persians have taken Copán from me and has burnt it down to the ground, is now charging towards Chichén Itza. The worls is at war against me, Zulu and Rome fighting on the side of Persions. I forsee a defeat.
Old February 15, 2004, 13:47   #52
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

The persians are now one tile away from my Capital, and I loss is near.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	persian_sige.png
Views:	57
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	64371  
Old February 15, 2004, 13:55   #53
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Chichén Itza has fallen into the hands of Persiains, efectfulling cutting my country in two parts.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	capital_taken.png
Views:	57
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	64373  
Old February 15, 2004, 14:08   #54
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Nothing can stop the Persian military. They are now siging Palenque, the new capital.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	attack_capital2.png
Views:	56
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	64375  
Old February 15, 2004, 14:18   #55
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

After one turn of sige the second capitall falls into the hands of the Persians, who leave nothing but ruines in their trails.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	2ndcapital_taken.png
Views:	55
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	64377  
Old February 15, 2004, 14:41   #56
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

With only one city left, and a settler on a galay I have retired. sabrewolf is the winner.
Old February 15, 2004, 14:42   #57
sabrewolf
Emperor

i'll compile my AAR after eating something.
unfortunatly, i couldn't get screenshots because my computer is a bit f'ed up.

gramphos, nice game. sorry my turns took so long in the end. when i saw the end was near, i started automating workers and governer-managing my cities... but i still took way too long.

anyway, thanks for the interesting game. with no AI between us, it was just something between us. i had some good trades (CoL, currency), which brought me to tech parity and being scientific gave me monotheism. just enough to bribe zulu (the strongest of all) into war against you...
Old February 15, 2004, 15:09   #58
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

At first I thought that I had a quite good start with wines and insense close (red) . However, I found out that the only possible way to irrigate to my cities would be in the pass (blue) on the sersion border, and I realised that I wouldn't be abel to irrigate my land. I wanted to try to get to the Ivory in north (green) but figured that it would take too long to connect it to the road network, and the Persions had already started the Statue of Zeus, and would have it complete before I could have a road done to the north.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	startanalys.png
Views:	53
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	64381  
Old February 15, 2004, 16:15   #59
notyoueither
Deity

Some of these maps do strange things to one player or the other, Gramphos. There seems to be quite a bit of luck of the map involved.
Old February 15, 2004, 16:19   #60
Fried-Psitalon

Such is the nature of online play, really - I would imagine the SP community would notice it more were it not for control-shift-Q. Map generation can have a big effect on MP games; the skill comes in on knowing how to cash in on whatever the map has given you. Most of the best MP folk are not the best infrastructure builders (though that does help) - they are the ones who are the most adaptable.